Only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun* - Page 5 - Forums at Modded Mustangs
 46Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #81 of 142 Old February 7th, 2019, 03:34 PM
Powered by LSx tears

Location: Where the rays of light shine through my Shiner Bock bottle

Exactly....if it lies, and makes unsubstantiated claims.......

So when you’re called out on making false claims and you can’t back it up, you literally have nothing to say. Got it. At least everyone can see who you really are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brtnstrns View Post
I'll toss that dude's salad

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 142 Old February 8th, 2019, 02:22 AM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

Send a message via Yahoo to T-Lee. 30
Quite a few people have the standby and watch or flee type personalities when shit hits the fan not all have the nerve to step towards danger or intervene when any type of crazy or weird situation is going down. For various reasons like some have stated in here as being seen as a threat just because some will have a natural pause even when wanting to get involved bc it’s like what will other say do or how will some react even if you are trying to do the right thing.

Anyway it seems as if in this situation this guy this “good guy with a gun” took the risk or reacted with himself natural instincts and tried to intervene and instead of that playing out like some would think when it comes to that narrative and agenda of everyone being armed in a given situation and “the good guy with the gun” should step in it seems as if this natural action cost him his life. As far as the officer being justified in the shooting all things considered when these stories or situations come up no one should really be surprised by that. It may not for all but for some it makes one think very hard on the good guy with a gun situation.

https://abc3340.com/news/local/ag-ru...-mall-shooting

-03 GT V1S trim 5psi, 3xxhp/3xxtq
-06 TBSS LS3H,cam,f.exhaust 4xxrwhp/4xxrwtq
-03 Dakota SLT Quad cab 2wd stock

Iraq and Afghanistan War Vet . Convoys and convoy security. My Wife is also a Army and Afghanistan war vet.
post #83 of 142 Old February 10th, 2019, 05:34 PM

According to '69 since it's a cop nothing should be assumed. Of course if your black and unarmed...…

John

SOLD - '03 GT, Max Moto Max Grip Box, Wilwood SL 6 front/DL4 rear Big Brake Kit, Corbeau Seats, MGW Short Shifter, MAC Long Tube Headers/Prochamber mid/ Flowmaster 40, FRPP 4.10, TrickFlow Diff Cover/75mm TB/Plenum, Eaton Posi, Moser 31 spl Axles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #84 of 142 Old February 10th, 2019, 08:37 PM
Powered by LSx tears

According to nutnob, all cops are racist killers.

And who was unarmed? More fabrications.....it just doesn't end. You simply can not make a single point or statement, without fabricating something. It has really just become entertaining to me, and quite revealing of you.

Quote:

Last edited by 69fastback; February 11th, 2019 at 10:22 AM.
post #85 of 142 Old February 11th, 2019, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69fastback View Post
According to nutnob, all cops are racist killers.

And who was unarmed? More fabrications.....it just doesn't end. You simply can not make a single point or statement, without fabricating something. It has really just become entertaining to me, and quite revealing of you.
I'm talking in generalities in regards to what has occurred nationwide.

John

SOLD - '03 GT, Max Moto Max Grip Box, Wilwood SL 6 front/DL4 rear Big Brake Kit, Corbeau Seats, MGW Short Shifter, MAC Long Tube Headers/Prochamber mid/ Flowmaster 40, FRPP 4.10, TrickFlow Diff Cover/75mm TB/Plenum, Eaton Posi, Moser 31 spl Axles
post #86 of 142 Old February 11th, 2019, 05:42 PM
Powered by LSx tears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novanutcase View Post
I'm talking in generalities in regards to what has occurred nationwide.

John
Oh well then......just go ahead and quote me on where Iíve said anything about an unarmed black man being shot anywhere. Surly you wouldnít be fabricating me supporting a LEO in such situation, right??

Ahhhhh who am I kidding. Everyone reading this knows the answer to that.

Quote:

post #87 of 142 Old February 11th, 2019, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69fastback View Post
Oh well then......just go ahead and quote me on where Iíve said anything about an unarmed black man being shot anywhere. Surly you wouldnít be fabricating me supporting a LEO in such situation, right??

Ahhhhh who am I kidding. Everyone reading this knows the answer to that.
Yes they do.....

John

post #88 of 142 Old February 11th, 2019, 10:33 PM
MM Fanatic

This is a heated debate. Theres always some talk around here in the funky racially mixed bunch of a household in which I live. I used to try to think about rationally it but I learned in doesnt work for me. All I have to do is ask one extremely simple question and this question is what I base 100% of my opinion on. "If my wife was a police officer, what would I hope she would do"? No matter what the question, if I ask myself that and answer....I have to remember that every law enforcement officer has someone that loves them the way I do my wife. So how could you ask them to do anything different? That specific situation was bad man and there are no winners which is the honest case in alot of these situations. But in the end, I would tell my wife to pull the trigger and figure the rest out later if someone has a gun. Would I ask someone elses wife to not do the same thing? Its the very definition of hypocrite. Having said that this is the reason why I could not have people I love in law enforcement or any other job with super high risk. Its better she stay home and use all her talents and skills to fend of my well laid out plans for surprise butt sex. Then nobody get hurt!

Hey... knock a self a pro, Slick! That gray matter backlot perform us DOWN, I take TCB-in', man! Hey, you know what they say: See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em... leg 'er down a smack 'em yak 'em! COL' got to be! Y'know? Sheeeet.
post #89 of 142 Old February 13th, 2019, 09:38 AM
Regular

That is why I carry everywhere I go! I refuse to be a victim! If someone comes at me I'm going to go down fighting!!!!!
post #90 of 142 Old February 13th, 2019, 01:26 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to T-Lee. 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEN357 View Post
That is why I carry everywhere I go! I refuse to be a victim! If someone comes at me I'm going to go down fighting!!!!!
On that same point when you look at how some situations play out, how some are automatically seen as a threat for letís say social reasons, how some are on edge around others for something that one canít even control like their appearance etc..

Thatís why some people are hesitant to daily carry or try to step in in a given situation because they could possibly become a victim for simply doing what someone else would do but difference is they were born a certain way and are viewed a bit differently in society some have even made that clear throughout the thread.

Iíve personally been taught to handle weapons since I was in around the 3rd grade. All of my experiences after High School dealt with weapons, gun trucks etc.. hell I was even an unit Armorer for 3 years at Ft Bragg so my knowledge on dealing with weapons and even exchanging gunfire (which some have limited to no experience on)is clearly not lacking the issue is how would society react if Iím carrying a weapon, If I decided to react in a shooting situation like I partially did in a complex years ago and the wife got mad at me about it...no further details on that, how would various officers bc they are not all bad apples and edgy respond to me simply having a weapon on or around me?!

You see way too many weird situations play out when some are legally carrying, simply going for an Iíd, letting an officer know they are armed etc... so it is easy to say yeah I daily carry my weapon or weapons no matter what. On the flip side ALL things considered everyone canít say yeah man I daily carry my weapon bc simply having that on you when you are already somewhat deemed a societal threat can possibly get you killed!

-03 GT V1S trim 5psi, 3xxhp/3xxtq
-06 TBSS LS3H,cam,f.exhaust 4xxrwhp/4xxrwtq
-03 Dakota SLT Quad cab 2wd stock

Iraq and Afghanistan War Vet . Convoys and convoy security. My Wife is also a Army and Afghanistan war vet.
post #91 of 142 Old February 13th, 2019, 09:09 PM
PSN alphadong11

I could carry everywhere, but I really only go to the store so I haven't carried in a long time. If a dude decides to tear that up fuck I don't know. Throw shit off the shelf and get in? Ask him to find a worthy advisory? Tell 'em make it fast? This 80 year old guy in here still has to work for medicine. Still trailing. Thriving or just alive?

Quote:
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
post #92 of 142 Old February 13th, 2019, 09:11 PM
US Air Force (retired)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Lee. 30 View Post
I’ve personally been taught to handle weapons since I was in around the 3rd grade. All of my experiences after High School dealt with weapons, gun trucks etc.. hell I was even an unit Armorer for 3 years at Ft Bragg so my knowledge on dealing with weapons and even exchanging gunfire (which some have limited to no experience on)is clearly not lacking the issue is how would society react if I’m carrying a weapon, If I decided to react in a shooting situation like I partially did in a complex years ago and the wife got mad at me about it...no further details on that, how would various officers bc they are not all bad apples and edgy respond to me simply having a weapon on or around me?!
My parents didn't have any weapons but when I got old enough I had a single shot .22 for small game hunting and plinking. In the military I had a pistol at home. Never carried it. Then one of my assignments required me to carry a duty sidearm. That was when I started competing in USPSA. I was a middle of the pack competitor shooting a mostly stock .45 cal Combat Commander. While they won matches I never thought race guns were practical. After I retired from the military I started shooting SASS. It was a lot of fun competing with the old single action revolvers, lever action rifles and double barrel shotguns.

I have had a CCW a very long time. I live in the country. In a county where 90% of the homes have guns. DNR estimates the county next to us has 95% of the homes with guns. I rarely carry. I have never felt the need to. If I do carry it will be concealed. I don't intend to scare little old ladies. A lot of my friends carry. Maybe that is why I don't think I need to. There are usually plenty of guns around me.

I have a couple of friends who have gotten into open carry. They open carry everywhere. It doesn't bother me but they have been asked to leave a couple of stores. They think they are making a statement. I think I don't need that type of trouble. Conceal carry is better.

I taught my wife to shoot when we were first married. She also competed in SASS. She prefers a .45 Government model but has to settle for a 9 mm because of arthritis. If someone were to break into our house the invader should be far more scared of her than of me.
T-Lee. 30 likes this.

ProCharger P-1SC, 9 psi, STD 396/383; Uncorrected 388/375; SAE 383/370.
Ret. USAF 1969-1973,1980-1996: Vietnam veteran. Aircraft maintenance. R & D, ICBM Operations.
Also own: 1997 Harley FXDWG, 1998 F-150, and 2002 Corvette LS1
post #93 of 142 Old February 13th, 2019, 10:29 PM
MM Fanatic

I carry all day, every day except where I am prohibited by law to do so.
I carry a full sized 1911, .45ACP or 10mm, loaded with 7+1 (or 8+1 in the 10), and two additional 8 or 9 round magazines depending on caliber.

Now that it's "normal" I don't find it a pain, troublesome, or anything. The hardest part was finding a good holster that keeps it close to my body, and the one I use someone from this site pointed out to me, a good belly band holster.

Gun doesn't print, doesn't show, isn't uncomfortable, and is always there.
I don't carry it hoping to use it, I carry it so that it's there for the last resort.

Just two weeks ago I had someone road rage at me who followed me (and my wife) to a parking lot and approached my car on foot. Never reached for my gun, just made sure the door was locked and drove away from him, then waited to see if he was going to escalate it further or not. He gave up (while we were on the phone with police) and my gun stayed in my holster as I was not in immediate danger or fear for my life. Had he opened my door, situations would have been potentially different, but I keep my wits about me, and it didn't go that far.

I feel a lot of otherwise "good" law abiding citizens think the permit is "permission" to shoot first, think never. I disagree with that. You have to think about every action, how it may be seen in a court of law, how it would be used against you, etc. I don't modify my guns except for functional things (grippier grips for example). Trigger is stock, no punisher/personalized grips, nothing to make the gun look like a toy, or make me look like I'm planning on shooting someone. I keep my eyes open, and am prepared to walk away should something happen. I have nothing to prove to anyone, and shooting someone is a last resort, period.

I feel anyone who carries expecting to use it or hoping to use it has the wrong idea. I feel someone should do everything they can to de-escalate things before guns are drawn. That said, point a gun at me and my life IS in immediate danger, and thus the rules change. But, up to that point, de-escalation is key.

I was raised around guns, never saw them as a "toy". Never, ever pointed one at anyone, would never do so unless things were VERY bad. People need to keep their wits about them and realize they don't have to escalate things. The guy who was road raging at me, no idea what was going through his head, and I don't really care. At that point, he's beyond discussion, so I left the immediate area, but kept him within eyesight so I could figure out what to do next. That apparently was enough for him to cool down enough to know that this wouldn't end well, so he left.

I may not always be that lucky, but I can do my best to not be there for any upcoming gun fights. If not, I've failed at something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAL View Post
woodman: achieving the impossible since 1967. 1973? 1980? 1985? 1976? whatever, you get my point
Quote:
ford's advertising slogan was literally "you can pay for all of it today or you can go fuck yourself"
post #94 of 142 Old February 14th, 2019, 09:22 AM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Lee. 30 View Post
On that same point when you look at how some situations play out, how some are automatically seen as a threat for letís say social reasons, how some are on edge around others for something that one canít even control like their appearance etc..

Thatís why some people are hesitant to daily carry or try to step in in a given situation because they could possibly become a victim for simply doing what someone else would do but difference is they were born a certain way and are viewed a bit differently in society some have even made that clear throughout the thread.

Iíve personally been taught to handle weapons since I was in around the 3rd grade. All of my experiences after High School dealt with weapons, gun trucks etc.. hell I was even an unit Armorer for 3 years at Ft Bragg so my knowledge on dealing with weapons and even exchanging gunfire (which some have limited to no experience on)is clearly not lacking the issue is how would society react if Iím carrying a weapon, If I decided to react in a shooting situation like I partially did in a complex years ago and the wife got mad at me about it...no further details on that, how would various officers bc they are not all bad apples and edgy respond to me simply having a weapon on or around me?!

You see way too many weird situations play out when some are legally carrying, simply going for an Iíd, letting an officer know they are armed etc... so it is easy to say yeah I daily carry my weapon or weapons no matter what. On the flip side ALL things considered everyone canít say yeah man I daily carry my weapon bc simply having that on you when you are already somewhat deemed a societal threat can possibly get you killed!
Ive been shooting firearms since I was 8 years old. I have carried legally since I was 21. I am now 46. Every Sunday for my wife and I is what we call "Church" day. Some people go to a building and pray, we go to the range and shoot and practice. I have taken several tactical classes by the head of our local SWAT team. Like I said, I refuse to be victim. If I can walk away, run away or drive away from a situation I am going to do that before pulling my weapon. Believe me the last thing I want is to be in a firefight and take some else's life, but on the flip side, I am not going to let someone else kill me.

Attached a picture of my daily carry weapon.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SW1911-E-Series.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	203473  
T-Lee. 30 and Woodman like this.
post #95 of 142 Old February 15th, 2019, 02:46 AM
US Air Force (retired)

Garage
In the 1980s I read an article by an expert witness (a firearms trainer who is often called to testify for the defense) who said that if you get involved in a shooting you might as well just sit down and write a check for $25,000. That's what it took to defend yourself. Because of inflation, that would easily be $50,000 or more today.

Of course since then several states have passed right to carry laws so it might not be as difficult today to defend yourself in court.

Ret. USAF 1969-1973,1980-1996: Vietnam veteran. Aircraft maintenance. R & D, ICBM Operations.
post #96 of 142 Old February 15th, 2019, 01:57 PM
MM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle2000GT View Post
In the 1980s I read an article by an expert witness (a firearms trainer who is often called to testify for the defense) who said that if you get involved in a shooting you might as well just sit down and write a check for $25,000. That's what it took to defend yourself. Because of inflation, that would easily be $50,000 or more today.

Of course since then several states have passed right to carry laws so it might not be as difficult today to defend yourself in court.
I wouldn't count on that. I'm willing to bet it's even more expensive now. You'll have the initial criminal trial. Then the civil trial brought by the family of the poor kid who was only trying to steal to fund his family, and they'll drag it out to drive the costs up.

I'm seriously considering getting a membership to a defensive fund in case I ever use my gun.

Quote:
woodman: achieving the impossible since 1967. 1973? 1980? 1985? 1976? whatever, you get my point
Quote:
ford's advertising slogan was literally "you can pay for all of it today or you can go fuck yourself"
post #97 of 142 Old February 15th, 2019, 02:08 PM Thread Starter
missippi roolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
I don't modify my guns except for functional things (grippier grips for example). Trigger is stock, no punisher/personalized grips, nothing to make the gun look like a toy, or make me look like I'm planning on shooting someone. I keep my eyes open, and am prepared to walk away should something happen. I have nothing to prove to anyone, and shooting someone is a last resort, period.
Bro, you're not a real 2A supporter unless you have a Punisher logo engraved on your grip and "You're Fucked" written on the barrel
post #98 of 142 Old February 16th, 2019, 06:05 PM
US Air Force (retired)

Garage
Quote:
I don't modify my guns except for functional things (grippier grips for example). Trigger is stock, no punisher/personalized grips, nothing to make the gun look like a toy, or make me look like I'm planning on shooting someone. I keep my eyes open, and am prepared to walk away should something happen. I have nothing to prove to anyone, and shooting someone is a last resort, period.
I have several modified guns but they are all replicas from the 1800s that I used to compete in SASS. I put lighter springs in my single action revolvers and double barreled coach gun. In SASS you need to be able to operate the hammer of the revolvers with a single thumb and without lighter springs the coach gun would close back up. That resulted in a lot of fumbling around when reloading. I also modified my 1866 level action rifle so that working the lever was a shorter throw. The stock throw is so long it pulls your sights off the target.

Below is a link to a world class shooter. I've shot with him at local shoots. I would have said against him but I'm hardly in his class. He shoot an 1897 pump shotgun instead of a double barrel. Try to remember he is shooting at multiple targets downrange. He didn't miss a single one.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...mCvP4s-5GXGyGT

I think it would be a mistake to carry a modified gun for protection. That could be taken very wrongly.

post #99 of 142 Old February 16th, 2019, 09:35 PM
MM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle2000GT View Post
I have several modified guns but they are all replicas from the 1800s that I used to compete in SASS. I put lighter springs in my single action revolvers and double barreled coach gun. In SASS you need to be able to operate the hammer of the revolvers with a single thumb and without lighter springs the coach gun would close back up. That resulted in a lot of fumbling around when reloading. I also modified my 1866 level action rifle so that working the lever was a shorter throw. The stock throw is so long it pulls your sights off the target.

Below is a link to a world class shooter. I've shot with him at local shoots. I would have said against him but I'm hardly in his class. He shoot an 1897 pump shotgun instead of a double barrel. Try to remember he is shooting at multiple targets downrange. He didn't miss a single one.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...mCvP4s-5GXGyGT

I think it would be a mistake to carry a modified gun for protection. That could be taken very wrongly.
Those aren't "carry" guns though. My handguns are both "carry" guns, so I don't modify them. If I had competition guns, I can totally understand modifications and would do so as well.

Quote:
Quote:
post #100 of 142 Old February 17th, 2019, 12:45 PM
US Air Force (retired)

Garage
Quote:
Those aren't "carry" guns though. My handguns are both "carry" guns, so I don't modify them. If I had competition guns, I can totally understand modifications and would do so as well.
No. They are not carry guns. There has been almost 150 years of development since those guns were new (Colt single action army 1873). There are a lot better gun on the market nowadays.
Woodman likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page