What TECH Did You Do To Your Sixxer Today? - Page 134 - Forums at Modded Mustangs
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #2661 of 4132 Old November 20th, 2013, 07:05 AM
Just Cheesin'

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Red Pony Send a message via Yahoo to Mr. Red Pony
Stock 177k pump FTW!!! I have a walbro 255 waiting for when the stock pump finally dies. Lol

271rwhp N/A V6
R.I.P.

SC swap in the works. Slowly but surely.

The Name is Danny. I'm a GM Technician.
Job security.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2662 of 4132 Old November 20th, 2013, 10:59 AM
MOAR BOOST

Garage
yeah I may end up just going with the stryker 340 lph pump

Turbo Build Thread
post #2663 of 4132 Old November 20th, 2013, 11:01 AM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Toph6888
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSix View Post
yeah I may end up just going with the stryker 340 lph pump
Be like gaetz and just make a custom tank and get some fuel rails made so you can run return style fuel lol. The more I look at it, the more I get interested in just doing that lol.

Also, did you ever get your hot side in? When do you plan on putting it in the car? How much do you need to fab to get it in?

Coyote Swap Thread 416rwhp/375rwtq

Turbo V6 Build Thread 353rwhp/370rwtq @ 12psi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2664 of 4132 Old November 20th, 2013, 11:12 AM
MOAR BOOST

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toph6888 View Post
Be like gaetz and just make a custom tank and get some fuel rails made so you can run return style fuel lol. The more I look at it, the more I get interested in just doing that lol.

Also, did you ever get your hot side in? When do you plan on putting it in the car? How much do you need to fab to get it in?
I thought about going return style but too much money lol.

And the hotside got shipped to a buddies shop...and he wasn't there.... so now I'm waiting for him to go get it at the post office or something.

I'm hoping that I won't have to fab much to fit it.

Turbo Build Thread
post #2665 of 4132 Old November 20th, 2013, 11:44 AM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
I thought about going return style but too much money lol.

And the hotside got shipped to a buddies shop...and he wasn't there.... so now I'm waiting for him to go get it at the post office or something.

I'm hoping that I won't have to fab much to fit it.
Cool, you have to finish it before July so I'm not the only turbo sixer at the summit all mustang show.

post #2666 of 4132 Old November 20th, 2013, 11:50 AM
╚⊙ ⊙╝

Quote:
Cool, you have to finish it before July so I'm not the only turbo sixer at the summit all mustang show.
where in ohio are you? ill be driving to columbus again this year to meet some guys for the cruise to the american muscle show in PA

and for fuel i think im going to get a cobra tank, running a svt focus pump now, maybe cobra tank and dual focus pumps since I already have one

2000 V6 - Turbo
2005 Tahoe LT - DD
1994 GT - Parting Out
1998 GT - Parting Out

1995 GT - SOLD

Insta :@Southfour6[/CENTER]
post #2667 of 4132 Old November 20th, 2013, 01:10 PM
Fee Fie Foe Fum

Aeromotive A1000 FTW
post #2668 of 4132 Old November 20th, 2013, 02:01 PM
Enthusiast

well, today i bought my lightning maf and my m112 kit was shipped....major plus's

major negative...i left the car to run, something i do once a week to keep her circulated and charged...about 10 min give take....well today i am outside and turn around and the damn thing was smoking!!! ran over and shut her down, f#@cking thermostat locked shut and pegged the temp gauge. i let it cool down, refilled the coolant, checked the oil and she fired up again no hesitation. i dont know if any damage has been done or not. i didnt see any coolant / oil cross contamination. i am going to swap out thermostat this weekend. i am hoping since the engine has barely 1,500 miles since rebuild she will be ok.
if not...well back to the starting block.

M112 IN 2016
LT's on 2.5" MAC, 3.73 trac loc, M112
PARTS FOR SALE MAKE OFFERS - PM PLEASE
post #2669 of 4132 Old November 20th, 2013, 02:52 PM
MOAR BOOST

Garage
Quote:
the hope is to have it done by Carlisle All Ford Nationals - which is the first weekend in july. I think that should be pretty doable. I have almost all the parts and I don't think it should take more then a few weeks at most to put together.

dunno when the summit show is this year - I have two weddings I have to go to in july.

Turbo Build Thread
post #2670 of 4132 Old November 20th, 2013, 04:11 PM
CVH
Cyclone

Uploaded a new custom tune! Ready for the weekend....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	59834  

post #2671 of 4132 Old November 20th, 2013, 04:14 PM
Regular

Tucking my car away for the winter tomorrow but on the plus side, all I need for my m112 build is the plate!!
Also going to be swapping my cam over the winter. I would love to come to one of the mustang shows this year!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1999 V6 Mustang,
Visual mods:
smoked tails, blacked out valence and decklid. smoked projector headlights, black rims.

Performance mods:
4.10 gears, CAI, BBK shorty headers, O/R H Pipe, Dual flow 40s, winderstar upper intake, Cam
post #2672 of 4132 Old November 20th, 2013, 06:54 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose! View Post
where in ohio are you? ill be driving to columbus again this year to meet some guys for the cruise to the american muscle show in PA
I'm in Columbus Ohio, well the corner of columbus (dublin).

Quote:
the hope is to have it done by Carlisle All Ford Nationals - which is the first weekend in july. I think that should be pretty doable. I have almost all the parts and I don't think it should take more then a few weeks at most to put together.

dunno when the summit show is this year - I have two weddings I have to go to in july.
I think its usually like the last weekend of July. Don't know for sure though. I said that too about when I woudl have it done, but you are just putting the turbo on right? Doing anything wtih building an engine yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyplaya93 View Post
Tucking my car away for the winter tomorrow but on the plus side, all I need for my m112 build is the plate!!
Also going to be swapping my cam over the winter. I would love to come to one of the mustang shows this year!

Rockford IL is only 7 hrs from summit, you could make it lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by warthogdriver View Post
well, today i bought my lightning maf and my m112 kit was shipped....major plus's

major negative...i left the car to run, something i do once a week to keep her circulated and charged...about 10 min give take....well today i am outside and turn around and the damn thing was smoking!!! ran over and shut her down, f#@cking thermostat locked shut and pegged the temp gauge. i let it cool down, refilled the coolant, checked the oil and she fired up again no hesitation. i dont know if any damage has been done or not. i didnt see any coolant / oil cross contamination. i am going to swap out thermostat this weekend. i am hoping since the engine has barely 1,500 miles since rebuild she will be ok.
if not...well back to the starting block.
My coolant scared the hell out of me too. I had that happen where the gauge just kept going up and up because I had air in the system. Here's to hoping everything is ok man.

post #2673 of 4132 Old November 20th, 2013, 07:29 PM
Regular

I'll see if I can get a group of buddies to go lol. Where is the summit show at exactly?

1999 V6 Mustang,
Visual mods:
smoked tails, blacked out valence and decklid. smoked projector headlights, black rims.

Performance mods:
4.10 gears, CAI, BBK shorty headers, O/R H Pipe, Dual flow 40s, winderstar upper intake, Cam
post #2674 of 4132 Old November 20th, 2013, 09:26 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyplaya93 View Post
I'll see if I can get a group of buddies to go lol. Where is the summit show at exactly?

I'm talking of the Summit Racing All Mustang Show at Summits headquarters in Tallmadge Ohio.

post #2675 of 4132 Old November 20th, 2013, 10:38 PM
MOAR BOOST

Garage
Quote:

I think its usually like the last weekend of July. Don't know for sure though. I said that too about when I woudl have it done, but you are just putting the turbo on right? Doing anything wtih building an engine yet?
Just the turbo. Hence why I don't foresee it taking very long.

Turbo Build Thread
post #2676 of 4132 Old November 21st, 2013, 07:15 AM
Just Cheesin'

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Red Pony Send a message via Yahoo to Mr. Red Pony
Ok. Got my valve and guide ordered. I'll take the head to the machine shop Friday and get it back the following Monday. Then next weekend it's going back together. Sofa king ready to drive a 2wd car that can pass a V6 truck. Lol

271rwhp N/A V6
R.I.P.

SC swap in the works. Slowly but surely.

The Name is Danny. I'm a GM Technician.
Job security.
post #2677 of 4132 Old November 21st, 2013, 01:17 PM
╚⊙ ⊙╝

Quote:
well I will be there in august with the car just outside of columbus, johnstown to be specific. will be meeting a bunch of people and cruising to PA

2000 V6 - Turbo
2005 Tahoe LT - DD
1994 GT - Parting Out
1998 GT - Parting Out

1995 GT - SOLD

Insta :@Southfour6[/CENTER]
post #2678 of 4132 Old November 21st, 2013, 11:21 PM
R.A.D

Changed my rack and pinion bushings today..... God my new ones feel so much better. The response is night and day.
post #2679 of 4132 Old November 22nd, 2013, 05:45 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Got it on the dyno today, went very smoothly. Only had one run where a coupler blew off, and other then that nothing went really wrong.

Put a tune on the car, ran to 3.5k, was really good, ran to 5800, was doing great. Only made a couple adjustments over the entire day.

Initial 5psi video (wastegate referenced off of the charge piping)

243rwhp 253rwtq

Best 5psi video (wastegate reference off of the intake manifold)

267rwhp 270rwtq. Made quite the difference

Made a couple other adjustments, and ended up with this as the biggest pull of the day at 12psi. (about 15-16degrees of timing)

353rwhp 370rwtq

Dyno graph

Max power was 353rwhp, 370rwtq, and this is with a "12psi" run (The tuner suggested I get a bigger spring for the wastegate because as you can see peak pressure is 12psi, but after 4.5k rpms it drops to around 8. So the boost controller isn't keeping it at peak boost).

One issue we ran into was with the fuel pump which is an aviator 310lph fuel pump. We were maxing out its duty cycle, which shouldn't have been a problem. The tuner noticed that the duty cycle of the pump just at idle was around 30-40%, which it should be below 10, so his thoughts are that in the tank I have a leak in one of my hoses. So I will have to drop the tank to put a new line in it, no big deal.

The other issue we were having was with holding boost through the whole rpm range. I would hit peak, but then after 4500rpms it would drop a couple psi, and the tuner suggested that I should put a bigger spring in the wastegate so that I have a higher starting point, and the boost controller should do better from there.

All in all I am pumped about how smoothly everything went and no real issues. Idle is still slightly rough just because of the maf and having the piping the way it is. Brian (the tuner) suggested an Abacope mass air meter since it has 4 sensors and averages them to give a much clearer signal.

Over the winter the plans are to get the fuel pump figured out, potentially get a different maf, and if money still allows step up to the 60lb injectors. That should put me pretty much where I want to be. I didn't quite hit my 400rwtq target, but nothing came apart and im only 30ftlbs away, which once I get the other stuff squared away I should be able to hit that pretty easily.

Last edited by Toph6888; November 22nd, 2013 at 07:53 PM.
post #2680 of 4132 Old November 22nd, 2013, 06:02 PM
hi you can call me mater

Quote:
Got it on the dyno today, went very smoothly. Only had one run where a coupler blew off, and other then that nothing went really wrong.

Put a tune on the car, ran to 3.5k, was really good, ran to 5800, was doing great. Only made a couple adjustments over the entire day.

Initial 5psi video (wastegate referenced off of the charge piping)
3PointH8 turbo v6 dyno pull 5psi - YouTube

243rwhp 253rwtq

Best 5psi video (wastegate reference off of the intake manifold)
3PointH8 turbo v6 5psi dyno pull - YouTube

267rwhp 270rwtq. Made quite the difference

Made a couple other adjustments, and ended up with this as the biggest pull of the day at 12psi. (about 15-16degrees of timing)
3PointH8 turbo v6 12psi - YouTube

353rwtq 370rwhp

Dyno graph

Max power was 353rwhp, 370rwtq, and this is with a "12psi" run (The tuner suggested I get a bigger spring for the wastegate because as you can see peak pressure is 12psi, but after 4.5k rpms it drops to around 8. So the boost controller isn't keeping it at peak boost).

One issue we ran into was with the fuel pump which is an aviator 310lph fuel pump. We were maxing out its duty cycle, which shouldn't have been a problem. The tuner noticed that the duty cycle of the pump just at idle was around 30-40%, which it should be below 10, so his thoughts are that in the tank I have a leak in one of my hoses. So I will have to drop the tank to put a new line in it, no big deal.

The other issue we were having was with holding boost through the whole rpm range. I would hit peak, but then after 4500rpms it would drop a couple psi, and the tuner suggested that I should put a bigger spring in the wastegate so that I have a higher starting point, and the boost controller should do better from there.

All in all I am pumped about how smoothly everything went and no real issues. Idle is still slightly rough just because of the maf and having the piping the way it is. Brian (the tuner) suggested an Abacope mass air meter since it has 4 sensors and averages them to give a much clearer signal.

Over the winter the plans are to get the fuel pump figured out, potentially get a different maf, and if money still allows step up to the 60lb injectors. That should put me pretty much where I want to be. I didn't quite hit my 400rwtq target, but nothing came apart and im only 30ftlbs away, which once I get the other stuff squared away I should be able to hit that pretty easily.
You just made me so jelly!
Ive been following your build and no that I saw what the car made you just made my day man congrats toph

"I wonder if I sprayed some on my junk, I could go raw dog and not get herpes. But first I'd have to find a female willing to have relations."-kmac1622
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/v6-mustangs/279405-what-tech-did-you-do-your-sixxer-today.html
Posted By For Type Date
Untitled document This thread Refback April 26th, 2014 10:24 AM
Tallmadge Ohio - online discussion summary | BoardReader This thread Refback November 23rd, 2013 09:58 AM
psychostick | BoardReader This thread Refback January 29th, 2013 05:48 PM