Modded Mustang Forums banner

No Fuel... help

528 views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  rfcsoulja 
#1 ·
Hey guys.

Mothers car is a 2000 V6 Base model and car has been running great but she called me the other day because it wouldn't start. I've been playing with it and came to the point I think it needs a new fuel pump.

She hasn't had it its whole life but she got the car around 60k and now with alot of highway travel its well over 250,000. Still on the original pump I believe.

My diagnostics so far consist of

Car will turn over, never start.
Theft light comes on, stay for 3 secs, goes off, does NOT come on when cranking (Should rule out PATS)
No fuel pressure at rail (cranking with valve depressed and no fuel got onto rag)
Changed fuel filter (while filter was off, had her crank the car, still no fuel)
Beat on the gas tank (nothing)
Checked inertia switch by tail light, tapped with wrench and it reset, still nothing.
Checked fuses, replaced them just to be safe, even big Bus 20a one.

Besides the control module or the pump itself is there anything I overlooked?

I just want to run by the masses before I go thru the trouble to drop the tank and replace the pump module and find out it was something simple I overlooked.

Any thoughts?

Please help, she needs the car drive-able for work and I'm out of other ideas.

Thanks
- TL

See less See more
#3 ·
Unless the connector came un-connected the pump isn't priming or anything. It hasn't leaked out gas like a line was disconnected and I can't hear it prime or turn on at all. I am almost certain its the pump, Like I said, I just don't want to drop the tank, replace it and get it all put back together and it be something else simple to fix.

#7 ·
check fuzes, relays... then pump
check the fuel shutoff button behind the driver brakelight..make sure its not pushed in before you drop 120ish bucks for the new pump
Both of these. Uneducated Mustang owners have been known to occasionally sell the Mustangs off dirt cheap because of the fuel shut off switch being flipped and they have no idea it exists and thus can't figure out why the car won't start after hours of tinkering with it.

#9 ·
I wasn't calling you uneducated. I was actually agreeing with you. I was saying that over the years there have been people who were uneducated about their Mustangs who have sold them dirt cheap because they wouldn't start and they couldn't find the problem. Only to have someone like us buy them, flip the switch, and have a perfectly good Mustang which they paid pennies on the dollar for.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.