Vinyl Wrapped 99-04's, Where are they? [pics] - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old January 22nd, 2013, 10:10 AM Thread Starter
Look Ma! My First Post!

Vinyl Wrapped 99-04's, Where are they? [pics]

So, I've been considering wrapping my 2004 v6 convertible for the past month or so. The previous owner had it painted this really loud red color that i'm getting a little tired of. I really want to go with a matte light gray (sort of like the stock light gray 99-04, but matte). Gray is definitely the classiest color this model comes in.

Anyways, I go to search for some vinyl wrapped 99-04s, and I really have had no luck. I've searched everywhere too. So far I've found good quality pictures of only one 03 mustang cobra wrapped in matte blue, which looks pretty nice. I really want to see a matte grey OR any vinyl wrap on a convertible.

Here's the 03 cobra:

Here is the matte silver on a lambo:

So let's see those vinyl wrapped 99-04 'stangs. I know this one isn't the only one out there!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old January 22nd, 2013, 02:00 PM
Enthusiast

ive seen pics online but the wraps they had on them was for a business....i guess you could wrap a car if you wanted to....i heard of a guy that did a carbon fiber wrap on his car.

'00 v6: sold
'05 v6: crashed
'07 Jeep GC
'88 Mazda RX7
post #3 of 13 Old January 22nd, 2013, 02:04 PM
aloha ke akua

That Cobra looks sex. I've also seen a matte black wrapped Termi.

21 & Chasing Tail At College
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69fastback View Post
I know better than that, pimp daddy. You got a new hot one weekly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old June 24th, 2013, 07:13 PM

The color of the Cobra is Matte blue metallic. If your really interested in wrapping your car, i would first get the sample kit. I have mine already being sent in the mail, its for free and the company that has ever color wrap you can think of is 3M, They have a variety of different color greys, Matte, Carbon Fiber, Brushed Metal, Gloss, even Satin. There the best car wraps in the market. I will post some pics up but there not of mustangs, but you can get the feel of the color.

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetKing863 View Post
The color of the Cobra is Matte blue metallic. If your really interested in wrapping your car, i would first get the sample kit. I have mine already being sent in the mail, its for free and the company that has ever color wrap you can think of is 3M, They have a variety of different color greys, Matte, Carbon Fiber, Brushed Metal, Gloss, even Satin. There the best car wraps in the market. I will post some pics up but there not of mustangs, but you can get the feel of the color.

Here's the website: 3M? Scotchprint® Wrap Film Series 10803M Graphic Solutions Products US

Just go to the right side of the screen and you can view each color and below that you can request a sample in the mail of all there colors for free, i would do that first cause the pics of the colors on there websites looks way different then in real life. Hope this helps you out
post #5 of 13 Old June 24th, 2013, 07:28 PM

Vinyl Wrapped 99-04's, Where are they? [pics]-wrap-1.jpg

Vinyl Wrapped 99-04's, Where are they? [pics]-wrap-2.jpg

Vinyl Wrapped 99-04's, Where are they? [pics]-wrap-3.jpg

Im trying to find the websites where the guys walks you step by step to do it your self, notes and video if your more interested. And it protects your paint job and if you get tired of the color you can just peel it off, and get another color.
post #6 of 13 Old June 24th, 2013, 08:45 PM
Fee Fie Foe Fum

Isnt a wrap really expensive and very hard to install? idk just asking.. Probablu why ill be doing that matte blue w plastidip.. Blaze blue or whatever..

World's First M112 Singleport Essex
post #7 of 13 Old June 24th, 2013, 09:17 PM

Its easy as anything else, just got to research,,,,, over 100 videos they have out there showing you how to wrap a car, the main thing is while doing a car wrap is to have patience. doesnt require that many tools either. The price is reasonable, it last as long as a paint job, the good thing about a car wrap is it protects your custom paint job, so when you get bored of your custom paint job and dont fill like wasting more money to redo it just wrap it for a while
post #8 of 13 Old June 25th, 2013, 10:50 AM
The soul stealing Ginger

Send a message via Skype™ to dgt_mustang
Patience is the biggest thing, if you start to wrap the car and get frustrated things go down hill fast, I helped my friend wrap his civic and the minute he started getting irritated the edges became jagged and things folded up, a heat gun was biggest helper. he ended up only doing two fenders, front bumper and roof..then rocked that for awhile because he didnt want to tackle the rest. doesnt help that the vinyl he picked up was thick, i believe thinner is better, not sure in that area though.

Dr.Gonzo! is the Ultimate IT master, the king of tech, The Dong.
The Dong^?? ZIP!!!
post #9 of 13 Old June 25th, 2013, 12:57 PM
Fee Fie Foe Fum

Thinner is harder to work.. Needs to be a good medium, too thin and it falls together and sticks like window tint.... I have worked with vinyl just havnt wrapped an entire car.. Whats the cost for a kit thatll cover a stang?

World's First M112 Singleport Essex
post #10 of 13 Old November 18th, 2016, 11:52 PM
Enthusiast

Garage
Not sure if @maxgst is still around (link to his profile below, incase I screwed up tagging him). He wrapped his Red? mustang in a grey gloss if I recall correctly. I bet he has some posts/pictures, as I recall it being covered pretty thoroughly in one of his threads.

Forums at Modded Mustangs - View Profile: maxgst

2003 Redfire & Black V6. Full suspension, 8.8 w/ 4.10s, tuned. 4.3L stroker + turbo capable of 550 hp soon

1992 5.0 Auto Hatchback...needs wiring, interior, ...basically everything

RIP: 2015 SHO PP, 12.87 @107 1/4 mile
post #11 of 13 Old November 20th, 2016, 05:31 PM
MOAR BOOST

Garage
damn thread is 3 years old

Turbo Build Thread
post #12 of 13 Old November 20th, 2016, 10:17 PM
Enthusiast

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSix View Post
damn thread is 3 years old

I didn't even look at the dates...guess it went TTT based on the post above mine, I just saw it had recently been posted in and added my input. Whoops :/

2003 Redfire & Black V6. Full suspension, 8.8 w/ 4.10s, tuned. 4.3L stroker + turbo capable of 550 hp soon

1992 5.0 Auto Hatchback...needs wiring, interior, ...basically everything

RIP: 2015 SHO PP, 12.87 @107 1/4 mile
post #13 of 13 Old December 2nd, 2016, 11:14 AM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

haha Im still around!

2000 Mustang GT vert - Gone
2002 Mustang GT coupe - Sold on 12/20/17
2007 BMW 335i
1994 BMW 328i - Foxbody 5.0 Swap
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page