need some help american motor to import motor - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 Old May 28th, 2007, 11:54 PM Thread Starter

need some help american motor to import motor

hey i need some help I want to drop a 98 siliva engine in a 97 mustang
I need to no what this would invole and if it is worth it. I no most of you are thinking why whould some one would put a import motor in a mustang why not put a v8 in it. Everyone puts a v8 in it I want to do somethin different. So if any one has any advice about what i would need to do it, if it is worth it, ond price
thanks for your help
wade
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 Old May 29th, 2007, 12:01 AM
Administrator

i hate to be hostile, but leave. just leave. you must be smoking something.

but seriously, not my cup of tea (nor anyone else's for that matter)

but nobody here has ever done that swap or even thought about it, so you wont be able to find much help here

'65 Fastback
'89 LX 5.0
'90 LX 5.0
'92 LX 5.0
'92 LX 5.0
'97 Cobra

post #3 of 30 Old May 29th, 2007, 12:03 AM
ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn

Location: Looking for free hand jobs in poland springs nebraska... silly gooses

mmk their are gonna be the obvious new tranny new drive shaft new engine... new ecu and wiring harness... the accessories are gonna have to come of the old engine... so basically the whole heart needs to come out and you need to have an empty shell... then put the silvias heart into it stang... whats the engine code on the s15 motor?

just wonderin... also a lot of sixers say stay true to the nature and put in a high performance sixer... i think it would be a fun challenge to drop a vr6 turbo in

eff it, bought a wrx, finally.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 Old May 29th, 2007, 12:03 AM
ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn

and as to bwal's comment i would love to help... i think different is cool sometimes

post #5 of 30 Old May 29th, 2007, 12:04 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to ESG-642T Send a message via Yahoo to ESG-642T

This would cost you more money than probably importing a skyline ....

[CENTER][IMG]http://imageshack.us/a/img839/792/esg642t.png[/IMG][/center]

[CENTER]Hi, You can call me Kyle
[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="2"]Random ESG fact: Had a prochamber on his v6 before it was popular.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
post #6 of 30 Old May 29th, 2007, 12:05 AM
Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 97TunedMustang
yea seriously your wasting your time. you probably just got done watching tokyo drift didnt you?

if your on here in the first place asking what it would take to put that motor in a mustang you most definately dont have the knowledge or experience to be doing anything like that in the first place

95 Civic Ex, FnF1's, Morimoto Mini h1 retrofit,
GSR, bbk intake, BDL tb, 57trim t3/t4 8psi, 297whp
96 Civic Ex 2dr, G3 HID retrofit, FnF type 1's, Si cluster, Obd1 Z6 swap
post #7 of 30 Old May 29th, 2007, 12:05 AM
ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn

i bet not... if you were a good mechanic you could do it for 5grand... well im not sure on the motor cost and what not but it could be cheaper... then you expect

post #8 of 30 Old May 29th, 2007, 12:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onemanzu
i bet not... if you were a good mechanic you could do it for 5grand... well im not sure on the motor cost and what not but it could be cheaper... then you expect
]]

Your kidding right?

[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="2"]Random ESG fact: Had a prochamber on his v6 before it was popular.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
post #9 of 30 Old May 29th, 2007, 12:13 AM Thread Starter

ok i didnt see it watching tokyo drift. I thought it would be cool and something different every ones got a v8 or some shit. The engine will cost about 3500 with tranny. I am not a mechanic and do not have the no how I would would need some one to do it. What do you think it would cost to have it put in. I also whated to hear if you think it would be worth it and also can it be done for a reasonable price
thanks
wade
post #10 of 30 Old May 29th, 2007, 12:16 AM
Banned

Motor and tranny - 3500

Work done - upwards of 15,000$

post #11 of 30 Old May 29th, 2007, 12:16 AM

you'd need a kmember that they dont make for your car so you can have that engine.
work out the issue of the tranny location and the transimision you need. find a driveshaft that fits that tranny and your rear end
re-do yur exhaust
figure out what kinda hoses you need for the raditior now.
computer work
sad thing is this isnt near half way of what has to be done and you'd be looking at a shit ton of money to fork over
post #12 of 30 Old May 29th, 2007, 12:19 AM

also, you'd have to look in to a fwd conversion or make the fwd tranny hook up to the back LMAO! man o man, a fwd conversion on a mustang

wtf are you trying to do with american muscle
post #13 of 30 Old May 29th, 2007, 12:20 AM
Banned

I think i would take my chances with a Loan to buy brand new vette before I bought that -

post #14 of 30 Old May 29th, 2007, 12:20 AM
ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn

well like you said new tranny engine = 3500
computer 1G

new home made k member bout 600

labor = bout 5 G all your doin is custom engine and tranny mount ... cutting a new hole in the floor and puttin in an 8.8 rear end... wiring it all up and putting a hose to the radiator... thats what not even 10G for something different i think it could be done

hater

post #15 of 30 Old May 29th, 2007, 12:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
well like you said new tranny engine = 3500
computer 1G

new home made k member bout 600

labor = bout 5 G all your doin is custom engine and tranny mount ... cutting a new hole in the floor and puttin in an 8.8 rear end... wiring it all up and putting a hose to the radiator... thats what not even 10G for something different i think it could be done

hater
Its not that simple.

Kmember, motor mounts, entire fuel system has to be re done, computer has to be worked on, wiring, gauges have to be done, tranny has to be mounted up, you need a rear end, car has to be tuned, and blah blah blah blah blah.... Plus i don't remember if the sylvia is FWD , but isn't it left hand drive?

If you find a shop crazy enought to undertake this project at 75$ an hour, 5,000$ only gives you 66hours. This is gonna be like a 2 week project -

post #16 of 30 Old May 29th, 2007, 12:33 AM
ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn

its a rear wheel drive car... speakin of tokyo drift cuz i know each and everyone of you saw it... its the crumpled up beer can in the back of the shop... the same engine they pull out of that car is the one he is talkin bout

i say you get the silvia... and just transfer everything over... even the k member then just fab it to fit... its just a bunch of metal...

post #17 of 30 Old May 29th, 2007, 12:34 AM
Banned

Or keep the sylvia, much more rare than a 97 pos mustang -

post #18 of 30 Old May 29th, 2007, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSStang
Or keep the sylvia, much more rare than a 97 pos mustang -
yeah...I kinda agree with that, a silvia would be cooler than a silvia engine in a Mustang. I like you're idea for how different it is, but I'd just keep the silvia, those are nice cars.
but hey if you have a retarded amount of money that you don't know what else to do with....go for it.
post #19 of 30 Old May 29th, 2007, 03:09 PM

Re: need some help american motor to import motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadepetersen
hey i need some help I want to drop a 98 siliva engine in a 97 mustang
I need to no what this would invole and if it is worth it. I no most of you are thinking why whould some one would put a import motor in a mustang why not put a v8 in it. Everyone puts a v8 in it I want to do somethin different. So if any one has any advice about what i would need to do it, if it is worth it, ond price
thanks for your help
wade

The Fast and the Furious can poison some peoples minds like this individual......first off forget u ever seen tokyo drift because thats where u got the idea from so lets leave it at that...2nd in the movie they didnt even bother drifting with that motor they did it was a small block V8 which made it easier having straight muscle for the fastback....3rd do you even know what a Silvia motor is ? without checking up on google or some search engine...another thing...that Silvia in Tokyo drift had a Skyline motorswap....which was a 6cyl as opposed to a 4cyl....now a mustang isnt a small or lite weight car...my buddy has a s13 silvia and his car weighs nothing compared to a mustang and thats with full interior...he may not have the back seats but he does have a stereo setup in its place...why dont u get rid of ur mustang and get a 240sx or 180sx and do the swap...thats like a V6 getting a V8 for a 240...its common and easier to do then a V8 swap in a 6....Thats like me doing the S15 Silvia headlight conversion to my 2002 Mustang...it can be done on the 99-04 Mustangs but what for ?
post #20 of 30 Old May 29th, 2007, 05:05 PM

Quote:
its a rear wheel drive car... speakin of tokyo drift cuz i know each and everyone of you saw it... its the crumpled up beer can in the back of the shop... the same engine they pull out of that car is the one he is talkin bout

i say you get the silvia... and just transfer everything over... even the k member then just fab it to fit... its just a bunch of metal...

really u think thats a silvia motor ? did you see Sr20 on it ? looked like a RB26DET...Syline R34 GTR motor...thats the swap for those S15 Silvias....nissan 240s and 180s usually get the silvia motor unless they stuff in a skyline motor which usually isnt the case here in the states
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page