Is that a GT? - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 Old January 12th, 2012, 02:24 AM Thread Starter
Regular

Is that a GT?

I got sick of hearing ppl ask me, is that a GT? 99% of ppl have a perception of a v6 and its not good. I know, one of the most dissapointing things you can tell people when they've followed you for miles, causing near accidents behind you just so they can stay close enough to keep taking it all in, is that its a v6. It sucks when everyone thinks your car is the hottest car they've ever seen untill they find out its a v6 poser. It can be really heart breaking when 3 Pamela Anderson types want to jump your bones, right now, in the stang, but quickly dissapear when they can't find the muscle. No, not the muscle in your pants, the one under the hood. lol
So, heres what I say when they ask, is that a GT? I say, no its the cyclone. They always say huh? So, I say yeah, its the new Gt killer. (technically true, it is probably faster than 90% of the v8 mustangs on the road) If thats all that is said, they usually drive off drueling all over themselves; putting your car in the category of a Boss or GT500.
After that, If they want more info, thats when I tell em about the new engine and how awesome the new v6's are. They always leave with a totally different opinion of the v6 and most times they want one now, too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 Old January 12th, 2012, 03:28 AM
Banned

lame...it's v6...be proud of it and don't make it sound like anything else...if people don't like it because of it's engine then who cares..hell my hood scoop clearly states...

3.9L V6
post #3 of 30 Old January 12th, 2012, 05:33 PM Thread Starter
Regular

Far from ashamed

I didnt word my point right. I am far from ashamed of this 2011 v6. I rather have it over any other model. You expect the GT, Boss and etc to be awesome performance cars, but these new V6 are amazing compared to any v6 I have ever been in and a lot of v8's.. It would just be cool if when ppl ask what model of mustang is that? You say, its a 3.7. They say, hey everyone it is one of the new 3.7 mustangs. {{mob of ppl run over}} LOL. Im joking of course but you no what I mean. Was'nt too long back, that a crate motor like that 3.7 v6 would have cost as much as the whole car does now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 Old January 12th, 2012, 05:36 PM
Priest of the Car Gods

Well, there's your answer. When someone asks you if it's a GT, you just say, "no, it's a 3.7L, it's faster than most GTs". Bimbos don't know what displacment means, idiots will just hear "faster" and people mostly knowledgeable will know the awesomeness of the 3.7L DOHC V6.

Function > Form, always
post #5 of 30 Old January 12th, 2012, 05:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReverendDexter View Post
Well, there's your answer. When someone asks you if it's a GT, you just say, "no, it's a 3.7L, it's faster than most GTs". Bimbos don't know what displacment means, idiots will just hear "faster" and people mostly knowledgeable will know the awesomeness of the 3.7L DOHC V6.
winner winner chicken dinner...
post #6 of 30 Old January 12th, 2012, 07:28 PM

Some girl at a car show made fun of me because my friend has a 5.0 and I have the same color in a V6 (with every bolt on you can get plus a few extras). You don't have to lie. Just go out and rape all the V8's that think you're a loser. With no cats, BBK headers, and Magnaflow Competitions, I'm louder than every single 5.0 that I've heard in person including my friend's that has no cats and Magnaflow Streets. Just prove people wrong...

Last edited by F8L GT; January 13th, 2012 at 01:52 AM.
post #7 of 30 Old January 13th, 2012, 01:34 AM
Banned

yeah white smoking a guy on the street with a burnout....sounds really cool
post #8 of 30 Old January 13th, 2012, 01:52 AM
Formerly whyxitx

i get asked it all the time. I just laugh and go

"no, it's a slow as tits sixxer"

then the say i have a good looking car.

Looks get the girls usually

2017 Nitrous Blue Focus RS
1993 Ford Ranger

1997 Cobra - SOLD

Professional Door Dildo Remover
post #9 of 30 Old January 13th, 2012, 12:10 PM
Priest of the Car Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyxitx View Post
Looks get the superficial bimbos usually
FTFY.

Function > Form, always
post #10 of 30 Old January 13th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macdf2 View Post
I got sick of hearing ppl ask me, is that a GT? 99% of ppl have a perception of a v6 and its not good. I know, one of the most dissapointing things you can tell people when they've followed you for miles, causing near accidents behind you just so they can stay close enough to keep taking it all in, is that its a v6. It sucks when everyone thinks your car is the hottest car they've ever seen untill they find out its a v6 poser. It can be really heart breaking when 3 Pamela Anderson types want to jump your bones, right now, in the stang, but quickly dissapear when they can't find the muscle. No, not the muscle in your pants, the one under the hood. lol
So, heres what I say when they ask, is that a GT? I say, no its the cyclone. They always say huh? So, I say yeah, its the new Gt killer. (technically true, it is probably faster than 90% of the v8 mustangs on the road) If thats all that is said, they usually drive off drueling all over themselves; putting your car in the category of a Boss or GT500.
After that, If they want more info, thats when I tell em about the new engine and how awesome the new v6's are. They always leave with a totally different opinion of the v6 and most times they want one now, too.
I've NEVER in my life put another down for their car..EVER! because I love Mustangs period. Now, that said, if you write this post then turn around and say you love yours (and in the initial post say you lie all the time about it) well, it makes me wonder really. I like V6, I like foxbody, I LOVE mine, and like your 2011 V6. That said, don't lie and if you feel that you need to create some new " mutant strain" of muscle car when the chicks ask, maybe you should consider trading up and getting a V8....you'll be happier, no longer lying to yourself and maybe get laid with the "Pam Anderson type" that are obviously shallow and clueless.

Just my $0.02. Just be true and do YOU!!

-----------------------------------------------
2011 Mustang 5.0 GT, 6MT, 3.73's
Performance white, Roush CAI, Roush Axle Back
post #11 of 30 Old January 13th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Enthusiast

If you need a car to get laid you obviously have other problems.
post #12 of 30 Old January 13th, 2012, 06:34 PM
Formerly whyxitx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReverendDexter View Post
FTFY.
for the fucking yaris?

Yaris' do not fit in here!

2017 Nitrous Blue Focus RS
1993 Ford Ranger

1997 Cobra - SOLD

Professional Door Dildo Remover
post #13 of 30 Old January 13th, 2012, 06:47 PM
Official Thread Killer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangluvr1970 View Post
I've NEVER in my life put another down for their car..EVER! because I love Mustangs period. Now, that said, if you write this post then turn around and say you love yours (and in the initial post say you lie all the time about it) well, it makes me wonder really. I like V6, I like foxbody, I LOVE mine, and like your 2011 V6. That said, don't lie and if you feel that you need to create some new " mutant strain" of muscle car when the chicks ask, maybe you should consider trading up and getting a V8....you'll be happier, no longer lying to yourself and maybe get laid with the "Pam Anderson type" that are obviously shallow and clueless.

Just my $0.02. Just be true and do YOU!!
two words.... Mustang II

I don't personally know anyone who could love that stang.

Now given a few years and a * touch-up (and other mods) it's tolerable (minus tiny ass wheels & tires and giant bumper guards) owever it somehow makes me think more of the same year 'maro look-a-like

stang

maro

Toss in a v6 to that grandfather car and you may as well be a nude female in the sandbox (stan's and iraq/iran....not a litteral sandbox)

'06 v6 - sold
'07 GT/CS - 10/10/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCStang View Post
Well my ass ain't going to fill it self motherfucker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xocolleenox View Post
I thought it was big enough Rukus.
post #14 of 30 Old January 13th, 2012, 06:49 PM
Priest of the Car Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeRukus View Post
Now given a few years and a Shelby touch-up (and other mods) it's tolerable (minus tiny ass wheels & tires and giant bumper guards)
Wha-huh? What did Shelby have to do with the Cobra II/King Cobra?

Function > Form, always
post #15 of 30 Old January 13th, 2012, 06:55 PM
Official Thread Killer

Garage
Sorry, i tend to treat the MII like Germany and WWII and pretend it never happened.

I didn't know shelby wasn't involved with the cobraII

Fixed original post for ya

'06 v6 - sold
'07 GT/CS - 10/10/13

Quote:
Quote:
post #16 of 30 Old January 23rd, 2012, 05:08 AM
More average than ever

305 HP from a V6 while getting 31 mpg is pretty impressive in my opinion.
post #17 of 30 Old January 23rd, 2012, 03:42 PM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowbaltSS View Post
305 HP from a V6 while getting 31 mpg is pretty impressive in my opinion.
31mpg if you are feathering the gas and taking a minute to reach cruising speeds..

I'm an admitted leadfoot, and also have some of the worst driving conditions to try to get good mileage out of any car (parking lot commute both ways for the most part..) I'm scraping 20MPG and that's generally with 1-2 trips to downtown ATL on the weekend/per tank of gas, to see friends/events that helps get the MPGs up into the 'acceptable' range. (That's with tune/cai which gave me about 1-2 MPG gain) It is a Effing pig at idle, which if you know ATL traffic - you're parking-lotting it home in most cases..

Now, once it's into the open about 60 or so with open road, sure I break into mid 20's for mileage.. I could see a road trip on a full tank of non-stop interstate cruising getting 31.. Anything else I call BS unless you're pulling a driving miss daisy behind the wheel, and/or certainly not driving in a major metropolitan area.

Now the 305hp bit, yes that is fun. the 31 mpg bit - not so much.

SMR# 2071
Eibach Pro Plus kit: Shocks, springs, swaybars - Adj. Panhard bar - Eibach LCA's
JLT CAI - Bama Tuner running 93R - 18x9 GT500 AM Wheels, 255 Sumitomo Shoes
post #18 of 30 Old January 23rd, 2012, 06:24 PM
Regular

OLD DUDE ALERT--First up-close experience with a Mustang was when the best friend I grew up with purchased a 66 notchback for his second car. He asked me if I wanted to go with him to pick it up. It was used (he purchased it in 68) and he found it in the local paper. When we pulled up, it was a beauty, all red w/tan-beige interior. Three things stood out on the outside:dark center, ET 5-spoke mags w/goodyear wide oval polyglas tires mounted, dual exhaust and nicely installed hood pins with small padlocks in them. Oh, there was one other thing. At the front of the front fender there was an interesting emblem. It was a wide V with raised lettering stating "Hi-Performance 289" placed in front of the V. The interior was pretty basic except for the "Rally Pak" tach & clock combo on the steering column and the Hurst Shifter with T-Handle. I knew nothing about the car other than I already knew that I liked Mustangs. But when my friend drove the car home on a wet, drizzly day, he couldn't keep from fish tailing at almost every take-off. And the sound of that motor, it wasn't stock, I could tell that as a passenger. I began to poke around and opened the glove box. It was a treasure chest really, as it had all the paper work on everything that the previous owner had installed. Offenhauser 360 high rise aluminum manifold. Carroll Shelby cam, springs, lifters and valves, Hedman Headers and Holley 750 dual-line carb. We never knew what gears it had, but we did know that it was a posi-lok by virtue of the multiple burnouts performed on the first dry day. That little car was a beast and 68 was in the middle of the displacement war. Mopar 383's were everywhere & then there were the Hemi 426's and 440's, GM had 396's, 400's and 406's & the occasional 427. Even American Motors eventually produced a 401. And then there were the badges, GTO's, Roadrunners, GTX's, RT's, Gran Sports, SS's, RS's, Trans Ams, etc. etc. etc. My friend and I would love to go out in his plain looking little 66 notchback and kick-butt on higher priced, larger displacement show-offs who were often left with drop-jaw syndrome. His car had no stripes, no flares, no scoops, not a thing (other than the padlocked hood) that would suggest it was about to kick your large displacement ass. And when they would ask, whadda u got in that thing, the sick look was priceless when you told em it was a 289. We have nothing to apologize for. Make your ride look as sick as you want to, you got nothing to be ashamed of and besides it supports the investment the aftermarket industry makes to provide goodies for our cars. And keep buying performance parts whenever available for the same reason. Thanks, American Muscle for giving us all something to shoot for in terms of performance and if you don't have the budget for that, you're still quicker than 80% of the vehicles on the road and if you make the right mods, better looking than 90% of the vehicles on the road. And if you think of it, next time you get a chance, raise a toast to the "little guys".
post #19 of 30 Old January 25th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeRukus View Post
two words.... Mustang II

I don't personally know anyone who could love that stang.
lol, you must not know your mustang history.

The Mustang II was the car that saved the mustang line. we wouldn't have anything close to a mustang if it wasn't for that car. That car wasn't offered in a V8 b/c when it came out was the peak of the gas crisis. If they didn't make an economical version the mustang lineage would have been scrapped by ford. And then who knows what, if anything, we would have now.

I would love to find one and restore it one day when funds allow. They are a great and arguably the most important link in the Mustang story.

Yes they are slow, yes they are ugly, but it was the right car at the right time.

2003 Azure Blue Mach 1 - KB, Suspension, Bolt-ons.
497hp, 460tq.
post #20 of 30 Old January 25th, 2012, 05:02 PM
Official Thread Killer

Garage
It may have saved the Mustang line... still doesn't mean I'll ever love it.

If a fat chick pulled you from a car about to hit you... would you do her?

...would you?

'06 v6 - sold
'07 GT/CS - 10/10/13

Quote:
Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page