Ground Control Coilovers for 11-14 GT - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old April 3rd, 2014, 06:03 AM Thread Starter
July '14 ROTM Winner

Thumbs down Ground Control Coilovers for 11-14 GT

So, to start off, hi my name is Daniel, I own a 2013 Mustang GT.
I was on the hunt for an affordable, yet durable, quality, and ultimately trackable solution to the terrible hesitation, body roll, and overall sloppiness that is the S197 suspension.
Now mind you, I am not bashing the chassis, it is (in my opinion) THE BEST Mustang Chassis, to date.
That being said, I wanted to unleash its full potential.
Jason @ Hypermotive as well as Whiskey11, both brought me to considering Ground Controls' Coilover setup for all 11-14 GT's.
For those not aware, good information can be found here: Ground Control 2011-2013 Mustang Complete kit
I had not heard much about them, and I did not know much, so I did a lot of research(their website is pretty much everything in a nutshell) and decided that for the price, this was going to be my best option.
I went ahead and ordered them up, w/ my custom spring rate specs(550Front/250Rear) with their CC plates, as well as an Adjustable panhard Bar, Adjustable Upper Control Arm, and a mount, all BMR, previously had already installed a BMR Lower Control arm and Relocation brackets.
When the Coilovers arrived, I was highly pleased so see that they were double(maybe even triple) wrapped all around in bubble-wrap, as well as then further wrapped in brown packing paper., the rear springs were wrapped in brown paper, and then boxed up, to keep them from jumping around and scratching anything in transit.
All things considered, the price was very good and the quality is top-notch!
Now for pics!

CC plates

The modified custom GC Strut housing:

Here you can see the machined and high quality ride height adjusters and everything else in a bit more detail right before install

Here is a side by side comparison, stock vs GC.

Here they are installed!

And the most important part; the ride.
Ride is very firm, but not harsh.
Turn-in is crisp and sharp, very responsive!
There is quite a bit of head-toss, if you will, but the ride is in no way harsh, and rides quite like stock, just with more noticeable bumps and road noise.
Overall, for the price, and performance given, I rate the Ground Control Coilovers a 9.5/10, there is nothing I would recommend differently with this kit, they covered all the corners!
Their CC plates offer nearly the most suspension tuning out of any other CC plate for the S197 Mustang, the ride height adjusters(both front and rear) are easy to get to, and easy to adjust with simply just pulling the wheels off.
All the materials are very high quality, and you can tell that a lot of love is put into their product.
Highly recommend!

2015 Mustang GT - Performance Package, Muffler delete, Eibach Pro-kit springs, Driver Mod, Lund Racing Tuned!

Last edited by SunnyD; May 14th, 2014 at 10:47 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old April 3rd, 2014, 10:50 AM
Authorized Vendor

post #3 of 3 Old April 3rd, 2014, 12:18 PM Thread Starter
July '14 ROTM Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Tech View Post
OHHHH Yeah!
Don't worry Kelly, I am going to do a review of all the BMR parts soon.
They deserve it, amazing products!

2015 Mustang GT - Performance Package, Muffler delete, Eibach Pro-kit springs, Driver Mod, Lund Racing Tuned!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page