2Likes
  • 1 Post By Mach Stang!
  • 1 Post By BWAL

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 Old December 16th, 2015, 04:08 PM Thread Starter
MM's Caller of Bullshit

Garage
Help with ROTM

Alright, here goes. I want to keep ROTM going and I'll be doing so in February after the ROTY stuff has cleared up. You guys spend a lot of time with Marc and I working ROTM and I feel like we're all a team here. It's not just a job the two of us can tackle without you guys so I'm asking you here to help us revamp it for the new year.

Post below with things you think the forum would like to see the ROTM do, new rules and ideas for it. I don't care how goofy it sounds, lets see what you got. I may open a general thread to the forum to judge the temperature in a few weeks.

Anything at all is appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old December 16th, 2015, 04:21 PM
Certified Bwaloligisit

Garage
The biggest thing I will say is what I brought up in the lefty thread shit storm. We need better advertisement for when rotm goes up. Everyone I'm sure wants to be in rotm, but why do we only see mostly clubhouse people? Poor advertisements. I've seen either you or marc post an announcement sticky, but because the top of the forum where stickies are, I guarantee you most people don't even notice it. A dedicated member needs to make a normal thread in all the major sub sections of tech and in the clubhouse. Post all the details about the rotm theme and a link to the submission or nomination thread in the ride of the month section. That person then need to keep updated and answer questions in that thread. If it bumps low on page 1 or gets to page 2, bump it up so that people can see.

Better advertisement like that I think will be one of the major keys to getting rotm back on its feet. There's a ton of nice cars out there in the tech section. We just need to reach out to the entire community versus just the clubhouse

Mach Stang's 1988 K1500 Build Thread

Quote:
ITS A FUCKING GOPRO CABLE! NOT A FUCKING JDAM

-Rocco
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsgpony View Post
All these cameras and they can't see a pissed off Indian guy running around for 15 minutes whipping a propane tank in his hand...
post #3 of 17 Old December 16th, 2015, 04:23 PM Thread Starter
MM's Caller of Bullshit

Garage
Opened a thread in the Clubhouse.

https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...l#post11249698

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach Stang! View Post
The biggest thing I will say is what I brought up in the lefty thread shit storm. We need better advertisement for when rotm goes up. Everyone I'm sure wants to be in rotm, but why do we only see mostly clubhouse people? Poor advertisements. I've seen either you or marc post an announcement sticky, but because the top of the forum where stickies are, I guarantee you most people don't even notice it. A dedicated member needs to make a normal thread in all the major sub sections of tech and in the clubhouse. Post all the details about the rotm theme and a link to the submission or nomination thread in the ride of the month section. That person then need to keep updated and answer questions in that thread. If it bumps low on page 1 or gets to page 2, bump it up so that people can see.

Better advertisement like that I think will be one of the major keys to getting rotm back on its feet. There's a ton of nice cars out there in the tech section. We just need to reach out to the entire community versus just the clubhouse
I think you're right. Do you want to be that guy for the 99-04 section?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 Old December 16th, 2015, 04:26 PM
Certified Bwaloligisit

Garage
I wouldnt mind at all. I don't even think we have to have a certain person for each section. We can praticaly copy past threads to keep the initial posting easy. Then it's the matter of keeping up which shouldn't be bad at all

Quote:

-Rocco
Quote:
All these cameras and they can't see a pissed off Indian guy running around for 15 minutes whipping a propane tank in his hand...
post #5 of 17 Old December 16th, 2015, 04:27 PM Thread Starter
MM's Caller of Bullshit

Garage
Quote:
I wouldnt mind at all. I don't even think we have to have a certain person for each section. We can praticaly copy past threads to keep the initial posting easy. Then it's the matter of keeping up which shouldn't be bad at all
After re-reading your post, I get what you meant with just having one person cover the subsections. I think having a good timeline for when things are posted would help. Certain threads appear on certain days.
post #6 of 17 Old December 16th, 2015, 04:33 PM
Certified Bwaloligisit

Garage
That's obviously all stuff we can keep in this section for us to reference, and then when the time comes, either you or I can make the nessicary threads. But I can handle the normal advertisement side of rotm.

This brings up this, however. We do not have acess to the home page anymore right? What do we do for the winners? Like what happens with all the articles or even future tech articles

Quote:

-Rocco
Quote:
post #7 of 17 Old December 16th, 2015, 04:35 PM
Editor

Send a message via AIM to Shift
I'm all for helping if ROTM gets back going again.

Used to own: Blown & Cammed 08 GT
Now own: 2014 Shelby GT500 Deep Impact Blue w/ White Stripes
821A performance package, recaros, and electronics package w/ navigation

600 RWHP Club

"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you."
-Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear
post #8 of 17 Old December 16th, 2015, 04:44 PM Thread Starter
MM's Caller of Bullshit

Garage
Quote:
That's obviously all stuff we can keep in this section for us to reference, and then when the time comes, either you or I can make the nessicary threads. But I can handle the normal advertisement side of rotm.

This brings up this, however. We do not have acess to the home page anymore right? What do we do for the winners? Like what happens with all the articles or even future tech articles
I don't think they've resolved the compatibility issues with WP and the new forum front page. I'm willing to bet it was broken on purpose so AG could use the Homepage for adverts.

That said, we could probably create a new subsection under ROTM like The Showroom where the winners are displayed with their stories. We'd need to come up with a way to get people there to view it.
post #9 of 17 Old December 16th, 2015, 04:51 PM
Certified Bwaloligisit

Garage
That's the hard part roght there. It will be a section that no one willingly checks unless someone points them to it. The homepage was great for new members and people that actually checked it. It will be hard to show articles like this in a place no one is familiar with. Unfortunately that one will be hard to combat

Quote:

-Rocco
Quote:
post #10 of 17 Old December 16th, 2015, 05:09 PM
Feb '14 ROTM

I'd help out on posting in various subsections.

One thing is we should try to avoid the shitstorm that happened with the current ROTY.

If non mustangs are gonna be able to enter a ROTM it should clearly be stated in the rules or even in the announcement thread for the month(s). Again, I don't know how the general population would feel about having a non mustang in a ROTM. Possibly having the text OPEN TO NON MUSTANGS TOO be very visible might cut down that uproar.

Possibly some months have different cars than mustangs be up for it, but I feel there should still be months of just strictly mustangs.

For February, have some kind of Valentines day theme with your car covered in rose petals, have a heart on it, etc. Will think of shit for more months and post when it hits me.

504/433
post #11 of 17 Old December 16th, 2015, 05:14 PM
Certified Bwaloligisit

Garage
I agree with that. Though non mustang months should still be kept to a minimum. Maybe something like every other month have a submission for both mustang and non mustang? Or just work an appropriate theam for both kinds. A winter beater rotm was also mentioned but I see that more as a joke or gag thing. I would say we'd be better off doing one non mustang rotm in place of the beater one. Besides, if it works out, HD has the winter beater one taken care off

Quote:

-Rocco
Quote:
post #12 of 17 Old December 16th, 2015, 05:14 PM Thread Starter
MM's Caller of Bullshit

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWidowStang View Post
I'd help out on posting in various subsections.

One thing is we should try to avoid the shitstorm that happened with the current ROTY.

If non mustangs are gonna be able to enter a ROTM it should clearly be stated in the rules or even in the announcement thread for the month(s). Again, I don't know how the general population would feel about having a non mustang in a ROTM. Possibly having the text OPEN TO NON MUSTANGS TOO be very visible might cut down that uproar.

Possibly some months have different cars than mustangs be up for it, but I feel there should still be months of just strictly mustangs.

For February, have some kind of Valentines day theme with your car covered in rose petals, have a heart on it, etc. Will think of shit for more months and post when it hits me.
I definitely agree with you. Good idea for Feb.
post #13 of 17 Old December 16th, 2015, 05:17 PM
Feb '14 ROTM

Possibly a non mustang one would be "Mud March" lol. I don't go mudding or have a truck, but it could be for people who have trucks now or a dedicated mudding truck or whatever they take off road and get dirty.

504/433
post #14 of 17 Old December 16th, 2015, 09:28 PM
Certified Bwaloligisit

Garage
If you did that, then you'll get the people going "so trucks get there own month but my 1974 Plymouth Valarie doesn't get one? dafuq" If we do a not mustang, it needs to include everything but mustangs.
BlackWidowStang likes this.

Quote:

-Rocco
Quote:
post #15 of 17 Old December 16th, 2015, 09:33 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWidowStang View Post
have a heart on it, etc.
is it fucked up that my first thought was "this is great because now i won't have to swerve for animals in the road"
BlackWidowStang likes this.

'65 Fastback
'89 LX 5.0
'90 LX 5.0
'92 LX 5.0
'92 LX 5.0
'97 Cobra

post #16 of 17 Old December 16th, 2015, 09:56 PM
Certified Bwaloligisit

Garage
ew lol

Quote:

-Rocco
Quote:
post #17 of 17 Old December 16th, 2015, 11:42 PM
Feb '14 ROTM

Haha wtf.

---------- Post added at 11:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

Quote:
If you did that, then you'll get the people going "so trucks get there own month but my 1974 Plymouth Valarie doesn't get one? dafuq" If we do a not mustang, it needs to include everything but mustangs.
Yeah I guess you are right.

504/433
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page