ProCharger P-1SC - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old August 27th, 2019, 01:36 PM Thread Starter
US Air Force (retired)

Garage
ProCharger P-1SC

A great supercharger. I had mine professionally installed on my 2000 GT when the car had 60,000 miles. The one problem was that the previous owner had installed under drive pulleys. The supercharger will not physically fit with the over-large water pump pulley so I bought an electric water pump to replace it.

I didn't like the original tune. They did a work around in the tune for the stock fuel pump. I bought a Meizere Electric Water Pump, BBK long-tube headers and catted x-pipe and had the car re-tuned.

The car is a daily driver. It currently has 210,000 miles. It was a mess changing oil in the head unit until I bought an extension drain line. Changing belts I once lost a spacer and got the pulleys out of alignment. It shredded the new belt. The shredded belt damaged the ProCharger seal behind the pulley and cracked the timing chain cover. I had the timing chain cover replaced and replaced the seal myself. I was very careful about pulley alignment after that.

Other than operator error I've had no problems in 150,000 miles of spirited driving. I change supercharger oil every 5,000 miles at the same time I change motor oil. ProCharger has a special oil. I use 6 quarts of Mobil's European Blend 0-40 synthetic oil in the motor because it has the levels of ZDDP that was in oil when the motor was manufactured. Other oils have reduced levels.

The 2000 manual says to run 5 quarts. 6 quarts were recommended for the 2001s. The pan easily holds 8 quarts. There were reports of motors running dry with 5 quarts during high rpm operation. Instead of always showing one quart over when checking oil I bought a new 6 quart dipstick.

The car had around 160,000 miles on it when I got the pulleys out of alignment. When they changed the timing chain cover I was going to replace the guides . The mechanic said that everything looked great and nothing needed to be replaced.

I would recommend the ProCharger P-1SC for any moderate horsepower build. I bolted it on an internally stock 4.6. At 8.9 psi it made STD 396 rwhp (approx 440-450 at the block) and it ran a 12.7 quarter mile. It is perfect for a daily driver.

ProCharger P-1SC, 9 psi, STD 396/383; Uncorrected 388/375; SAE 383/370.
Ret. USAF 1969-1973,1980-1996: Vietnam veteran. Aircraft maintenance. R & D, ICBM Operations.
Also own: 1997 Harley FXDWG, 1998 F-150, and 2002 Corvette LS1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old September 11th, 2019, 07:36 AM
Regular

Garage
I want a ProCharger for my 2011 v6. Every time I get close to having enough money something happens. 6 months ago I almost had enough saved up, had to get a new roof on my house . Was close again, wife is at his very moment having a kitchen remodel done. Hammers are banging at this very moment . Someday, maybe someday

'Little Red'. V6 Automatic Transmission. C&L C.A.I. BBK Long Tube Headers. BBK Catted Shorty X-pipe. Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs. 3.73 Rear Gears. GT 500 Lower Control Arms. Axle Exchange Aluminum Driveshaft. Steeda Sports. Steeda Watts Link.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page