HID's for Fog Lights. Will they work?? - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old April 23rd, 2013, 09:50 AM Thread Starter
A work in Progress

HID's for Fog Lights. Will they work??

All im concerned about is, will HID's in my fogs damage the housings? Are there more then 2 wattage types for HID's? 35w & 55w
Are there specific fog housings for HID's the same way there are projecter headlights?

All im shooting for here is style, NOT visibility. I have my headlights for that. I know of a few websites that offer 30,000k (deep purple) HID's but not entirely sure if they have those Temps. for the fog lights. I guess i could settle for 12000K, but if anyone knows where to buy good quality HID's that WONT melt my fog lights housings & preferably are a deep purple color that be Great!

Also too, i could scratch the whole HID's idea if anyone knows where i could buy LED/Halogen blubs in a deep purple color.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old April 23rd, 2013, 10:45 AM
MOAR BOOST

Garage
ddmtuning.com for the hids.
They won't melt your fogs, although I did have one fall out and melt a hole in the bottom of my bumper lol

No one makes purple, 12000K is usually the highest you can go, which is like really really blue.
Really high colors are useless and look bad imo though

Turbo Build Thread
post #3 of 6 Old April 23rd, 2013, 10:50 AM
Regular

they work I gues I go ddmtuning now one fog flickeres. and shuts off I. think the wiring might be weak or I need a relay

buy my m112
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old April 25th, 2013, 07:43 AM Thread Starter
A work in Progress

Thx for the input.

So it doesnt matter what wattage HID i put in the fog housing? I've been researching this for a while now & i've come across many forums like this where ppl Did melt their fog light housing. Now i cant say really if any of those ppl had mustangs BUT, does that really matter? Fog lights are pretty much the same in every vehicle, or at least the same per manufacture right?

Here's the website i've been looking at for getting my HID's. They look reputable but idk IF anyone has bought from them OR if they know a better site to use let me know. This site however offers colors from 3,000K - 30,000K

30000K HID Kit [30000K]

Also too, does anyone know where I could get LED's for fog lights that come i a purple color? or atleast deep blue?
post #5 of 6 Old April 25th, 2013, 02:27 PM
MOAR BOOST

Garage
Most cheap HID kits are relatively similar. I will say DDM is less than half that price though.

55W tends to run a bit hotter, and also washes out the color a bit more. For example, a 55W 8000K kit looks kind of like a 35W 6000K kit.

I've ran hid fogs for a few years and never melted the housing.

Turbo Build Thread
post #6 of 6 Old April 26th, 2013, 08:58 AM Thread Starter
A work in Progress

Ok, idk when i'll buy the HID's but IF/When i do i'll go with the lower wattage. Also to, i have LED Halo rings inside my fogs. They are at the very edge of the Fogs, but do you think they might be affected by the HID's? Most likely they are a fairly soft plastic & i'd hate to have them destroyed by the HID's. Plus they arn't cheep to buy either.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page