Forums at Modded Mustangs

Forums at Modded Mustangs (https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/)
-   V6 Mustangs (https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/v6-mustangs/)
-   -   Starting mods? (https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/v6-mustangs/265201-starting-mods.html)

AngeloScuro June 5th, 2012 02:12 PM

Starting mods?

I just bought a 2006 v6 mustang 5 speed manual, as far as I can tell it is all stock. I was wonder what would be some good mods to start with and what your first mods were? I am looking more towards appearance/sound mods then performance but suggestions for either one would be great!

Tanner05 June 8th, 2012 10:02 PM

I started with rims, because the stock 16s are awful, IMO.
Then I did a GT front bumper, grille and CDC Chin spoiler.

Those mods alone will make your car look completely different.

Donta1979 June 8th, 2012 11:11 PM

Tires, rims, new rear/front bumper,maybe a new grille, kn cold air intake, duel exhaust and headers.

AngeloScuro June 9th, 2012 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tanner05 (Post 4539194)
I started with rims, because the stock 16s are awful, IMO.
Then I did a GT front bumper, grille and CDC Chin spoiler.

Those mods alone will make your car look completely different.

Do you know if you can use the OEM GT grille if you have a GT bumper? I really want to put fog lights in but everyone is saying the GT grille doesn't fit in the v6.

Donta1979 June 9th, 2012 05:10 AM

You can but you have to move some things I do believe due to mounting it that are in the way you could get the v6 one "grille" with fog lights. I would just get the gt grille and move the horn"believe that is what is in the way. But could be wrong"

BEHEMOTH5 June 10th, 2012 07:02 PM

Duals for appearance,not so much for performance. The first mod should be a TUNER,if you decide you want a CAI get one that comes with a tuner,otherwise it will be pretty worthless

Coops6er June 11th, 2012 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngeloScuro (Post 4539620)
Do you know if you can use the OEM GT grille if you have a GT bumper? I really want to put fog lights in but everyone is saying the GT grille doesn't fit in the v6.

You can make it fit. Ask me how I know :)

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/l...n/0ae0a2a7.jpg

Senile Tomato June 20th, 2012 07:59 PM

Sorry, read it wrong. Appearance wise, I would definitely suggest louvers, such as these:

Mustang Quarter Window Louvers & Scoops at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

Ford Mustang Rear Window Louvers at AmericanMuscle - Free Shipping!

I also really like the blacked out look, which I have done with the tail lights, fog lights, and headlights:

Mustang Smoked Fog Light Tint (05-13) at AmericanMuscle.com 26180 - Free Shipping!
Mustang Smoked Headlight Covers (05-09) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!
Mustang Smoked Taillight Tint (05-09) at AmericanMuscle.com 26061 - Free Shipping!

I prefer getting these covers over actually painting your own or replacing them because of price and the option to take them off whenever you please.

For sound, I really like the FR500's on the v6 with some aftermarket headers....

Good luck!

AngeloScuro June 21st, 2012 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senile Tomato (Post 4566005)
Sorry, read it wrong. Appearance wise, I would definitely suggest louvers, such as these:

Mustang Quarter Window Louvers & Scoops at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

Ford Mustang Rear Window Louvers at AmericanMuscle - Free Shipping!

I also really like the blacked out look, which I have done with the tail lights, fog lights, and headlights:

Mustang Smoked Fog Light Tint (05-13) at AmericanMuscle.com 26180 - Free Shipping!
Mustang Smoked Headlight Covers (05-09) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!
Mustang Smoked Taillight Tint (05-09) at AmericanMuscle.com 26061 - Free Shipping!

I prefer getting these covers over actually painting your own or replacing them because of price and the option to take them off whenever you please.

For sound, I really like the FR500's on the v6 with some aftermarket headers....

Good luck!

I am definitely going for the louvers, my car actually came with smoked headlights but I am going to replace those with halo lights.

Thanks for your input on the sound, I will be upgrading that eventually and had no idea where to start

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Majrdad June 23rd, 2012 10:59 PM

+1 on the louvers... get the aluminum ones... they rule!.... Enjoy... Ken :-)

bird2920 June 29th, 2012 11:53 AM

Stubby 8inch antenna? :P

Dbovine June 29th, 2012 02:55 PM

Look for some take off or used GT wheels and Tires, and a set of springs. and Im a big fan of the headlight splitters especially if you go to a GT grill with fogs

AngeloScuro June 30th, 2012 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bird2920 (Post 4585675)
Stubby 8inch antenna? :P

I like my antenna the size it is and there is nothing wrong with him lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dbovine (Post 4586035)
Look for some take off or used GT wheels and Tires, and a set of springs. and Im a big fan of the headlight splitters especially if you go to a GT grill with fogs

I was looking at the gt500 wheels, but wheels are defiantly on the list.

Sent from my DROID RAZR