CJ Pony Parts/CJ Service - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old June 11th, 2014, 07:29 PM Thread Starter
Mach1 FTW

CJ Pony Parts/CJ Service

Today i had CJ Pony Parts (CJ Service) install a 4.10 ring and pinion in my Mach 1 along with a Torsen T2R differential. Initially i called ahead and they were able to schedule me in within less than a week which was great!
I dropped my car off at 9am right when they opened and it was taken in and started within an hour's time. Also, my ring and pinion was a used set...the tech doing the work called to make sure I knew about it before installing it and to let me know the only thing extra aside from labor i would have to buy was the install kit which was no big deal. He also informed me that some how my mach 1 ended up with a 2.73 gear set in it (YES, you read that right 2.73) no wonder i could only trap 100-101 and et like a 14.0-14.2.

anyway, turn around was fast! i picked it up and the bill was very reasonable. i was billed for the install kit which the tech let me know about before hand and 2.15hrs of shop time. best part is, i always had a 'clunk' in the driveline and it has disappeared. and these being used gears i expected them to whine a bit but they are silent...no noises what-so-ever. i was very pleased with the staff and the turn-around on this...and the price! thanks for your support CJ Pony Parts!!

2004 Competition Orange Mach 1
4.10 gears and all the usual BS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old June 12th, 2014, 09:19 AM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Good deal. I saw your car in front of the showroom. Very clean looking. I will pass the kind words on to my guys.
post #3 of 4 Old June 12th, 2014, 11:49 AM
Hardcore Devotee

Good to hear. I plan on having them do gears in my car in the future.

2000 GT - Full Bolt-on's

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old June 12th, 2014, 04:30 PM Thread Starter
Mach1 FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_CJPP View Post
Good deal. I saw your car in front of the showroom. Very clean looking. I will pass the kind words on to my guys.
thanks! its far from perfect and i havent washed it in over a week...you know the foul weather we have been having all this week. i'm very pleased with the gears, over drive is now a very usable gear now! the guy doing the work I believe said his name was Rick ? he called me to be sure i was aware my gears were used and that I was ok with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cl0udedth0ught View Post
Good to hear. I plan on having them do gears in my car in the future.
you wont regret it! turn-around was very fast and like i said the price was very reasonable. my ring and pinion was used and i fully expected them to make some noise but much to my surprise they do not!

2004 Competition Orange Mach 1
4.10 gears and all the usual BS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page