Forums at Modded Mustangs

Forums at Modded Mustangs (https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/)
-   V6 Mustangs (https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/v6-mustangs/)
-   -   What TECH Did You Do To Your Sixxer Today? (https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/v6-mustangs/279405-what-tech-did-you-do-your-sixxer-today.html)

Fink October 13th, 2012 06:13 PM

tried a few things to get the car to start. unhooked battery, replaced FRPS, reinstalled tune, nothing worked.

am i correct in assuming that the camshaft position sensor controls the injectors? since my injectors arent firing, but fuel shoots out when the shrader valve is removed.

dark_horse October 13th, 2012 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fink (Post 4799703)
tried a few things to get the car to start. unhooked battery, replaced FRPS, reinstalled tune, nothing worked.

am i correct in assuming that the camshaft position sensor controls the injectors? since my injectors arent firing, but fuel shoots out when the shrader valve is removed.

Wish I could help ya, hope you get it going cause I wanna know more about your m112 :) I got a setup coming lol

Nick Lentini

Fink October 13th, 2012 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dark_horse (Post 4799875)
Wish I could help ya, hope you get it going cause I wanna know more about your m112 :) I got a setup coming lol

Nick Lentini

what do you want to know? Ill PM you my number in case you have any questions.

slonison October 14th, 2012 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fink (Post 4799884)

Make that two of us... :shiftyeyes

decided I'm either M112'ing or trading in for a newer car...

dark_horse October 14th, 2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fink (Post 4799884)

got it! ill def prob have some questions during install, and i found you older post about your m112, those def cleared up some questions i had

gaetz1985 October 14th, 2012 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunburst (Post 4799234)
Are the headers longtubes?

Bbk shortys

pelle15 October 14th, 2012 03:16 PM

Why don't you use the BBK on the super coupe?

Fink October 14th, 2012 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dark_horse (Post 4800902)
got it! ill def prob have some questions during install, and i found you older post about your m112, those def cleared up some questions i had

Yeah i have a install thread on mustangforums.

I wish you were closer, id install it for you in a few hours.

Sent from my droid using my fingers.

dark_horse October 14th, 2012 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fink (Post 4801304)
Yeah i have a install thread on mustangforums.

I wish you were closer, id install it for you in a few hours.

Yeah , the install thread is what I read through...doesn't seem to bad ...did you have any difficulties with anything? Anything I should should do to help install?

Nick Lentini

Fink October 15th, 2012 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dark_horse (Post 4801543)
Yeah , the install thread is what I read through...doesn't seem to bad ...did you have any difficulties with anything? Anything I should should do to help install?

Nick Lentini

Other than bending the front crossover pipe on the fuel rail, everything went smooth. I also had to bend the frps away from the adapter plate and the coolant bleeder from the snout.

dark_horse October 15th, 2012 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fink (Post 4802286)
Other than bending the front crossover pipe on the fuel rail, everything went smooth. I also had to bend the frps away from the adapter plate and the coolant bleeder from the snout.

Sounds good! i put a windstar on about almost a year ago and of course had to bend that stuff so i hope its all bent enough lol...well see what happens hahaha

gaetz1985 October 15th, 2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pelle15 (Post 4801203)
Why don't you use the BBK on the super coupe?

Going longtubes for sure :)

pelle15 October 15th, 2012 11:35 AM

:rockon

dark_horse October 15th, 2012 12:35 PM

I k kw this isn't tech but I know a lot of sixxers get on here but is anyone interested in a set of ported polished heads and comp cam? I had a buyer but haven't heard anything and reason km selling is cause I'm going m112 and don't wanna hastle with the heads ans cam as the m112 will bring me to my goals...shoot me a pm if interested :)

Nick Lentini

Fink October 15th, 2012 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dark_horse (Post 4802794)
I k kw this isn't tech but I know a lot of sixxers get on here but is anyone interested in a set of ported polished heads and comp cam? I had a buyer but haven't heard anything and reason km selling is cause I'm going m112 and don't wanna hastle with the heads ans cam as the m112 will bring me to my goals...shoot me a pm if interested :)

Nick Lentini

You will make more power with the heads. What cam is it? Cause you could install it too if it will work with the m112.

dark_horse October 15th, 2012 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fink (Post 4803621)
You will make more power with the heads. What cam is it? Cause you could install it too if it will work with the m112.

well the heads and cam are to help out and fund my m112 setup, but it seems when the buyer comits they back out lol...so i may use the setup the cam is 210/218 shes a baby cam lol

sunburst October 17th, 2012 06:10 PM

Had my mufflers put back on and tailpipes redone, no more exhaust leaks, better sound, and the tips are finally positioned correctly (they were sticking out a good bit past the bumper before). So glad i finally found a shop that can do exhaust right, and never going without mufflers again, sounds so much better with the thrushes :)

ScruffyNerfHerder October 17th, 2012 07:40 PM

Got a CAI on finally, FYI don't buy the cheap ones off ebay if you plan on an easy install. Barely fit in the engine bay, and only one coupling fit. A couple days later with a few trips to home depot fixed it, but in the end I probably spent the extra $20 for an AM intake at home depot anyways.

On a side note, does anyone know if the 05-09 rear ends will fit new edges? There are more of those at my local yards than there are NE GT's.

dark_horse October 17th, 2012 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BecauseRacecar (Post 4807939)
Got a CAI on finally, FYI don't buy the cheap ones off ebay if you plan on an easy install. Barely fit in the engine bay, and only one coupling fit. A couple days later with a few trips to home depot fixed it, but in the end I probably spent the extra $20 for an AM intake at home depot anyways.

On a side note, does anyone know if the 05-09 rear ends will fit new edges? There are more of those at my local yards than there are NE GT's.

Lol I had the same problem with my CAI from eBay, luckily I had to extra couplers

Nick Lentini

SlowSix October 17th, 2012 09:24 PM

S197 rear doesn't work. They are a 3 link setup.