Windstar help needed - Page 2 - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 147 Old September 5th, 2012, 05:44 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

hey sorry for not getting pics, its freaking raining like no other rite now...anyways how far have you gotten with the lines?

and those pink things are for your wires...you stick the ends in them

and the green port if for you pcv, rite down by the oil cap, and you should have a tee for that line also...and that where you plug your egr intoooo...or if you delete the egr you dont need that tee

on the intake one is for iac and the other barb is for the line coming off that bottom of your windstar

2000 saleen

Bullitt manifold swap, mac Lt's, o/r x pipe, borla Atak, Mgw short throw, 3.73 gears, Bilstein shocks/strust, H&r ss springs, caster camber plates, xxr 521 rims, tuned by ortiz performance

00-484
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 147 Old September 5th, 2012, 07:19 PM Thread Starter
MM Fanatic

Ok I picked up some hose and some double sided connector things and I have my dad extending the wires to the IAC and TPS (I think) now, all thats left after that is bolting the windstar down, figuring out what the yellow bit in the last picture goes to, and figuring out how to attach the throttle cable bracket. And then hoping nothing leaks afterwards, I think I might die if it does lol

So whats needed:

How do I attach the stock throttle cable bracket to the one ontop of the windstar?

And what is that yellow bit/whats it go to? I dont think I see any hoses or ports left open for it to go to
post #23 of 147 Old September 5th, 2012, 07:55 PM
2013 5.0

Send a message via AIM to slonison
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenShift View Post
Ok I picked up some hose and some double sided connector things and I have my dad extending the wires to the IAC and TPS (I think) now, all thats left after that is bolting the windstar down, figuring out what the yellow bit in the last picture goes to, and figuring out how to attach the throttle cable bracket. And then hoping nothing leaks afterwards, I think I might die if it does lol

So whats needed:

How do I attach the stock throttle cable bracket to the one ontop of the windstar?

And what is that yellow bit/whats it go to? I dont think I see any hoses or ports left open for it to go to
Green, where in ny are you located?

--
On the move

Steve's House

120+ V6 How-To's

2013Black 5.0
2002 Black Vert - Sold
1998 True Blue Coupe - Totaled
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 147 Old September 5th, 2012, 08:02 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:

So whats needed:

Hmmm idk man...I got vap kit...you got Danny's rite? And what yellow thing you talking about, what it look like?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App

2000 saleen

Bullitt manifold swap, mac Lt's, o/r x pipe, borla Atak, Mgw short throw, 3.73 gears, Bilstein shocks/strust, H&r ss springs, caster camber plates, xxr 521 rims, tuned by ortiz performance

00-484
post #25 of 147 Old September 5th, 2012, 08:04 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:

So whats needed:

Hmmm idk man, you got Danny's kit rite? What's the yellow piece look like?

2000 saleen

00-484
post #26 of 147 Old September 5th, 2012, 08:04 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Whoops double post lol

2000 saleen

00-484
post #27 of 147 Old September 5th, 2012, 08:16 PM
2013 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_horse View Post
Whoops double post lol

You can actually delete your post by editing and selecting delete post.

--
On the move

Steve's House

120+ V6 How-To's

2013Black 5.0
2002 Black Vert - Sold
post #28 of 147 Old September 5th, 2012, 08:20 PM
2013 5.0

Green 201-953-4093

Shoot me a text and if you get me tonight. I'll drive up tomorrow after work. And bring my tools and such. Plus you can look at my car.

--
On the move

Steve's House

120+ V6 How-To's

2013Black 5.0
2002 Black Vert - Sold
post #29 of 147 Old September 5th, 2012, 08:39 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonison View Post
You can actually delete your post by editing and selecting delete post.

--
On the move
For real! Didn't know that lol won't on my phone though lol

2000 saleen

00-484
post #30 of 147 Old September 5th, 2012, 09:25 PM Thread Starter
MM Fanatic

Well right now I have everything except the throttle cable. I cant get the bracket to sit right. I dont have the tools, knowledge, or patience to get it flat so Im done for the night with it. Ill post a picture after Im done eating of what I mean. I dont have a vise to be able to hammer it the way I want to

@Slonison, Im in St.Johnsville, NY currently. If I dont figure it out by then thatd be great. I dont have any money to give you now (dont get paid until the 13th) so I could send you some after that.

I also started up the car to see if it would run at least. Turned it over for a second and nothing, on the third try it started up but cut out after a second or two. Had my dad hold the TB open a bit and it stayed running but it was real rough. Danny asked if I primed it and I did replace a hose on the fuel line so hopefully thats it. If I have a huge vac leak and have to take everything back apart Ill want to shoot myself.

Lesson learned, leave future vehicles stock or else have a professional do it.
post #31 of 147 Old September 5th, 2012, 09:55 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
Well right now I have everything except the throttle cable. I cant get the bracket to sit right. I dont have the tools, knowledge, or patience to get it flat so Im done for the night with it. Ill post a picture after Im done eating of what I mean. I dont have a vise to be able to hammer it the way I want to

@Slonison, Im in St.Johnsville, NY currently. If I dont figure it out by then thatd be great. I dont have any money to give you now (dont get paid until the 13th) so I could send you some after that.

I also started up the car to see if it would run at least. Turned it over for a second and nothing, on the third try it started up but cut out after a second or two. Had my dad hold the TB open a bit and it stayed running but it was real rough. Danny asked if I primed it and I did replace a hose on the fuel line so hopefully thats it. If I have a huge vac leak and have to take everything back apart Ill want to shoot myself.

Lesson learned, leave future vehicles stock or else have a professional do it.
Yeah take a pic when you can...and how does the bracket stay on? And your almost there lol

2000 saleen

00-484
post #32 of 147 Old September 5th, 2012, 10:01 PM
2013 5.0

Ok, as far as the rough idling and shutdown. You're sure you don't have any vac leaks near the IAC right? I was having rough idle because the IAC bracket I made didn't have a IAC gasket.

Steve's House

120+ V6 How-To's

2013Black 5.0
2002 Black Vert - Sold
post #33 of 147 Old September 5th, 2012, 10:05 PM Thread Starter
MM Fanatic

Hell if I know. I might not have gotten the connector on completely. I was tired and REALLY REALLY did not want to take the windstar off again to get at it so I wiggled it back and forth for probably 5 minutes and thought I got it on all the way.
post #34 of 147 Old September 5th, 2012, 10:06 PM
2013 5.0

Hmmm, what does your IAC bracket look like?

Steve's House

120+ V6 How-To's

2013Black 5.0
2002 Black Vert - Sold
post #35 of 147 Old September 5th, 2012, 10:09 PM Thread Starter
MM Fanatic

You can see it some on the first page, 4th picture. If you need another from a different angle let me know I can go out to the garage and take one.
post #36 of 147 Old September 5th, 2012, 10:15 PM Thread Starter
MM Fanatic

Current state of affairs with the throttle cable bracket

post #37 of 147 Old September 6th, 2012, 10:59 AM Thread Starter
MM Fanatic

Captains log. Day 5 of the Windstar swap, problems discovered.

Knees sore from bending over the fenders. Fingers sore from turning bolts. Hands and face filthy.

Started up the car a couple more times, ran to the front and opened the TB a bit to keep it running so I could listen to it a bit. Was a whistling, upon inspection (via carb cleaner) I found a big hole on the TB that I JB welded. Its curing now, so when its done Ill sand it smooth, put the TB/intake tube back on and hope it runs smooth.

Got a mechanic from up the road coming down to see if he can bend the throttle cable bracket the way I need it. Hopefully this is the last day of the windstar swap.

Captain, out.
post #38 of 147 Old September 6th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Enthusiast

Things always turn into a project dont they..

2003 Mustang Mach 1 5 Speed: K&N CAI, MAC LT Headers, O/R X-pipe, Flowmaster 40s, 4.10s, NT05R Rear Tires, BAMA Tune
2000 Mustang V6 Convertable: Lt Headers, Divorced Duals w/ Flowmaster 40s, 8.8 with 4.10s, Comp Cams: 216/228, Trick Tuners Tune
post #39 of 147 Old September 6th, 2012, 11:11 AM Thread Starter
MM Fanatic

Oh thats for sure. Good luck with your build Scholl, unless youve done it a few times youll need it

Though youre replacing everything with "stock" parts so thatll help somewhat
post #40 of 147 Old September 6th, 2012, 12:09 PM Thread Starter
MM Fanatic

Jb weld set and I cut the part on the gasket surface smooth. Test fit the TB and noticed a gap still so I put my mouth on it and I could blow through it easily. I put RTV on the intake side of the TB gasket, put the gasket on, and put some more RTV on the opposite side and bolted the TB down. I wouldnt call it pretty but it beats vac leaks.

Im pretty confident that this was the only significant source of vac leaks, it was a pretty bad leak in the whole area. Hopefully itll run well enough to be drivable at least after the RTV sets. Ill try starting it again at 1:30. A bit over an hour and a half should give the RTV enough time that its solid I would think.

If theres still leaks then at least itll be able to run without me having to hold the TB open so I can search for the rest of the leaks easier.

All thats (hopefully) left now is the throttle cable bracket.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page