4.3 Turbo Stroker Build - Forums at Modded Mustangs
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 118 Old June 21st, 2012, 10:04 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast
 
JTs03v6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: East Coast
Posts: 2,738
     
iTrader: 0 reviews
4.3 Turbo Stroker Build

Going to build this motor pretty soon but dont know who I should let build it. ssm, dave dalke, gss, pro engine 4miles from the house. Not going back to precision engine.

Shooting for 650hp, mid 9's 1/4 or low 6's 1/8th, 2800lb chasis, 6765 billet turbo, thinking a 218/218 cam will be plenty plus be easy to tune and keep the back pressure to a minimum.

Who should I get to build this motor and machine the block?

Turbo 4.3 stroker, 6.73 @ 106mph...still tuning
https://moddedmustangs.com/forums/v6-...ker-build.html
JTs03v6 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 118 Old June 21st, 2012, 10:16 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 12,740
           
iTrader: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ESG-642T Send a message via Yahoo to ESG-642T
may as well let ssms do it....

You also may need more cam.

[CENTER][IMG]http://imageshack.us/a/img839/792/esg642t.png[/IMG][/center]

[CENTER]Hi, You can call me Kyle
[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="2"]Random ESG fact: Had a prochamber on his v6 before it was popular.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
ESG-642T is offline  
post #3 of 118 Old June 21st, 2012, 10:41 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast
 
JTs03v6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: East Coast
Posts: 2,738
     
iTrader: 0 reviews
I'd like for him to do it but his mark up is so damn high from the machine shop. Maybe if he can be a little more competiative I'd let him do it.

Turbo 4.3 stroker, 6.73 @ 106mph...still tuning
https://moddedmustangs.com/forums/v6-...ker-build.html
JTs03v6 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 118 Old June 22nd, 2012, 12:53 AM
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: WA
Posts: 185
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
I agree with you on SSMS. Great guy but the mark up is to much for me as well.

V6 swap to 347 Stroker
http://youtu.be/Bmb8YshZlqw
SleepV6CR is offline  
post #5 of 118 Old June 22nd, 2012, 01:36 AM
Regular
 
davidcseifert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Whit Hall, AR
Posts: 80
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
I would avoid GSS, you'll end up with JB weld in the block somewhere...

BV heads, P&P lower, comp 218/226 cam, 4.2, 3k stall, flow 40's, O/R x-pipe, Pacesetter lt's, Xcal2 Ortiz 93 tune, Windstar, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, SFC's, MM LCA's, cut springs, kyb shocks/struts
davidcseifert is offline  
post #6 of 118 Old June 22nd, 2012, 07:01 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast
 
JTs03v6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: East Coast
Posts: 2,738
     
iTrader: 0 reviews
Why do you say Tom would use jb weld in a built short block? They did one hell of a job on henry's (I think his name is) car.

Either way, think I'm going to go with dd. His price is about the best, he has all the tools to build,balance,blueprint this motor. I trust his work as much as ssm because he has been doing this for a very long time.

Next up, what cam should i be looking at...

Looking to make peak power between 6000-6500 rpm but I want to take full advantage of this smaller compressor in the low 5000rpm range.

Turbo 4.3 stroker, 6.73 @ 106mph...still tuning
https://moddedmustangs.com/forums/v6-...ker-build.html
JTs03v6 is offline  
post #7 of 118 Old June 22nd, 2012, 08:55 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 12,740
           
iTrader: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ESG-642T Send a message via Yahoo to ESG-642T
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTs03v6 View Post
Why do you say Tom would use jb weld in a built short block? They did one hell of a job on henry's (I think his name is) car.

Either way, think I'm going to go with dd. His price is about the best, he has all the tools to build,balance,blueprint this motor. I trust his work as much as ssm because he has been doing this for a very long time.

Next up, what cam should i be looking at...

Looking to make peak power between 6000-6500 rpm but I want to take full advantage of this smaller compressor in the low 5000rpm range.

Because, his heads from tom had jb weld

[CENTER][IMG]http://imageshack.us/a/img839/792/esg642t.png[/IMG][/center]

[CENTER]Hi, You can call me Kyle
[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="2"]Random ESG fact: Had a prochamber on his v6 before it was popular.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
ESG-642T is offline  
post #8 of 118 Old June 23rd, 2012, 09:50 AM
Premium Member
 
99 BLUE V6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PALM BEACH FLORIDA
Posts: 1,635
   
iTrader: 1 reviews
JT I could help you out some. If you research freight you could probably get a good deal from - freight quote.com



pm when your close to ready
99 BLUE V6 is offline  
post #9 of 118 Old June 23rd, 2012, 02:57 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 12,740
           
iTrader: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ESG-642T Send a message via Yahoo to ESG-642T
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 BLUE V6 View Post
JT I could help you out some. If you research freight you could probably get a good deal from - freight quote.com



pm when your close to ready

I think I would let this guy help you out.

[CENTER][IMG]http://imageshack.us/a/img839/792/esg642t.png[/IMG][/center]

[CENTER]Hi, You can call me Kyle
[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="2"]Random ESG fact: Had a prochamber on his v6 before it was popular.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
ESG-642T is offline  
post #10 of 118 Old June 23rd, 2012, 07:09 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast
 
JTs03v6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: East Coast
Posts: 2,738
     
iTrader: 0 reviews
Will do bruce. btw...thats an amazing shop you guys have down there. When I walked into my local machine shop...oh lawd!!! lol, clutter fuck would be the closest to describing it.

Turbo 4.3 stroker, 6.73 @ 106mph...still tuning
https://moddedmustangs.com/forums/v6-...ker-build.html
JTs03v6 is offline  
post #11 of 118 Old June 27th, 2012, 12:07 AM
Regular
 
davidcseifert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Whit Hall, AR
Posts: 80
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESG-642T View Post
Because, his heads from tom had jb weld
^^^ this.... and the second (current ones) have a weld that cracked... so yeah no one will ever get a good rep about them from me

BV heads, P&P lower, comp 218/226 cam, 4.2, 3k stall, flow 40's, O/R x-pipe, Pacesetter lt's, Xcal2 Ortiz 93 tune, Windstar, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, SFC's, MM LCA's, cut springs, kyb shocks/struts
davidcseifert is offline  
post #12 of 118 Old June 27th, 2012, 07:38 AM
Premium Member
 
99 BLUE V6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PALM BEACH FLORIDA
Posts: 1,635
   
iTrader: 1 reviews
Time to chop up a old head on bandsaw and take a good look. Are these brake through's all in the same spot?
99 BLUE V6 is offline  
post #13 of 118 Old June 27th, 2012, 11:17 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast
 
JTs03v6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: East Coast
Posts: 2,738
     
iTrader: 0 reviews
Cam specs are remaining secret

Turbo 4.3 stroker, 6.73 @ 106mph...still tuning
https://moddedmustangs.com/forums/v6-...ker-build.html

Last edited by JTs03v6; July 6th, 2012 at 06:56 PM.
JTs03v6 is offline  
post #14 of 118 Old June 28th, 2012, 12:30 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 12,740
           
iTrader: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ESG-642T Send a message via Yahoo to ESG-642T
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTs03v6 View Post
224 228 114 580 call for a good time

If those are cam specs, they are mediocre at best

[CENTER][IMG]http://imageshack.us/a/img839/792/esg642t.png[/IMG][/center]

[CENTER]Hi, You can call me Kyle
[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="2"]Random ESG fact: Had a prochamber on his v6 before it was popular.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
ESG-642T is offline  
post #15 of 118 Old June 28th, 2012, 02:48 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast
 
JTs03v6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: East Coast
Posts: 2,738
     
iTrader: 0 reviews
Nothing about this build is mediocre.

Turbo 4.3 stroker, 6.73 @ 106mph...still tuning
https://moddedmustangs.com/forums/v6-...ker-build.html
JTs03v6 is offline  
post #16 of 118 Old June 28th, 2012, 05:22 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 12,740
           
iTrader: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ESG-642T Send a message via Yahoo to ESG-642T
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTs03v6 View Post
Nothing about this build is mediocre.
You want to run 9s lol

[CENTER][IMG]http://imageshack.us/a/img839/792/esg642t.png[/IMG][/center]

[CENTER]Hi, You can call me Kyle
[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="2"]Random ESG fact: Had a prochamber on his v6 before it was popular.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
ESG-642T is offline  
post #17 of 118 Old June 28th, 2012, 10:01 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast
 
JTs03v6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: East Coast
Posts: 2,738
     
iTrader: 0 reviews
I could probablly squeeze 140mph out of this compressor. May drop the coin on a 72gtq down the road but dont want to go much bigger than that. I'm building for high rpm so we'll see if the 67mm can keep up.


Bruce, what are your thoughts on a morana main girdle? I remember a post ron talked about a discussion with arp about the clamping force and sacraficing stud strengh because the nut is further down on the stud.

Turbo 4.3 stroker, 6.73 @ 106mph...still tuning
https://moddedmustangs.com/forums/v6-...ker-build.html
JTs03v6 is offline  
post #18 of 118 Old June 29th, 2012, 08:17 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast
 
JTs03v6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: East Coast
Posts: 2,738
     
iTrader: 0 reviews
Hmm, stock rockers are only good to .560 lift. Time for some roller rockers.

Turbo 4.3 stroker, 6.73 @ 106mph...still tuning
https://moddedmustangs.com/forums/v6-...ker-build.html
JTs03v6 is offline  
post #19 of 118 Old July 6th, 2012, 07:03 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast
 
JTs03v6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: East Coast
Posts: 2,738
     
iTrader: 0 reviews
Change of plans. Going with aftermarket valves so we can get more lift. Cam specs have been modified.

Turbo 4.3 stroker, 6.73 @ 106mph...still tuning
https://moddedmustangs.com/forums/v6-...ker-build.html
JTs03v6 is offline  
post #20 of 118 Old July 6th, 2012, 07:15 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 12,740
           
iTrader: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ESG-642T Send a message via Yahoo to ESG-642T
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTs03v6 View Post
Change of plans. Going with aftermarket valves so we can get more lift. Cam specs have been modified.
so whats the story now?

[CENTER][IMG]http://imageshack.us/a/img839/792/esg642t.png[/IMG][/center]

[CENTER]Hi, You can call me Kyle
[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="2"]Random ESG fact: Had a prochamber on his v6 before it was popular.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
ESG-642T is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome