Like. Thanks man. Even though mine was a headache for you. Lol.
The headaches were 80% my doing, 15% whoever the turd was that machined the intake surface, and 5% you (The throttle cable bracket needed to be moved over like 3/8" or so but no big deal)
My screw ups included:
- Breaking the IMRC clips...Yes plural, I broke 4 of them in total.
- Not getting the clips and fixing the IMRC before putting the upper on, even though I was at the auto store twice and could have done it then and there
- Getting a couple of drops of coolant in my mouth which nearly caused me to barf all over the garage ( While you would think it would be common sense to NEVER EVER try and siphon out coolant using a piece of garden hose, I didnt seem to think that through properly)
- Putting a hole in a gas line on the fuel rail
- Not putting everything where I needed it before putting the upper intake in place and having to go and take it off 3 or 4 times after having it almost completely bolted down.
- And some other stupid things most likely
Car was still acting odd this morning. The IMRC's fixed but it still stalled on me a couple times trying to get out of the driveway. Got a code P1506 IAC over speed. Is it possible to have a vac leak only when the engine is cold? After it warms up it idles perfectly fine, but when I start it in the morning and the engine is probably 50 degrees or so it sputters and fluctuates and stalls. I left the hood up to have it cool down, Ill go out in a few hours and start spraying carb cleaner around and see if I can find anything and if I dont then Ill do it again early tomorrow morning so that the engines cold and maybe itll appear