Modded Mustang Forums banner

What TECH Did You Do To Your Sixxer Today?

214K views 4K replies 167 participants last post by  tbayarea 
#1 ·
Ok guys. Closing the other and starting fresh. You get one chance at this and that is it. Keep it tech or I'll close this one too and that will be the end of it all together.

So what tech did ya'll do today?

#2 ·
I'm actually considering picking up a v6 project car, would need some work done but would be a fun project regardless, does anyone know of a v6 stock mid pipe floating around, how to replace the door hinges on our cars and what are the factory green colors
dark highland green ? electric green, and what else (for 99-04)

#13 ·

Got this shorty antenna from UPR for 18 bucks. I don't really listen to the radio, I just got it because I think it looks sleek. Reminds me of the antennas from 350z's, or the mercedes cars.

I have no signal whatsoever, but I never did. I think something is unplugged on the head unit.

#16 ·
8.8 rear I picked up has been gutted as of last night. Carrier and axles are sitting on the bench and the housing itself is on a pair of milk crates. I have changed my mind and will be going 31 spline with 3.55's. A buddy has also found a guy to do the axle housing welding.

_

#19 ·
Pushed my mustang out of the garage and then back in a few hours later. Going on 2 months for my parts to be worked on.

#21 ·
Doing a little engine build. Check out the link in my signature. My cam, upper & lower intakes, and cylinder heads are out and should be coming back soon, I hope.

#29 ·
To answer your question mcqueen, I might run a procharger kit eventually, but I plan to stay N/A for now with a good dyno tune of course!

#38 ·
HI!!! HI!!!!!! HIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!

Give me till the end of the week and I'll do a write-up on it..

When you start this, put the car on jack stands. I put the jack stands under the LCA so the spring wouldn't be trying to send the LCA down to the ground. Then put your jack under the pumpkin of the rear end and jack it up to provide some support for when you release all the bolts.

Here is a list of everything you need to remove.
5 Lug nuts to remove the wheel.
4 bolts to remove the brake calipers

2 nuts to remove the c-clamp caliper brace

3 bolts to remove the brake dust cover

1 bolt to remove the ABS sensor

Make it easy on yourself and remove the Bolts for the Brake Line/Rear Sway bar from the LCA

Remove the LCA bolt (covered in PB Blaster) and Shock Bolt (Shiny Silver color).

Remove the UCA bolt

Put all items in Zip lock bags, clearly labeling them

Repeat for the Opposite side.

Remove 4 bolts from Rear-end to Drive-Shaft. 12pt star 10mm I believe

Lower the jack holding the rear end.

Insert new rear end and repeat the entire process in reverse.

#40 ·
I've seen a couple 8.8 rear ends from fox bodys with 4 lugs. Can you use the rear end and swap the 5 lug/disc brakes from the 7.5 to it?

#55 ·
Is it red or black? If its red is your torque converter seal. If black its rear main seal.

DaSeeka... No, all 05-09 are SRA.

Sent from my droid using my fingers.

#57 ·
My car had the same issue. It turned out to be the dipstick for the tranny. The gasket for where the tube that hold the dipstick tore and it just leaked and leaked.

I got my rear gt sway bar installed and I notice a nice difference from not having one! I take corners better since the felling the rear isn't so loose anymore

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.