LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 149 Old August 18th, 2010, 09:24 AM
Admanistrator

Send a message via AIM to v606er
Quote:
Originally Posted by UK PONY View Post
I'm suprised no-one has mentioned these guys;

http://www.supersixmotorsports.com/p...1HeadsCams.pdf

When I've recovered from my CS6 conversion I'll be getting a set of the stage 3 heads & cam, should take me comfortably over the 400hp mark (crank).
I would have, but you did it for me

I'm considering the stage 2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAL View Post
i liked the chilean miners before they went all mainstream. i liked them back when they were still underground.
MAD Stangs #8
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 149 Old August 18th, 2010, 04:01 PM
Regular

What kind of gains are we looking at?
post #23 of 149 Old August 18th, 2010, 04:13 PM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteandblack'10 View Post
What kind of gains are we looking at?
gains about 25 hp and 19 tq with just the stage 2+. Got it from their website
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 149 Old August 18th, 2010, 04:25 PM
Regular

Thats not bad at all. And i wonder if it gives you more power per mod like compared to just the stock engine?
post #25 of 149 Old August 18th, 2010, 04:45 PM
Regular

probably will
post #26 of 149 Old August 18th, 2010, 04:45 PM
Regular

the 2011 v6 has twin varible timing witch traslates to VTEC lol just sayin
post #27 of 149 Old August 18th, 2010, 05:14 PM

The V6 is the entry level Mustang, and it is not supposed to compete with the much more expensive V8 Mustang. Even so, stock it has 210 HP and 240 Torque -- which isn't too bad for when it first showed up late in 2004.

Ford held off updating the V6 engine until 2011 when they could also update the V8. And, to Ford's credit, they didn't take ANY of our taxpayer money to stay solvent -- unlike GM (Government Motors) who screwed all their creditors and all of us taxpayers.

With a CAI/Tune and a GT Takeoff muffler, you could spend about $650 and an hour of your time to get it up close to 240 HP and 270 Torque. And if you want to spend $4K or so, you can supercharge or turbocharge it to put you in the mid 300's at the crank. As Carol Shelby said, "Horsepower sells cars. Torque wins races." The V6 puts out a pretty decent amount of low end torque (the new 2011 V6 is 280 torque, but you don't really feel it until you're up around 4K RPMs -- then it really gets going).

V6 Premium w/Pony Package - 8.8 T-Lok w/3.73 gears, Auto, Leather, BBK CAI, AM/Bama 91 Tune, Duals, Seq. Tail Lights, Chrome Tail Light Trim, Roush Side Louvers, and some underhood styling.
post #28 of 149 Old August 18th, 2010, 06:44 PM
Regular

210/240 Is at the flywheel. Prob even less. You're prob putting 30-40% less HP/TQ at the wheels than Ford reports. And peak HP/TQ is always at high RPM's. Chances are you'll never hit those numbers driving it daily.On a stock 4.0 you'll need a combo of Tune, Dual Exhaust, and C.A.I. to maybe push 200 HP. Remeber Ford uses those numbers to sell a Vehicle. If you notice well especially by me. If I drive around for atleast a 10 minutes I'll see atleast one Mustang V6. It's their top selling Mustang. They are all over. For every new Camaro and Challenger I see. I see 10 Mustangs.
post #29 of 149 Old August 18th, 2010, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6BlueStang09 View Post
210/240 Is at the flywheel. Prob even less. You're prob putting 30-40% less HP/TQ at the wheels than Ford reports. And peak HP/TQ is always at high RPM's. Chances are you'll never hit those numbers driving it daily.On a stock 4.0 you'll need a combo of Tune, Dual Exhaust, and C.A.I. to maybe push 200 HP.
Well, first of all, every single manufacturer quotes flywheel horsepower. Find one that doesn't. And, uh, sorry, but no way there's 30-40% drivetrain loss. Something around 15% for manuals, and around 18% for autos. It's not unusual for a 4.0 to put down 200 RWHP with a CAI/Tune/Exhaust. With a 30% drivetrain loss for a car that dynos at 200 RWHP, that would calculate out to 285 HP at the flywheel. With a 40% drivetrain loss, it would be over 330 HP at the flywheel. Do the math, and you'll see how absurd that is...

Yes, horsepower is typically near the peak RPMs, while torque, however, is not. The 4.0 V6 from the factory hits peak torque around 3500 RPM, and torque is the raw force that an engine produces (twisting the crankshaft). Horsepower is simply a measure of how much torque is produced at a given RPM, so that is why horsepower is always at the high RPMs. Anyone having fun with a sporty car is reaching peak torque all the time, but rarely approaching peak horsepower -- unless they're at the strip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6BlueStang09 View Post
If you notice well especially by me. If I drive around for atleast a 10 minutes I'll see atleast one Mustang V6. It's their top selling Mustang. They are all over. For every new Camaro and Challenger I see. I see 10 Mustangs.
I don't get the point here. Ford sells a lot of Mustangs, and most of them are V6's? Yeah, that we can agree on. And I'm sure we can also agree that 2009 V6 Blue Stangs are nice cars, huh?

V6 Premium w/Pony Package - 8.8 T-Lok w/3.73 gears, Auto, Leather, BBK CAI, AM/Bama 91 Tune, Duals, Seq. Tail Lights, Chrome Tail Light Trim, Roush Side Louvers, and some underhood styling.
post #30 of 149 Old August 19th, 2010, 03:25 AM
Regular

hahaha id say 2010 V6 White stangs are nicer but thats just my opinion haha
post #31 of 149 Old August 19th, 2010, 12:19 PM
Admanistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver6stang09 View Post
gains about 25 hp and 19 tq with just the stage 2+. Got it from their website
Quote:
Thats not bad at all. And i wonder if it gives you more power per mod like compared to just the stock engine?
Yeah those gains were on a completely stock 4.0, and it was not tuned after the install. So with cai, exhaust, and dyno tune, the gains will be much more.

And the entire power curve was brought up, with non peak gains of up to 80rwtq.

Quote:
i liked the chilean miners before they went all mainstream. i liked them back when they were still underground.
MAD Stangs #8
post #32 of 149 Old August 19th, 2010, 01:24 PM
Regular

not bad at alll.
too bad that is very out of my price range at the moment. but definitely will consider it for the future.
post #33 of 149 Old August 19th, 2010, 04:42 PM Thread Starter
Regular

is it possible to change it from a sohc to a dohc? Wouldnt that make a huge difference?
post #34 of 149 Old August 19th, 2010, 08:29 PM
Regular

Quote:
hahaha id say 2010 V6 White stangs are nicer but thats just my opinion haha
Sorry, I can't back ya' on that one lol. Maybe the 2010's from the front and even the sides are sharp, but the back looks terrible. Almost like a toy RC car with those trashy plastic backs.

CDS
post #35 of 149 Old August 19th, 2010, 10:02 PM
Admanistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDominguez22 View Post
is it possible to change it from a sohc to a dohc? Wouldnt that make a huge difference?
Essentially that is not possible. An engine swap would be easier.

Basically that is what it would be anyways.

Quote:
MAD Stangs #8
post #36 of 149 Old August 19th, 2010, 10:44 PM
Regular

I feel yr pain, I feel it to.
But I can say this ; my rimes are 18". Tires are about 1/2 less in dynamiter and 35 series.

One day at 4 am a Firebird V8 (2002 on less) wanted to race me. 1st race was short, he could only not fall back any further..about 2 car lengths. Let me explain, I was going 75 and when I new I was out of the speed trap I dropped to 4th and floor it, my stang jumped 2 car lengths ahead of him/her.

I slowed to 75 again till I could see over the rise in the freeway, did all the same but was 2.5 times a longer stretch, I pulled away from his/her car.
Go finger that one out! Old engine? An automatic? don't know.
Fact is my V6 w/ smaller diameter tires is a faster car

Sixpkv6

07 V6 5 speed Coupe in California.
post #37 of 149 Old August 20th, 2010, 11:56 AM Thread Starter
Regular

thanks 606er i didnt know that swaps are serious money tho every mechanic i talk to says im better off just buying a brand new v8 because youll put 20 30 grand down swapping your motor i wish they were like old cars where you could just drop in a 455 easy
post #38 of 149 Old August 20th, 2010, 12:15 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to ESG-642T Send a message via Yahoo to ESG-642T
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixpkv6 View Post
I feel yr pain, I feel it to.
But I can say this ; my rimes are 18". Tires are about 1/2 less in dynamiter and 35 series.

One day at 4 am a Firebird V8 (2002 on less) wanted to race me. 1st race was short, he could only not fall back any further..about 2 car lengths. Let me explain, I was going 75 and when I new I was out of the speed trap I dropped to 4th and floor it, my stang jumped 2 car lengths ahead of him/her.

I slowed to 75 again till I could see over the rise in the freeway, did all the same but was 2.5 times a longer stretch, I pulled away from his/her car.
Go finger that one out! Old engine? An automatic? don't know.
Fact is my V6 w/ smaller diameter tires is a faster car
It had to have been a v6... And it had to be an 01 or less since they stopped making them.

[CENTER][IMG]http://imageshack.us/a/img839/792/esg642t.png[/IMG][/center]

[CENTER]Hi, You can call me Kyle
[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="2"]Random ESG fact: Had a prochamber on his v6 before it was popular.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
post #39 of 149 Old August 20th, 2010, 06:57 PM
Admanistrator

The solution to all horsepower problems would be to either win the lottery or rob a bank.

But if you rob a bank, you should probably have plenty of power to begin with

Quote:
MAD Stangs #8
post #40 of 149 Old August 21st, 2010, 05:38 AM
Captain of Squad 11

Is it just me or does the 4.0 sounds great when ya give it some gas like it does IMO when you get 3k rpm and higher i try not to redline mine much but i love hearing those high rpms

MM Cleavage Club Member #3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page