Steeda Strut Tower Brace - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old January 16th, 2014, 01:35 AM Thread Starter
"Junior, hold my hat!"

Steeda Strut Tower Brace

I bought this Steeda Strut Tower Brace from American Muscle for my 2006 Mustang GT convertible. Steeda Strut Tower Brace 555-5718 (05-10 V6) - Free Shipping.

Very happy with the build quality, fit and finish. Seems to be a quality made part for the money. I looked at ten or twelve different strut tower braces and this was the one that was most appealing to me. Took about five minutes to install and I love the way it looks. The car is garaged for the winter so I can't comment yet on how it affects the ride. I'll post some pics another day and check back and report on the handling after I've driven it around a bit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old January 16th, 2014, 10:51 AM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by RideSallyRide View Post
I bought this Steeda Strut Tower Brace from American Muscle for my 2006 Mustang GT convertible. Steeda Strut Tower Brace 555-5718 (05-10 V6) - Free Shipping.

Very happy with the build quality, fit and finish. Seems to be a quality made part for the money. I looked at ten or twelve different strut tower braces and this was the one that was most appealing to me. Took about five minutes to install and I love the way it looks. The car is garaged for the winter so I can't comment yet on how it affects the ride. I'll post some pics another day and check back and report on the handling after I've driven it around a bit.
I'm glad to hear you're really enjoying your strut bar. Our friends over at Steeda definitely make a good quality part. I look forward to checking out the pictures and hearing your feedback on the ride quality!

-Dan

Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST | Sat 10AM-4PM EST
GET UP TO $200 TOWARDS YOUR NEXT PURCHASE FROM AM!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
post #3 of 5 Old January 16th, 2014, 07:48 PM Thread Starter
"Junior, hold my hat!"

Two pics of the Steeda Strut Tower after Install

Here are two pics of the Steeda strut tower brace after the five minute install. The first pic shows the brace from the top view and the second pic shows you the amount of clearance you have over the engine plenum. Not a lot of extra room but enough so I didn't need any extra spacers or hardware. I closed the hood gently the first time since I wasn't sure about overhead clearance but as expected it fits under the hood just fine.

My ride is a convertible and they have more chassis flex than coupes so it will be interesting to see if I notice an improvement in handling.

So far so good. Lots of nice looking strut tower braces out there for $300 or less. This Steeda was $189 and it so happens I like the design and look of this one more than some of the more expensive ones I considered. Time will tell on the performance end of things.

Anybody else install one of these in a coupe or convertible and did you notice a big difference?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Steeda Strut Tower Brace.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	74361   Click image for larger version

Name:	Steeda Clearance.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	74369  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old February 1st, 2014, 05:45 PM Thread Starter
"Junior, hold my hat!"

So we had a winter thaw today with much needed sunshine and I was able to take the GT out of the garage and go for a drive! I was so pumped to be cruising around I completely forgot I had installed the strut tower brace! Then I hit a section of twisties and dips and banked curves on a back road where I was mashing the pedal a bit and having some fun and I noticed the car was really handling well. Different. Much tighter and more connected to the road absent chasis flex up front! Then it hit me......Duh! You installed a strut tower brace since the last time you drove it you moron!

So I have to agree with the performance reviews I read about the brace before I bought it. Yes, it looks great but it stiffens the front of the chasis and makes a big difference in how a Mustang handles especially through dips and in the twisties. My GT is a vert and they have more chasis flex than the coupe's so the improvement is probably more dramatic in a convertible.

So yeah...go out and get yourself a Steeda strut tower brace. You won't regret it...even if you forget you installed it!

"Next time you pass a cop in an unmarked vehicle you better know the speed limit...especially in this car...it stands out!"
post #5 of 5 Old April 16th, 2014, 12:18 AM
Regular

Good to know that its a quality part looks good underneath the hood.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page