Modded Mustang Forums banner

Frazier's Transmission Service Diberville, MS Allen Michael Frazier DroppedBass87

7K views 26 replies 13 participants last post by  SWEET2KSTANG 
#1 ·
OK, I have waited for quite a while to get this off of my chest. I would have posted sooner, but I have been trying to gather information in a discrete manner due to the fact that I believed I was going to have to drive to MS from Tampa to settle up with Frazier's Transmission service. Where to begin?

Well, let me just start by saying that ChrisJ and other members on MM attempted to warn me about dealing with Michael Frazier (AKA DroppedBass87), but I wrote off teh warnings as something that had happened by chance and would not happen to me. WRONG. In October, I sent a disassembled C4 transmission to Michael Frazier in order for him and his father, Allen Frazier (owner of Frazier's Transmission), to buid up my parts I had already bought. I told Michael at the time that there was no rush, so they could take their time and assess any needs the tranny might have. November came and went without a word from Michael or his father. At the time, I was working 84+ hours a week, so I was not overly concerned with getting the transmission. This is what I recieve from Michael on January 27th:

"hey adam this is michael.just wanted to let you know the total cost of transmission and shipping is 936.28.you can send a money order from wal mart or post office in the name of

Michael a frazier
5057 w gay rd
diberville,ms 39540....

You can call me or my dad at 228-365-7890 if needed..or email at trany4u@aol.com...
And i need your shipping address and name of where you want the trans to go to..

thanks
michael"

This is from 1/28

"Hey man‏
Sent: Wed 1/28/09 10:07 AM
To: acmiller233@hotmail.com (acmiller233@hotmail.com)

Just wondering when will you be sending off the payment so we can finish this thing and get it to you?"

He almost seemed like he was wanting me to send payment. LOL

I get this on 2/04:

"Hey man‏
Sent: Wed 2/04/09 12:58 PM
To: acmiller233@hotmail.com (acmiller233@hotmail.com)

Yeah I got the money order..were getting on the trans fast as we can to get it done and to you..just trying to take a lil time to make it right.."

From that email on, I did not hear anything from Michael. I attempted to contact Allen several times and he finally picked up around Feb. 16ish and assured me that everything was going smoothly. He said he only liked a few more parts and he would get the tranny shipped out. Past that, I have been unable to reach Allen or Michael at all until two weeks ago when Allen told me that he was shipping the tranny out on that Friday. He said he would call with details and a tracking number. I never heard anything back until last week on Thursday when he left a message saying that the tranny would ship out on Friday (again). Finally, he shipped the tranny to me on Wed. and it got here today. The packaging looked like complete ****, one of my AN fittings to my cooler looks like someone smashed it with vise grips, the exterior paint on the tranny looks like a child painted it, and my bellhousing was shiped loose. I specifically mailed the bellhousing to MS to be installed on the tranny and it was shipped to Tampa in another container for me to deal with. I can't imagine what the inside of this tranny looks like. I guess I will just have to hope for the best at this point.

See less See more
#3 ·
Sorry to hear this **** homie...

#8 ·
I would take a look at it before you bolt it up. No sense wasting good parts, and I'm sorry man. I hate hearing about these things. If that doesn't work out, my buddy works for D&D Performance, and since I have dropped down over $15k this past year, I think that they'll give you one hell of a deal as a favor to me.

#9 ·
ok let me clear a couple things up..I got your trans and didnt hear from you for 2 to 3 months..then you emailed me and said ur ready to do it which is fine but I told u were very busy and it may take a lil while to get to..you said ok that's fine..next there were things in that trans that weren't right and burnt up and the valve body needed to be looked through..my dad knows you were putting alotta power to it and he wanted it to be perfect so it didnt blow up as soon as you put it in, considering he's done these for 30 years now I would agree with him..another thing we kept looking at the bell housing and found out the spacer can go to ways and we didnt want to bolt it up cuz u had to measure it on your car..we figured you could handle that..another thing my dad accidentaly got the colors mixed up on a 350 trans and yours..the paints fine and its cleared sealed..the fitting that you sent us was smashed when I opened that box..I think ups did it but hey you never know..they were cheap fittings at that..and as for the packaging..that was very sealed it may looked liked crap but very durable and made so ups couldnt Eff it up..I guarantee as soon as you install that c-4 and test drive it..you won't be dissapointed Adam..only thing I will say sorry for is that the color of the paint wasn't the right color..oh and the pan was crap that came with it so I also ordered you a chrome tci pan..

#11 ·
That's all fine and good, but I hope you aren't going to deny the fact that you and your father dodged my calls for almost a month after I made payment. This has been a nightmare for me and I can't believe that you would actually try to defend any of the **** that has went on with this whole transaction.

#12 ·
I think my dad did a couple times but I swear I never saw you call me..look you got the trans..we didnt screw you over or anything..plus I have been in the worst divorce ever with my ex..haven't seen my son in 4 months and full time college and 2 jobs are killing me..

#14 · (Edited)
Not worth arguing about. I think everyone knows what type of business I do and a little about my character. I have warned others, and they will choose to listen to me or dicount what I have said- Very simple. I am very disappointed about the way the whle deal went down (as I have said before). We ill see how the work holds up- if it's great, I will post back and say so- If it's shity, I will also post back.

Also, it's amazing to me that after months of dodging my ass, you suddenly have time to talk....

#18 ·
Just for an update, this transmission is being installed right now. I didn't install the tranny after I got it due to the fact that I had already secured a complete T56 and I didn't have the money for a converter at the time. Since then, I have secured a Dirty Dog TC and the transmission should be operating next Wednesday. I will report back on exactly how this transmission performs. I hope I have nothing but praise for Allen and Michael on the actual build quality.

#19 ·
Well, as far as initial testing goes, I am pretty much frustrated right now. Transmission does well cold-1-2 shift is hard. However, after the car warms up, the 2-3 shift flares so bad that the motor actually free spins to the limiter under light throttle pressure. I am going to try to contact Allen about this......

#20 ·
Wow, so not only did they have horrible customer service for someone who went well out of state for this kind of work, they also placed blame on everyone but themselves for the poor work they did. I feel that no matter how small ****ing up paint is on a trans, it's still considered part of the product you paid for, and if they screwed up in any way you should not be the one taking the hit, they should be compensating you, since they are the ones who **** up. The fact that there were any imperfections at all is unacceptable and then they pass them off saying that it isn't the important part. Then claim that the trans will be perfect once you put it in, yet it still isn't? First of all it should've been perfect inside and out when you got it back.

Hm.... from what I've read so far, I bet it won't be there fault. Actually I'm sure it won't be, it's probably those damn UPS workers opening up everyone's packages and breaking there ****, then delivering it after taking the package back up, only to do that half assed.
Who wants to make bets these asshats don't take the blame for their work?

#21 ·
Well, I never could get Allen on the phone and Michael answered me back once but never got back to me on a possible fix. So, I did some research and ended up finding that the intermediate band adjustment was way off. After getting that dialed in right, this tranny seems to beput together right. It shifts HARD (exactly what I asked for). Time will tell if it holds up or not, but I am going to say that I love it right now.

#24 ·
OK, so I've put a few miles on the tranny and it's all I could have hoped for. The work these guys did is great. I just wish the deal could have went down better for all parties, but I am VERY pleased with theactual performance of the tranny.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.