Forums at Modded Mustangs

Forums at Modded Mustangs (https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/)
-   V6 Mustangs (https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/v6-mustangs/)
-   -   Which one is easier??a rear end swap or engine swap? (https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/v6-mustangs/18927-one-easier-rear-end-swap-engine-swap.html)

Bies08 April 8th, 2007 12:18 PM

Which one is easier??a rear end swap or engine swap?

Ok to start off at our high school we have these dumb things called exit projects. You have to write a paper that is like 10 pages long and blah blah. then you have to do a project over whatever your paper is about. Then after that you have to get a 10-15 min. speech about it. Heres my options i thought bout:
1.) An 8.8 from a salvage yrd..and i'll rebuild it.
2.) A 4.2 from a salvage yrd...but im not sure if i'll rebuild it or not.

I want to do something that will help out my car soo idk which one will be easier. I'm thinking the new rear end would be easier and cheaper buuut im not real sure. Ohh and i have to pay for this myself....remember im a Highschool student..haha

02ponypackage April 8th, 2007 12:21 PM

ah lemme see the 8.8 is def easier...take off wheels, brakes...undo suspension...drive shaft...control arms and i think thats it...maybe i broke it down to quick but its simple idk how hard the stroker would be...doesnt the flywheel have to be changed ? im not even sure

Bies08 April 8th, 2007 12:29 PM

i have no idea..haha....i'd have my uncle help me out if i did the engine...but if i got the 8.8 i'd have 4.10 gears installed before i put it in....i thought the 8.8 would be a good idea too...

232stang April 8th, 2007 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 02ponypackage
ah lemme see the 8.8 is def easier...take off wheels, brakes...undo suspension...drive shaft...control arms and i think thats it...maybe i broke it down to quick but its simple idk how hard the stroker would be...doesnt the flywheel have to be changed ? im not even sure

even if the flywheel had to be changed its not like its hard....

Bies08 April 8th, 2007 12:35 PM

buut what about the wiring harness and all that??will the engine just drop right in and everyting will just bolt up or what???if i got the engine what would i have to do to make it work?

GreenFaleen April 8th, 2007 12:52 PM

Do the 8.8 for the project man an engine will give you hell if you havn't done it before.

Juggalo_X April 8th, 2007 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenFaleen
Do the 8.8 for the project man an engine will give you hell if you havn't done it before.

+1 engines are a pain in the shaft, lining everything up making sure everything is TORQUED which i don't care what people say is essential when doing a engine install. but the 4.2 stroker is the same as the 3.8 just has a longer stroke so it will fit and everything will plug in and all that jazz.

97stanger April 8th, 2007 01:22 PM

i say do the rear. It'll be kinda hard to get 10 pages out of a rear swap...Easy fro an engine swap...But the engine swap is something you dont want to mess with. It will give you a lot of trouble..

Bies08 April 8th, 2007 02:10 PM

Well the paper i will write about cars..it doesn't have to be exactly a rear swap but just anytihng in general about cars...sooo it wont be that hard.

232stang April 8th, 2007 02:14 PM

i wrote a paper about sueprcharger and turbos
and why turbos are better for a street driven car. its only 5 pages long but if you want me to email it to you give me your email. it hasnt been edited because its not due yet but just hit me up, you can use it if you like it.

Bies08 April 8th, 2007 02:18 PM

sweet! your a life saver....would a turbo be better for a project than the rear end???? for my career im going into mechanics sooo sometime down the road im sure i'll put in an 8.8...sooo which one would be...the Rear end..or a Turbo

232 if you dont mind me lookin over it'd help me out alot..and im not goin to copy it at all...
[email protected]

haha how original huh?

Bies08 April 8th, 2007 02:19 PM

if i put a turbo set up would i have to report taht to insurance?

ESG-642T April 8th, 2007 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 232stang
and why turbos are better for a street driven car. its only 5 pages long but if you want me to email it to you give me your email. it hasnt been edited because its not due yet but just hit me up, you can use it if you like it.

I wouldn't mind just reading that.... lol can I get a copy ?

mustang1072 April 8th, 2007 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSStang
Quote:

Originally Posted by 232stang

I wouldn't mind just reading that.... lol can I get a copy ?

same here... [email protected]

Bies08 April 8th, 2007 02:32 PM

haha just publish it on here..haha....but that'd be great if you can send me a copy! thanks a ton man

97stanger April 8th, 2007 02:56 PM

no you dont NEED to report it, but I would highly suggest it. I run an insurace office, so read this.if you dont report it and you get into an accident and it was caused from speeding, your company WILL link it to the s/c or turbo and refuse to cover damages. Legally, they can do that. They will say it was "failure to avoid an accident". it's really worth the extra 200-400 it will cost you each year to insure that s/c or turbo on your car...

232stang April 8th, 2007 04:21 PM

since people want to see it, anyone know of a site where i can upload files and not just pics?

Texan_Stud April 8th, 2007 04:24 PM

ill tell you why s/c are better than turbos in general...

because turbos Hiss like something a panzy's car would have

s/c whine like a monster is under the hood..

i personally hate the way it makes american 6s and 8s sound with a turbo it makes your exhaust sound like a import

itschristorres8 April 8th, 2007 04:28 PM

s/c's whine because the turbo's kick there ass...so they cry and try to beat the turbo but nothing happens..the turbo keeps pulling

s/c's whine like baby's theres many ways to put it....
in the end
turbo vs s/c
outcome
turbo > Supercharger
the fastest s/c'ed car cant beat the fastest or even second fastest or third fourth and fifth fastest turboed car

s/c can make a shit ton of power as well

but lets face it, theres no v6 mustang even doing 8's in the 1/4 so none of you have to worry about the s/c and turbo situation

Texan_Stud April 8th, 2007 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itschristorres8
s/c's whine because the turbo's kick there ass...so they cry and try to beat the turbo but nothing happens..the turbo keeps pulling

s/c's whine like baby's theres many ways to put it....
in the end
turbo vs s/c
outcome
turbo > Supercharger
the fastest s/c'ed car cant beat the fastest or even second fastest or third fourth and fifth fastest turboed car

s/c can make a shit ton of power as well

but lets face it, theres no v6 mustang even doing 8's in the 1/4 so none of you have to worry about the s/c and turbo situation

i am pretty sure a stage 3 blower on a 350 will stomp the shit out of any TT so no you have no proof..