Modded Mustang Forums banner

Hood help

5K views 70 replies 17 participants last post by  McQueen 
#1 ·
Well I have to get a new hood. I was driving yesterday and my hood came unlatched cracked in half, hit the windshield and busted it. The hood was too tight with the windstar. So I have done some reasearch on the duraflex hood and I am wanting yalls oppinions.
Is this a good hood? I dont have alot to spend either. So lets hear your oppinions and see what you can help me find please. Thanks
99-04 FORD MUSTANG DuraFlex FIBER GLASS COWL HOOD | eBay

#5 ·
How about the American Muscle hoods?

#7 ·
It is looking like a pretty good deal

#10 ·

This is after I straightened it down to drive.

#12 ·
I think FORD had a defect on silver mustangs hoods causing the owners to buy cowl hoods... ;)

#16 ·
How was fitment? Was it worth it? Better than the duraflex crap I have been reading?

#15 ·
Im sure we can work the red ones in. I wasnt even worried about the hood, needed a new one anyway, it was messed up at the front, and this style didnt close with the windstar.

#20 ·
American Muscle Kaenen cobra hoods are da bomb from what I have been gathering and reading.

#22 ·
Hook came unlatched somehow, flew up, hit windshield, busted windshield, I almost died, fiberglass cracked in half, and I looked like a ass.

#24 ·
It didnt fir right with the windstar throttle body and new jig, so I guess the pressure killed it. The windshield pissed me off more than the hood, because I was gettin a new hood anyhow. The near death part wasnt all that fun either. lol

#25 ·
BTW, Where did you get your hood from? It is the style I want.

#27 ·
my brother has a Trufiber WS6 hood on his '01 Firebird sixer - no problems at all. Fit was spot on.

Well there is one tiny problem but it's on him. He's been running it in primer coat since last summer and it has a small chip on the one nostril.

_

Reactions: FLEX4.6
#28 ·
So did the trufiber bolt right up with no prroblems?

#29 ·
Yep. Like with most body panels it just needed to be smudged around to line up properly. But it's fine now, and since it's lighter than the OEM aluminum one, he's able to run it with one hood shock instead of two. Doesn't flex from the weight. He's been running it since last summer when a tree fell on his OEM one.

#30 ·
Sweet. I am leaning on the side of those then. Question is 2 1/2" cowl lift or 4"? Im digging the 4. the 4 will also support my soon project.

#31 ·
I gave everybody that gave good info + rep. I really appreciate the help guys.

#32 · (Edited)
#33 · (Edited)

94-98 4" cowl bolt-on hood for $270+ship. link is in my previous post

i emailed them for the same hood for 99-04 and they emailed this pic and said call to order.

#37 ·
Yea, I was thinking that 4" would be kinda ricey for a v6. 2 1/2" would prob be good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.