AmericanMuscle.. What happened? - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old July 15th, 2014, 08:50 PM Thread Starter
shineboxx.

AmericanMuscle.. What happened?

Figured I'd share my recent experience with AmericanMuscle. Overall it left a bad taste in my mouth with them, kept getting the run around and excuses.July 5th I placed an order for the 3.55 Gear Kit. This purchase includes 3.55 Gears, Bearings & Install Kit, Gear Oil and Friction Modifier. Now since this was Friday afternoon, the items weren't shipped until Monday. I received the Gear Oil, Friction Modifier and Install Kit the following day, Tuesday July 9th.. The Gears were missing so I made a phone call and spoke to a rep from AM, the gears weren't shipped and they would be shipped the following day (Wednesday) and I WOULD HAVE THEM BY FRIDAY THE LATEST. AM is one day shipping to me since they're in Pennsylvania and I'm in New York. Thursday comes, nothing. Friday comes, nothing. So I called Friday night and explained to a rep my issue, yet again, and was told nobody ever shipped it and a supervisor didn't approve the order. Now how is this made my problem? I placed an order July 5th, today is July 13th and the gears still weren't even shipped! The rep told me they would have it out A.S.A.P which means Monday they'd ship it, and MAYBE this time if they're not jerking me around I'd have it Tuesday. Now you're telling me it takes 7 business days to ship out a damn set of gears? I don't get it. I've spent thousands, so has my brother, friends, family etc.. And this is how loyal customers get treated? 3 Different occasions I was told the gears will be going out you'll have it, sorry for this, sorry for that. Sorry today sorry tomorrow, I paid for the damn gears and I still don't have them. They knew how to approve my credit card for the $244.xx charge right? But not ship out the gears? The best is when I asked about adjusting the bill the rep says the supervisor will send a credit.. They send me a $10 credit that can only be used on the phone. Seriously? I really didn't like getting jerked around by several different people on when my stuff would go out, and yeah you'll have it! never showed up. Just got them today, just 10 days after I ordered them... They weren't out of stock either. I don't get it.

1995 GT- 5 Speed Swapped - Geared, Exhausted..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old July 15th, 2014, 09:00 PM
Feb '14 ROTM

I can see that being a bit of a pain waiting for something that was ordered awhile ago. At least you got them.

504/433
post #3 of 4 Old July 15th, 2014, 09:04 PM Thread Starter
shineboxx.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWidowStang View Post
I can see that being a bit of a pain waiting for something that was ordered awhile ago. At least you got them.
That wasn't even what bothered me that much. It was getting jerked around for a week and being told they were shipped and I'll have them, meanwhile they never sent them..

1995 GT- 5 Speed Swapped - Geared, Exhausted..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old July 16th, 2014, 09:20 AM
Authorized Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95.5ohh View Post
Figured I'd share my recent experience with AmericanMuscle. Overall it left a bad taste in my mouth with them, kept getting the run around and excuses.July 5th I placed an order for the 3.55 Gear Kit. This purchase includes 3.55 Gears, Bearings & Install Kit, Gear Oil and Friction Modifier. Now since this was Friday afternoon, the items weren't shipped until Monday. I received the Gear Oil, Friction Modifier and Install Kit the following day, Tuesday July 9th.. The Gears were missing so I made a phone call and spoke to a rep from AM, the gears weren't shipped and they would be shipped the following day (Wednesday) and I WOULD HAVE THEM BY FRIDAY THE LATEST. AM is one day shipping to me since they're in Pennsylvania and I'm in New York. Thursday comes, nothing. Friday comes, nothing. So I called Friday night and explained to a rep my issue, yet again, and was told nobody ever shipped it and a supervisor didn't approve the order. Now how is this made my problem? I placed an order July 5th, today is July 13th and the gears still weren't even shipped! The rep told me they would have it out A.S.A.P which means Monday they'd ship it, and MAYBE this time if they're not jerking me around I'd have it Tuesday. Now you're telling me it takes 7 business days to ship out a damn set of gears? I don't get it. I've spent thousands, so has my brother, friends, family etc.. And this is how loyal customers get treated? 3 Different occasions I was told the gears will be going out you'll have it, sorry for this, sorry for that. Sorry today sorry tomorrow, I paid for the damn gears and I still don't have them. They knew how to approve my credit card for the $244.xx charge right? But not ship out the gears? The best is when I asked about adjusting the bill the rep says the supervisor will send a credit.. They send me a $10 credit that can only be used on the phone. Seriously? I really didn't like getting jerked around by several different people on when my stuff would go out, and yeah you'll have it! never showed up. Just got them today, just 10 days after I ordered them... They weren't out of stock either. I don't get it.
OP-I'm sorry to hear about this but can you shoot me a PM so I can take a look and see what had happened on our end here? It's sounding like there was a massive miscommunication and I'd like to get to the bottom of this for you asap! Shoot me a PM and I'll get this fixed!

Alex

Alex Lazarus | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 1-866-363-4591
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page