What TECH Did You Do To Your Sixxer Today? - Page 15 - Forums at Modded Mustangs
 3Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #281 of 4132 Old November 30th, 2012, 08:12 PM
Slappin' da Bass
 
RedDevilGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Alamogordo, NM
Posts: 7,835
               
iTrader: 1 reviews
I ordered directly from Chemical Guys lol

01' V6: SCT tuned, Dual Flowmasters & H-pipe, 8000k 35w HID's, Steeda Short Shifter, BBK CAI, Eibach pro-kit, 3.73's and t-lok
05' GT: SCT tuned, C&L Racer, FRPP cams, K springs, Pype Bomb's, P&P Heads,

TORCH RED APPRECIATION CLUB FOUNDER
RedDevilGT is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #282 of 4132 Old November 30th, 2012, 08:14 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 8,398
Blog Entries: 2
               
iTrader: 13 reviews
I thought you ordered from aa
I was trying to get you free shipping!
SON1C is offline  
post #283 of 4132 Old November 30th, 2012, 08:15 PM
Slappin' da Bass
 
RedDevilGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Alamogordo, NM
Posts: 7,835
               
iTrader: 1 reviews
Oh damn, well on my next order for sure

01' V6: SCT tuned, Dual Flowmasters & H-pipe, 8000k 35w HID's, Steeda Short Shifter, BBK CAI, Eibach pro-kit, 3.73's and t-lok
05' GT: SCT tuned, C&L Racer, FRPP cams, K springs, Pype Bomb's, P&P Heads,

TORCH RED APPRECIATION CLUB FOUNDER
RedDevilGT is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #284 of 4132 Old November 30th, 2012, 08:17 PM
Premium Member
 
99 BLUE V6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PALM BEACH FLORIDA
Posts: 1,635
   
iTrader: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by izzy1111 View Post
I completely understand where your coming from. But i have taken alot of precaution on how it will behave if it does break. The welded end will be towards the rear close to the axle, so if it breaks, its the welded end that will fall towards the floor with the yoke still and axle still in place, only the broken welded side dragging on the floor spinning.

Yes this does sound bad so i dont blame anyone for thinking wrong of me. But im not planning on running the car roughly, this is only going to be to test if its durable. i have two months of holiday vacation where i can just mess around with stuff like this.

Would be awesome if it all goes well, but if it doesnt it was still a good attempt.
If you knew what precaution is you would never of done that.
and its not a good attempt its foolishness.

How many people have to tell you before it sinks in?
When it brakes I hope you don't crash into one of my family members
99 BLUE V6 is offline  
post #285 of 4132 Old November 30th, 2012, 08:20 PM
Premium Member
 
99 BLUE V6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PALM BEACH FLORIDA
Posts: 1,635
   
iTrader: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaseghost View Post
I cleaned my windstar intake manifold...
what did you use to clean it
99 BLUE V6 is offline  
post #286 of 4132 Old November 30th, 2012, 08:39 PM
Zippy Zip Custom \/
 
spaseghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Western Colorado
Posts: 1,167
   
iTrader: 3 reviews
Some soft bristles to knock down the build up in the runners and some light sprays of brake kleen, Still trying to decide what to do for throttle body and IAC though.

2014 Subaru XV
2005 F150
2003 Mustang
1968 Camaro
spaseghost is offline  
post #287 of 4132 Old November 30th, 2012, 08:44 PM
Premium Member
 
99 BLUE V6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PALM BEACH FLORIDA
Posts: 1,635
   
iTrader: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaseghost View Post
Some soft bristles to knock down the build up in the runners and some light sprays of brake kleen, Still trying to decide what to do for throttle body and IAC though.
you mean for cleaning them or mounting TB iac
99 BLUE V6 is offline  
post #288 of 4132 Old November 30th, 2012, 09:08 PM
Zippy Zip Custom \/
 
spaseghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Western Colorado
Posts: 1,167
   
iTrader: 3 reviews
Oh yeah, for mounting the IAC and to use either the GT throttle body or swap the guts of the windstar throttle body.

2014 Subaru XV
2005 F150
2003 Mustang
1968 Camaro
spaseghost is offline  
post #289 of 4132 Old November 30th, 2012, 09:10 PM
R.A.D
 
Xzavier247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: SacTown,CA
Posts: 5,413
         
iTrader: 0 reviews
Holy sh*t I locked up my engine. While doing seafoam. I shut it off for 15 mins and went to start it again and bam It stopped. Sorry for the little girl. My sister wanted to help hold the camera while making fun.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hiGiokoxmc
Xzavier247 is offline  
post #290 of 4132 Old November 30th, 2012, 09:19 PM
R.A.D
 
Xzavier247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: SacTown,CA
Posts: 5,413
         
iTrader: 0 reviews
Part two, Wooooooooo scary
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCBsbEnnoXA
Xzavier247 is offline  
post #291 of 4132 Old November 30th, 2012, 10:05 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 8,398
Blog Entries: 2
               
iTrader: 13 reviews
why did you not rev it in her face at the end of part two? lol
so everythings good now?
SON1C is offline  
post #292 of 4132 Old November 30th, 2012, 10:11 PM
2013 5.0
 
slonison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rutherford, NJ (North)
Posts: 2,983
         
iTrader: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slonison
Quote:
Originally Posted by izzy1111 View Post
I completely understand where your coming from. But i have taken alot of precaution on how it will behave if it does break. The welded end will be towards the rear close to the axle, so if it breaks, its the welded end that will fall towards the floor with the yoke still and axle still in place, only the broken welded side dragging on the floor spinning.

Yes this does sound bad so i dont blame anyone for thinking wrong of me. But im not planning on running the car roughly, this is only going to be to test if its durable. i have two months of holiday vacation where i can just mess around with stuff like this.

Would be awesome if it all goes well, but if it doesnt it was still a good attempt.
I know that you don't mind that the car might be in danger because it's...well... your car... but you do realize that the long end of the driveshaft spinning is going to be like a wrecking ball beneath your feet. Remember the driveshaft is just beneath your center console...

As described in an instance where it actually happened...

"The vehicle lost its driveshaft, which turned itself into a spinning hunk of metal that tore into the floorpan, bashed through its interior bits and generally caused mechanical mayhem."

Now, like I said, I don't mind if you're willing to take this chance, but dude, we can both agree that NO one is going to be able to maintain control of the car when that happens. I just hope no one else is on the road if/when this happens. (specifically not my family nor SON1Cs).

Oh and you pretty much should have known this was a bad idea when people who you were willing to pay wouldn't do it.



Steve's House

120+ V6 How-To's

2013Black 5.0
2002 Black Vert - Sold
1998 True Blue Coupe - Totaled
slonison is offline  
post #293 of 4132 Old November 30th, 2012, 10:13 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 8,398
Blog Entries: 2
               
iTrader: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by slonison View Post
I know that you don't mind that the car might be in danger because it's...well... your car... but you do realize that the long end of the driveshaft spinning is going to be like a wrecking ball beneath your feet. Remember the driveshaft is just beneath your center console...

As described in an instance where it actually happened...

"The vehicle lost its driveshaft, which turned itself into a spinning hunk of metal that tore into the floorpan, bashed through its interior bits and generally caused mechanical mayhem."

Now, like I said, I don't mind if you're willing to take this chance, but dude, we can both agree that NO one is going to be able to maintain control of the car when that happens. I just hope no one else is on the road if/when this happens. (specifically not my family nor SON1Cs).

Oh and you pretty much should have known this was a bad idea when people who you were willing to pay wouldn't do it.

reps!
where have you been at man, I haven't seen have the pics in your sig, whore them in the detailing today thread
SON1C is offline  
post #294 of 4132 Old November 30th, 2012, 10:19 PM
2013 5.0
 
slonison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rutherford, NJ (North)
Posts: 2,983
         
iTrader: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slonison
Quote:
Originally Posted by SON1C View Post

reps!
where have you been at man, I haven't seen have the pics in your sig, whore them in the detailing today thread
I was on my honeymoon for 7 days. Just got back this afternoon.

This is one from before I left....315 splatter looking fresh




Steve's House

120+ V6 How-To's

2013Black 5.0
2002 Black Vert - Sold
1998 True Blue Coupe - Totaled
slonison is offline  
post #295 of 4132 Old November 30th, 2012, 10:21 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 8,398
Blog Entries: 2
               
iTrader: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by slonison View Post
I was on my honeymoon for 7 days. Just got back this afternoon.

This is one from before I left....315 splatter looking fresh

congrats! where'd you go?
lol thats some meat man, slightly jealous
SON1C is offline  
post #296 of 4132 Old November 30th, 2012, 10:25 PM
R.A.D
 
Xzavier247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: SacTown,CA
Posts: 5,413
         
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SON1C View Post
why did you not rev it in her face at the end of part two? lol
so everythings good now?
Yea yeah, The wind direction was changing. Was going left then right. And she just stood there. shes only ten and hasn't developed common sense.
Xzavier247 is offline  
post #297 of 4132 Old November 30th, 2012, 10:48 PM
Premium Member
 
99 BLUE V6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PALM BEACH FLORIDA
Posts: 1,635
   
iTrader: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaseghost View Post
Oh yeah, for mounting the IAC and to use either the GT throttle body or swap the guts of the windstar throttle body.
Never herd of anyone swapping guts in TB. I have the modified VAP TB but if I was going to make my own kit, I would go for the GT TB for simplicity.
99 BLUE V6 is offline  
post #298 of 4132 Old November 30th, 2012, 10:50 PM
2013 5.0
 
slonison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rutherford, NJ (North)
Posts: 2,983
         
iTrader: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slonison
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 BLUE V6 View Post
Never herd of anyone swapping guts in TB. I have the modified VAP TB but if I was going to make my own kit, I would go for the GT TB for simplicity.

Swapping the guts from the V6 to Windstar TB would save about $25... if you're going for saving the maximum $$$ that would be about 16% savings.



Steve's House

120+ V6 How-To's

2013Black 5.0
2002 Black Vert - Sold
1998 True Blue Coupe - Totaled
slonison is offline  
post #299 of 4132 Old November 30th, 2012, 11:15 PM
Zippy Zip Custom \/
 
spaseghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Western Colorado
Posts: 1,167
   
iTrader: 3 reviews
Damn it, I just closed out the thread that described the process of swapping them. I just want to do it so that its as factory looking and clean as possible. What did you use Stephen?

2014 Subaru XV
2005 F150
2003 Mustang
1968 Camaro
spaseghost is offline  
post #300 of 4132 Old December 1st, 2012, 07:56 AM
Hardcore Enthusiast
 
dark_horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Shelbyville, Kentucky
Posts: 1,511
 
iTrader: 4 reviews
i dropped my tank last night and i broke one of the valves, its not the purge valve the other one, i got a part # but i cant find it for nothing!

anyways both lead up to the vapor canister, and can i just delete the canister? or is there an actual reason i should keep it?



2000 saleen

Bullitt manifold swap, mac Lt's, o/r x pipe, borla Atak, Mgw short throw, 3.73 gears, Bilstein shocks/strust, H&r ss springs, caster camber plates, xxr 521 rims, tuned by ortiz performance

00-484
dark_horse is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



  LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/v6-mustangs/279405-what-tech-did-you-do-your-sixxer-today.html
Posted By For Type Date
Untitled document This thread Refback April 26th, 2014 10:24 AM
Tallmadge Ohio - online discussion summary | BoardReader This thread Refback November 23rd, 2013 09:58 AM
psychostick | BoardReader This thread Refback January 29th, 2013 05:48 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome