How to remove, replace windshield - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old June 30th, 2012, 12:44 PM Thread Starter
hi you can call me mater

How to remove, replace windshield

Does anyone have a write up on how to remove and replace my windshield along with wiper cowl

03cristian

"I wonder if I sprayed some on my junk, I could go raw dog and not get herpes. But first I'd have to find a female willing to have relations."-kmac1622
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old June 30th, 2012, 01:06 PM
Wax on, Wax off

Send a message via Yahoo to Zatrekaz
Wiper cowl is easy:
  1. Remove both wiper arms
  2. Unbolt the A-Pillar's (bolt/screw lies in the door sill areas near the pillar)
  3. Pop both A Pillars over the fenders (I like to cover the fenders in painter's tape so it does not scratch)
  4. Remove plastis screws near botth of the cowl panel (have to open the hood to see them)
  5. Optional: Remove Hood (I find this makes removing the panel much eaiser and reduces chance of breaking it)
  6. Carfully begin to pry the panel out from around the A Pillars. Be slow, careful, and do not force it much as this panel can crack VERY easy. It is held on with push in clips after the screws are removed.

2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T
2006 Lexus 250 IS - Sold
2003 Mustang V6 - Sold
post #3 of 4 Old June 30th, 2012, 02:17 PM
M112'd Sixxer

Windshields are PITA. you need a long bar with a razor blade on the end to cut the urethane.

Start at the top/sides and work your way to the bottom. Once the windshield is out, go along the urethane and cut any and all flaps, try make it as flat as possible. Cut the nozzle on the new urethane tube into a v shape and go around the windshielf frame. Get a couple suction cups and put them on the windshield.

Gently place the new windshield in the frame and ensure proper clearance on all sides. Secure the top with some tape overnight and crack a window before closing the door, AND DO NOT SLAM THE DOOR, this could cause the windshield to pop out from the air pressure.

Ive changed 1 windshield at work and i will NEVER change another.

Sent from my droid using my fingers.

Garage:
1999 Mustang V6 M112 4R70W (Elise) Sponsored by Ortiz Performance
2013 Fiat 500 Turbo C510 (Rosso Rocket)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old June 30th, 2012, 02:27 PM Thread Starter
hi you can call me mater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fink View Post
Windshields are PITA. you need a long bar with a razor blade on the end to cut the urethane.

Start at the top/sides and work your way to the bottom. Once the windshield is out, go along the urethane and cut any and all flaps, try make it as flat as possible. Cut the nozzle on the new urethane tube into a v shape and go around the windshielf frame. Get a couple suction cups and put them on the windshield.

Gently place the new windshield in the frame and ensure proper clearance on all sides. Secure the top with some tape overnight and crack a window before closing the door, AND DO NOT SLAM THE DOOR, this could cause the windshield to pop out from the air pressure.

Ive changed 1 windshield at work and i will NEVER change another.

Sent from my droid using my fingers.
Why a long bar
And what do I need to remove to get the windshield out?
Could you post pics of the parts I need tl remove?

03cristian

"I wonder if I sprayed some on my junk, I could go raw dog and not get herpes. But first I'd have to find a female willing to have relations."-kmac1622
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page