Modded Mustang Forums banner

Superchargerrebuilds.com review

22K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  BLOWTHRU 
#1 ·
Todd Manness at superchargerrebuilds.com is a goodguy in the S/C world. He has the info, parts, and time to talk to you. I recently finished used Vortech project, and without Todd I don't know what would have gone down. Vortech has no customer service and could care less about customers with rebuilt and used stuff.

Need a new oil seal? Have a question about an impeller? Need some advice on how to go about installing a used kit? Good luck trying to get ANY info from these S/C companies. All they care about is warranty and brand NEW kits.

Never underestimate the value of having an honest dude with honest prices. amazing knowledge and tons of parts, zero BS at Superchargerrebuilds.com. The next time you need a rebuild or just bearings, seals, etc, I recommend these guys for any S/C brand/ Vortech, Powerdyne, Paxton, Procharger, etc.

#2 ·
good to hear... i have talked to them a couple times and they were very helpful. I talked to him about him going to be able to make a p1sc a d1sc here pretty soon. He said it wont be long and he will have the d1sc impeller. And it is going to be way cheaper than procharger charges for the swap. Good to hear some feedback on these guys.

#3 ·
Beware!

Let me just give you guys a little run down of my experience with Todd.

I sent my blower for seals, replaced them, get it back, not too long after the bearings fail, I say w/e maybe it wasnt his fault.

I sent it to him to get bearings and impellar done, the 1st time I got into it hard the bearings immediately fail and destroy the impellar yet again.

So Im just saying be careful.

this is my procharger p600b and according to his website he refuses to do refunds, etc.

Maybe he is better with vortechs, I dont know.

Im talking to him now and ill let you guys know what he says but I really dont want to send it back to him after the bearings failed for the second time after he has touched it.

#4 ·
That sounds expensive. I know next to nothing about prochargers but isn't the 600 a self-lubricating model? I can tell you from experience there are only a few things that can cause bearings to fail that hard that fast:

1) Lubrication is not there (blocked passages, block in the filler tank, etc.)
2) Eccentric shaft (either input or output shaft is bent)
3) Impeller / bearings running way too high RPM's (actually easy to do if your running a very small pulley)
4) Possibility that the housing of the S/C around the gears has gone out of true (this is extremely hard to do, these are usually over an inch thick aluminum)

It helps immensely to have good assembly lube on all the bearings before startup.

#5 ·
STAY AWAY!
I have probably had the worst experience of my life with this "company" or should I just one guy. Sent my p1sc in first week of may and found out that I will be needing a complete rebuilt bearings, impeller, seals and what not so I tell him to go ahead and do the work. He finished the work and sent it back to me last week of may. So I thought since EVERYTHING was new I shouldn't have any problem. I got caught up in work so I had to wait another 2 months to put the supercharger and when I did install it back in instantly i knew something was wrong. It was really really loud and sounded like metal on metal grinding. So I checked and there was metal shavings going to the IC pipe and it was also leaking oil. So i contacted him about it and he started asking me questions that has nothing to do with it like what will you be using the car for? dd or track? also he said they ALL seep oil (I contacted procharger and they said it shouldn't leak any oil whatsoever) so anyways I send it back to him costing me $70 to ship. He looks at it and tells me everything looks fine except for the oil slinger teeth are little worn which MIGHT be causing the noise but seems ok which is why he didn't replace it orignally and can change it for another 150. I said no thanks If all its going to do is make it quiet for 150 then I won't bother. I told him to fix the leak and check on metal shavings issue and send it back to me. He tells me he'll be ready to send it back. Next day he tells seals are ok but my case has DEVELOPED a hairline crack. I wonder how. It wasn't there before and It would be really really hard to miss that when doing a complete rebuild. At this point I don't trust a word he says and really pissed off. After spending almost 2grand I have a crack in my supercharger.. great. I ask him to send it back to me because at this point I am sick and tired of dealing with him. Also paid for the shipping back thinking if I argue with him about the cost he might do more damage to it or who knows what.. might not even send it back. He sent it and I got it in pieces. Emailed him back why it wasnt completly put together he said he thought so i could see the crack and get it fixed. I understood that part but i had no idea which bolt went where. He said he'll help me out. When I did fix the crack and tried to put everything back together pulley and impeller would take excessive force to go in the shafts even then i could barely slide them in. I didn't know that it was suppose to be like that. I emailed him back asking about it and no reply been a week. Doubt he'll ever reply to me. Anyways long story short just letting you all know about my experience with this one guy and I absolutly regret doing business with him. It costs me almost as much it would with procharger buying a brand new unit which i should have done. So my advice to anyone out there needing any repair with the supercharger is do it yourself, send it back to procharger, or any reputable company and Stay Away from this person.

#7 ·
I have a p1sc Procharger on my v6 mustang and it recently went bad, makes this super loud grinding/screeching noise. Do you think it could be the bearings? Procharger charges too much, so would I be able to do it myself. Any help would be appreciated. Ive bypassed the procharger but need it running again. Thx

#9 ·
IMO, these are obviously just some isolated incidents with more details that they didn't post... They have always done great work for me and my buddies and never seen anything bad. Superchargers are not indestructible, or we wouldn't need to rebuild them. Also, there are ALWAYS 2 sides to every story and that's why forum posts can be misleading, b/c it's mostly one sided and no way to prove what really happened sometimes (and many time people don't want to admit what they might have done to cause the failure, they just want someone to blame). He has 100% positive feedback, that's not an accident. In fact they were the first and only ones to offer the proper original style seals for several different units and have saved us a lot of money... just sayin'

#10 ·
I've never been much of a forum guy, so I don't check them very often, but a good customer (thanks for all the positive comments from others too) let me know of some unhappy people out there, so I though it necessary to go around to all the forums and hopefully get some of this negative energy going around rectified! First of all, we are not out to scam, cheat, or defraud anyone in any way (as you can find many positive posts as well), but it seems like that's the automatic assumption for some reason? The disclaimer is only because SO many people try to cheat us - and you have to understand, these are performance products that many inexperienced people regularly overspin, thrash, and push to the point of failure, and then try to blame anyone BUT themselves! We are here to help, not hurt! All parts installed carry the proper ratings and we are constantly looking for better parts. Any post that you may have seen in the past, or may see in the future, about us intentionally doing bad work and leaving a customer out to dry is either 1) missing our side of the story or 2) completely false. (Of course a major difficulty in resolving complaints comes when what the customer says happened, and what the parts show, don't match - that's usually when you see the posts, b/c a lot of times people don't want to own up to the fact that their overspinning it, or abusing it in some way, caused the problem - so they want to take it out on us, when we won't fix it for free, when the failure was not our fault.) But, if you ever have a problem with something PLEASE EMAIL US directly (Sales@SuperchargerRebuids.com), so we can try to come to a resolution and make everybody happy - don't have the manpower to monitor 100's of forums, so we're not going to be constantly checking back here. Bashing us on the forums doesn't help you get resolution either, b/c we don't know you're upset unless we stumble upon it! We try very hard to keep 100% Positive feedback on eBay and the fact that we have 980+ Positive feedback, and counting, should count for something, and show that we care about trying to find resolution, doing things right, and keeping customers happy!

#11 ·
^^^^ this guy is a clown.. bought a novi 2000..tried getting a local shop to replace my impeller seal..they told me this guy jerked them off for weeks. kept sending the wrong seal. 3 times. so I tried getting the person I bought the blower off of to get me the right seal since they said they already spoke to this Todd guy in the past about a seal....so he tried...guess what.. SENT THE WRONG SEAL AGAIN!!.. that 4 times this clown gets it WRONG...how hard is it to send the right seal? 35mm OUTSIDE DIAMETER for a PAXTON NOVI 2000!!!???? how phucking hard is that? so i tried contacting this guy myself.. he wont give out his shop/business phone number for whatever reason...who the phuck does that? maybe he got something to hide? so yea... from what i've experienced with this dude...he's a clown in my book. jussayn'

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.