American Muscle....Trend? - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old July 22nd, 2014, 10:14 PM Thread Starter
Regular

American Muscle....Trend?

Well I'm not utterly displeased, but I'm not happy either. Ordered a Roush Vent Pod along with an upper and lower Black Billet Grille combo for my S197 the last week. Got my Roush Pod within a few days and installed it, was feeling pretty good about my order. UPS tried to deliver the grilles yesterday at 1430 and I was at work, not their fault. Today they come in and I'm home, so I bust em out and put the GT up on ramps to start the install. Get to removing my stock grille per the directions, everything is going pretty smooth. Then I get to step 9 tells me to install two L clips on the two inner holes in the grille so that they may utilize the holes in them for reinstalling the radiator cover, with the following picture to identify their locations:

Only problem is this is what I'm looking at:

So naturally we have a problem that isn't my doing. I call them up and talk to a guy who goes over the directions with me as if I am screwing it up somehow. Then comes to the conclusion that I need a new one. So what he sets up is for me to take it back to UPS before they close and have me ship it back to them. And what he'll do for me, being ever so generous, is cover the shipping costs, "Wow" I thought. Is he doing me a favor or something? Because he's making it sound like he is. And then I ask if he's going to expedite it back to me since it's inconveniencing me to have to jump through all these hoops. He informs me that "He can't guarantee that, but he'll see what he can do tomorrow morning."

So it finally came down to me not having the patience nor the desire to reinstall everything and repackage the thing to then drive back to UPS and send it back. Since I was missing one of the panel clips for the radiator cover anyway I decided to leave it that way and screw jumping through the hoops. So I will warn you all to inspect the parts thoroughly with the instructions not just your eyes to ensure that your parts are good to go before starting your projects.

Knew I should have paid the money and got the Roush 9-Bar, but I guess you get what you pay for right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old July 23rd, 2014, 08:39 AM
Authorized Vendor

OP-

I'm sorry to see and hear about this! I'm not entirely sure what happened on our end but that's no good! Can you shoot me a PM with your order number so I can have this fixed up for you? I would also "guarantee" that I can get your replacement delivered tomorrow for you as well. I'm not sure why there was even a hint of uncertainty on our end as our guy should've just sent it out!! Let me know and I'll get this fixed for you today!

Alex

Alex Lazarus | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 1-866-363-4591
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
post #3 of 6 Old July 23rd, 2014, 11:58 AM
Authorized Vendor

PM Replied-You replacement order is being shipped out shortly and UPS should have it delivered tomorrow!

Please let me know if there's anything else I can help out with in the meantime!

Alex

Free Same-Day Shipping!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old July 23rd, 2014, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
Regular

Wow, thank you Alex! Didn't expect that to happen. I appreciate you handling it and correcting a mistake that was obviously not of your doing.
post #5 of 6 Old July 24th, 2014, 09:48 AM
Authorized Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBGT View Post
Wow, thank you Alex! Didn't expect that to happen. I appreciate you handling it and correcting a mistake that was obviously not of your doing.

Hey,

You're very welcome! We're always here to help out no matter what so please don't hesitate to contact me if there's ever anything I can assist with. Let me know if there's anything else I can help out with in the meantime!

Alex

Free Same-Day Shipping!
post #6 of 6 Old August 4th, 2014, 12:13 PM
July '14 ROTM Winner

And that is what makes AM, their fantastic reps.
Thanks Alex, for all you do.

2015 Mustang GT - Performance Package, Muffler delete, Eibach Pro-kit springs, Driver Mod, Lund Racing Tuned!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page