American Muscle caution - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 Old January 22nd, 2014, 07:50 PM Thread Starter
Regular

American Muscle caution

I ordered a core support for a 99 mustang and they have shipped three so far every single one has been damaged. I think the biggest problem is they don't put any foam or packing peanuts in with it. They're customer service has always been very nice but they juSt can't seem to ship out one out that doesn't arrive damaged some how. In their defense they have offered to refund my money more than once. The only down side is it has put my project way behind schedual.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old January 23rd, 2014, 08:25 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

None of the parts places ship it with foam or packing peanuts.
post #3 of 20 Old January 24th, 2014, 12:53 AM
Enthusiast

Same thing happened with my rear decklid and valance vinyl. Guess someone was too rough on it packaging or during the holiday shipping madness. Only reason I didnt make a big deal is because its only noticeable if you're really close or pointed out and since they've always had good cs towards me I just didnt bother since it wasn't too bad. But id give them a call and let them know your problem.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 Old January 24th, 2014, 02:00 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Hold the company to it. Might be a nice place with good people, but still, don't let damage slide just because. They have to own up to that.

98 GT, Off Road H Pipe, 93 tune, Professional Products Tb & Plenum, BBK CAI, 3.55 Gears, Mark VIII Swap, switching H pipe to Off Road X Pipe Soon!
post #5 of 20 Old January 25th, 2014, 10:21 PM
SleeperStang

call them up and explain the situation. I ordered a set of wheels from them, one had a very small blemish. They shipped another out right away and paid for the return shipping of the other. There customer service is top notch.

Laser Red Crew #6
276/296 on a pi swap and OPS1 cams

Mods in Garage
post #6 of 20 Old January 25th, 2014, 10:22 PM
Turbo > blower

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgib4 View Post
call them up and explain the situation. I ordered a set of wheels from them, one had a very small blemish. They shipped another out right away and paid for the return shipping of the other. There customer service is top notch.
He said he's done it 3 times now

Turbo build thread

sig by xocolleenox
Convertible Crew #27
post #7 of 20 Old January 25th, 2014, 11:16 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgib4 View Post
Problem is'nt the customer service it's the way the package is not well packed as to not damage the product during delivery. Have you told them during those three times you contacted them to include some sort of packing material before it ships?
post #8 of 20 Old January 29th, 2014, 11:57 PM
"Junior, hold my hat!"

There are times like this when it pays to buy locally if you can. I'm a big fan of AM and I buy thousands of dollars of stuff from them annually but if they aren't packing a particular part correctly so it gets to you undamaged and you gave them three opportunities....just get a refund and buy locally even if it's a few bucks more.
post #9 of 20 Old February 4th, 2014, 04:44 PM Thread Starter
Regular

I told them on everyone that was a replacment. The last one is the least beat up can't find one local and I'm tired of waiting. Luckly the last one received was the least damaged so ill do a little body work to it and use it. Yeah on the second one they wrapped ten feet of butcher paper around it.
post #10 of 20 Old February 12th, 2014, 01:33 PM
AmericanMuscle.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cracksrubi View Post
I ordered a core support for a 99 mustang and they have shipped three so far every single one has been damaged. I think the biggest problem is they don't put any foam or packing peanuts in with it. They're customer service has always been very nice but they juSt can't seem to ship out one out that doesn't arrive damaged some how. In their defense they have offered to refund my money more than once. The only down side is it has put my project way behind schedual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cracksrubi View Post
I told them on everyone that was a replacment. The last one is the least beat up can't find one local and I'm tired of waiting. Luckly the last one received was the least damaged so ill do a little body work to it and use it. Yeah on the second one they wrapped ten feet of butcher paper around it.
Cracksrubi,

You shouldn't have to settle with a damaged part! I understand the packaging doesn't seem to be doing it's job, but there's ways to fix this for sure. I'd like to have one sent out to you without any defects! Send me a PM with your First/Last name and shipping address. I'll have one of my guys at the Warehouse take care of the package with extra insulation and ship it out to you.

I'm glad you posted up your feedback though. This is the type of feedback I constantly look for to send to the manufacturer. As they package the parts before it arrives to our warehouse and then it's sent from there. If the parts are arriving damaged or there's no enough protection to get through the mail, something needs to be done!

I hope to hear from you soon, so we can take care of this for you. I'd hate to have you compromise!

Shane

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC46 View Post
Same thing happened with my rear decklid and valance vinyl. Guess someone was too rough on it packaging or during the holiday shipping madness. Only reason I didnt make a big deal is because its only noticeable if you're really close or pointed out and since they've always had good cs towards me I just didnt bother since it wasn't too bad. But id give them a call and let them know your problem.
SC46,

Please send me a PM with your info as well. I don't want you to compromise with your parts either. I can absolutely send you out replacements and exchange for the defective items!

Shane

Will Levantovsky | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
post #11 of 20 Old February 12th, 2014, 11:51 PM Thread Starter
Regular

Pm sent
post #12 of 20 Old February 13th, 2014, 12:31 PM
Regular

I've used AM for years - they are great, almost always have the best price, and I have no doubt they'll fix any issues you have.

No, I'm not being paid to say this 8-]
post #13 of 20 Old February 13th, 2014, 10:13 PM Thread Starter
Regular

Well we shall see I will update when the next one is recived with pics to show good or bad
post #14 of 20 Old February 14th, 2014, 01:10 PM
No longer Maching out...

I love AM, they're service has always been perfect. I had to return a wheel once, they paid for the shipping back, and I had my new wheel before they got the other back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
This is the type of feedback I constantly look for to send to the manufacturer. As they package the parts before it arrives to our warehouse and then it's sent from there.
^ I'd say that this has a lot to do with what you have going on.

2003 TR Mach 1 - Sold!

1993 LX Hatch - 331, AFR 195, Comp XE282HR, Holley Systemax, TKO 600, Ridetech Coilovers, Baer brakes, and alot more...budget build
post #15 of 20 Old February 14th, 2014, 05:10 PM
AmericanMuscle.com

c

Free Same-Day Shipping!
post #16 of 20 Old February 14th, 2014, 07:09 PM Thread Starter
Regular

I figure so I think that manufacturers are always trying to save a buck and I imagine as a pallet of core supports they are fine. But when you get a single one shipping company's are so ruff on the boxes. All the stuff I've ordered for my car has damage of some sort except my door clicker remotes. It was all ordered from mutiple vendors. I think shipping company's don't care anymore.
post #17 of 20 Old February 17th, 2014, 04:03 PM
AmericanMuscle.com

Hey guys,

I just got back from the warehouse checking out these radiator supports. Going through the stock, I unwrapped 7 different rad supports and found all of them to be slightly bent. One of them wasn't bad and still usable, but I wasn't on a mission to find an "okay" support, yet instead a perfect one.

Since then, I've notified our purchaser of the issue and he's having the part disabled from our site until the quality control issue is resolved with the manufacturer. We don't want anyone receiving faulty parts!

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Unfortunately, I think it's best that the OP sticks with the refund and purchases the support elsewhere for now. At least until we get this taken care of on our end. I do apologize for the inconvenience this causes you guys!

The next time you see these radiator supports in stock, the issue will be resolved!

Shane

Free Same-Day Shipping!
post #18 of 20 Old February 27th, 2014, 09:41 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

AM has always served me well.

2002 GT - 5 Speed
Novi 1000 @ 9 psi
Mods in My Garage
post #19 of 20 Old March 1st, 2014, 02:13 AM
Banned

Way to go AM! It is good to see a vendor that actually cares about it's customers. I just spent $1500 with them. Parts should be here in a few days. This is my first large order hope everything goes well. The only down side was the day after I completed my order I received an email that you could get a free t-shirt with any order over $150 and supplied a code to use. Oh well maybe next time. Guess I need to order some suspension parts to go with my new wheels.
post #20 of 20 Old March 3rd, 2014, 12:31 PM

I have always had good luck with them
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page