What TECH Did You Do To Your Sixxer Today? - Page 207 - Forums at Modded Mustangs
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #4121 of 4132 Old September 16th, 2015, 11:03 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Toph6888
Got the last miscellaneous bits done on the mustang tonight and back out of the garage/test drive around the neighborhood.

Here are pics of how I clearanced the front bumper so that it didn't block the top 1/3 of the intercooler. It is at about a 45* angle on the bottom, so still structural, just with a sweeping angle so air can still get into the cooler.

Got the car back together and worked on clearancing the front bumper for the tow strap. Decided the best way was to just F'it and just cut a small hole into the bumper. Easiest way to access it. Might go ahead and find or make some kind of cover for the hole, but for now its fine.

Can just tuck it in for daily driving then pull it out (woot) when at the track.

Everything back together:

Finally, picked up a set of new motive 3.90 gears for the rear end.

Now, I know a lot of people are going to say don't go 3.90s, that I need more load for the turbo, blah blah blah. The fact is, my turbo isn't huge. It spools just fine, and I get over 150% load on my engine already, so getting load into the engine isn't the issue. Looking at overall gear ratios compared to my WRX it will be almost identical to the mustang with the 3.90s and the t5 trans. Also, my turbo size to my engine size is about the same as the wrx engine to the wrx turbo, so I don't have any concern about the turbo being able to spool up. Its honestly a smaller size turbo as I'm not trying for high end hp, I want mid range for autox/trackdays, and also being more street friendly would be a lot nicer. Anyone who has driven a wrx will know their 1st and 2nd gear is where the money is, but then the stock ecu starts pulling boost out of the engine at higher loads and makes 3 and 4 not quite as fun. Anyways, long way of saying its worth the gamble to me for how my car is set up/what I want it to do.

Coyote Swap Thread 416rwhp/375rwtq

Turbo V6 Build Thread 353rwhp/370rwtq @ 12psi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4122 of 4132 Old September 21st, 2015, 10:13 PM
Regular

Looked into the SR radiator fan replacement on American Muscle. Anyone have experience with it? Reviews seem good even with it not being plug and play

post #4123 of 4132 Old September 23rd, 2015, 11:24 PM
Regular

Put a 93 octane bama tune on the car today. Wow the difference over stock in an auto is unreal

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4124 of 4132 Old September 24th, 2015, 07:42 AM
MOAR BOOST

Garage
A tune on an auto is pretty good. Really firms the shifts up

Turbo Build Thread
post #4125 of 4132 Old September 24th, 2015, 10:46 AM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSix View Post
A tune on an auto is pretty good. Really firms the shifts up
that it does...seeing it shift at redline when at wot is nice vs where it use to shift under 5k before stock. the big downside of course is if i decide to work on the car in depth one day it'll be a pita to remove the chip and send off. so if that ever happens ill just buy a tuner lol, but for now i love having things like my rear o2s killed, and my shifts firmed.

question though. if i find an 8.8 at a salvage yard that still has the stock new edge 3.27 gears in it i can swap it out and not have to have it re-tuned for anything right? because the gearing wont change.

post #4126 of 4132 Old September 24th, 2015, 10:55 AM
MOAR BOOST

Garage
yep.

Turbo Build Thread
post #4127 of 4132 Old October 1st, 2015, 07:11 AM

Just change the oil and spark plugs. Then gave her a quick wash.
post #4128 of 4132 Old October 11th, 2015, 01:38 AM
R.A.D

Slowly molding the sixxer again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20151003_173126.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	167593   Click image for larger version

Name:	20151003_172927.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	167601  
post #4129 of 4132 Old November 12th, 2015, 10:20 PM

Just received my lowering springs and LED bulbs for the interior lights. Will do the installation tomorrow.
post #4130 of 4132 Old February 22nd, 2016, 02:48 AM
Regular

What TECH Did You Do To Your Sixxer Today?

I changed my diff oil today, I found out the pumpkin is so rusted on the bottom it caused a leak in the gasket. Not that much fluid came out after I opened her up, maybe a quart, which could have contributed to a rattling noise I was hearing from the rear end while driving at low rpms. While changing the oil I sprayed the contact surfaces for the gasket sealant with brake cleaner and scrubbed off as much rust and grime as possible for about two hours. It was still a little rusty, but hopefully that's good for another 10k miles or so, until I work up the nerve/money to fix it right or get an 8.8 rear end.

In either case, my car drives way better now. No more rattling noises coming from the rear in the 1k-2k rpm range.

I also finally painted my cobra calipers that I bought from about 2 years ago, hopefully I have another weekend to install them soon. That, and I wanna change the transmission fluid soon too.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Last edited by Chum; February 23rd, 2016 at 12:27 AM.
post #4131 of 4132 Old April 6th, 2016, 05:20 AM

Just charged the battery and installed new pads.
post #4132 of 4132 Old April 10th, 2016, 08:52 PM

I put in a new sound system, radio and speakers. Next up a subwoofer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/v6-mustangs/279405-what-tech-did-you-do-your-sixxer-today.html
Posted By For Type Date
Untitled document This thread Refback April 26th, 2014 10:24 AM
Tallmadge Ohio - online discussion summary | BoardReader This thread Refback November 23rd, 2013 09:58 AM
psychostick | BoardReader This thread Refback January 29th, 2013 05:48 PM