Eleanor Grille, OEM Headlights & Tinted Fogs - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old January 29th, 2014, 10:26 PM Thread Starter
"Junior, hold my hat!"

Eleanor Grille, OEM Headlights & Tinted Fogs

Needed new headlights since mine were cracked and dingy so I decided to give the front end of a new look while I had the car apart and the bumper cover off. Bought the Eleanor grille and SHR honey comb lower grille inserts, yellow fog light tint and OEM style headlights from AM.

The quality of all the parts seems to be very good. OEM headlights fit perfectly where the stockers had been. All the holes lined up and install was easy.

SHR lower grille inserts snapped in place in five minutes. Don't notice much of a difference because the license plate holder blocks some of the grille area but still a nice touch for the car shows.

The stock grille was a bit loose and came right out of it's housing with no issues. I removed the stock fog lights and cleaned up the lenses with some lens cleaner then installed them in the new Eleanor style grille. The stock fogs fit the Eleanor grille perfectly and were bolted back in place in ten minutes.

Used a soapy solution of water and a heat gun to apply the yellow film to my fog light lenses. Love the way the yellow tint makes the fogs stand out against the black grille. This was my first time applying tint film. A little tricky at first but the soapy water and heat gun and plastic applicator took out the bubbles and I was pleasantly surprised by the finished product. I think new yellow fog lights were around $150 and the tint was $30 for the pair.

The Eleanor grille snapped into place with a bit of elbow grease and as expected was a much snugger fit than the stock grille which had loosened up a bit over time. I've always been partial to the Eleanor grille on Mustangs with LeMans stripes. The fogs fall right in the center of the stripes so it just looks right.

Once again very pleased with American Muscle and the fit and finish of all the parts. It's always nice when the new parts fit perfectly into the stock set up without having to drill new holes or come up with clever ways to install stuff that should just fit.

Here are a couple of pics of the car with its new more aggressive look.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140129_154522_016.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	77785   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140129_154445_536 (1).jpg
Views:	240
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	77793  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old January 30th, 2014, 11:13 AM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by RideSallyRide View Post
Needed new headlights since mine were cracked and dingy so I decided to give the front end of a new look while I had the car apart and the bumper cover off. Bought the Eleanor grille and SHR honey comb lower grille inserts, yellow fog light tint and OEM style headlights from AM.

The quality of all the parts seems to be very good. OEM headlights fit perfectly where the stockers had been. All the holes lined up and install was easy.

SHR lower grille inserts snapped in place in five minutes. Don't notice much of a difference because the license plate holder blocks some of the grille area but still a nice touch for the car shows.

The stock grille was a bit loose and came right out of it's housing with no issues. I removed the stock fog lights and cleaned up the lenses with some lens cleaner then installed them in the new Eleanor style grille. The stock fogs fit the Eleanor grille perfectly and were bolted back in place in ten minutes.

Used a soapy solution of water and a heat gun to apply the yellow film to my fog light lenses. Love the way the yellow tint makes the fogs stand out against the black grille. This was my first time applying tint film. A little tricky at first but the soapy water and heat gun and plastic applicator took out the bubbles and I was pleasantly surprised by the finished product. I think new yellow fog lights were around $150 and the tint was $30 for the pair.

The Eleanor grille snapped into place with a bit of elbow grease and as expected was a much snugger fit than the stock grille which had loosened up a bit over time. I've always been partial to the Eleanor grille on Mustangs with LeMans stripes. The fogs fall right in the center of the stripes so it just looks right.

Once again very pleased with American Muscle and the fit and finish of all the parts. It's always nice when the new parts fit perfectly into the stock set up without having to drill new holes or come up with clever ways to install stuff that should just fit.

Here are a couple of pics of the car with its new more aggressive look.....
Great write up! I'm glad to hear you're really enjoying all of your new parts and that the installation was very simple. The front of your car looks great! I really like the yellow fog lights. That's really not that common on Mustangs!

Keep up the great work with your build and let me know if you ever have any questions or need some assistance in the near future! We really appreciate your business and loyalty.

-Dan

Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST | Sat 10AM-4PM EST
GET UP TO $200 TOWARDS YOUR NEXT PURCHASE FROM AM!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
post #3 of 4 Old January 30th, 2014, 05:50 PM Thread Starter
"Junior, hold my hat!"

Thanks Dan. AM is really the best. The technical videos and sales videos Jason puts out are really informative and your customer service is second to none. My Chrome GT fuse cover started pitting badly after 8 months and I called a few days ago and you guys sent me a brand new replacement without charge. Nothing but a great 360 degree experience with all of the products and people at American Muscle. I'm going to try and drive out to your big car show this year. Looks like fun.

I agree the yellow fogs look good on my set up. They stand out really well against the black grille and go well with the Grey/Red color combo. Not sure it would work on other front grilles/color combos and it's not for everybody I'm sure. I like the fact you don't see many GTs with yellow fogs. Makes mine a bit different.

I think my next project may be installing 4.10 Ford Racing gears that I get from you guys. I've done a lot of research and it's a great performance mod especially for the money. Might be the last thing I do...course I said that about $2,500 ago!

Keep up the good work. I'm a huge fan of AM and its people.

"Next time you pass a cop in an unmarked vehicle you better know the speed limit...especially in this car...it stands out!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old January 31st, 2014, 12:58 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by RideSallyRide View Post
Thanks Dan. AM is really the best. The technical videos and sales videos Jason puts out are really informative and your customer service is second to none. My Chrome GT fuse cover started pitting badly after 8 months and I called a few days ago and you guys sent me a brand new replacement without charge. Nothing but a great 360 degree experience with all of the products and people at American Muscle. I'm going to try and drive out to your big car show this year. Looks like fun.

I agree the yellow fogs look good on my set up. They stand out really well against the black grille and go well with the Grey/Red color combo. Not sure it would work on other front grilles/color combos and it's not for everybody I'm sure. I like the fact you don't see many GTs with yellow fogs. Makes mine a bit different.

I think my next project may be installing 4.10 Ford Racing gears that I get from you guys. I've done a lot of research and it's a great performance mod especially for the money. Might be the last thing I do...course I said that about $2,500 ago!

Keep up the good work. I'm a huge fan of AM and its people.
Thanks for the kind word! I really appreciate your feedback. I'm glad to see that you've always had a great experience with us! We appreciate your business and friendship.

4.10's are going to be a great next mod. Gears are one of the most beneficial mods out there for the Mustang. You're going to fall in love with your car all over again after the installation!

We hope to see you at this years car show! It's really a great event. Thousands of Mustangs, the AM Staff and it's always for a great charity!

-Dan

Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST | Sat 10AM-4PM EST
GET UP TO $200 TOWARDS YOUR NEXT PURCHASE FROM AM!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page