DIY mods - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old January 6th, 2014, 09:49 PM Thread Starter
New to the game

DIY mods

I would like to do some things with my car cheap and effective including both appearance and performance mods. If you could help me out me tell me what all you guys have done and also does anybody know if the ole gas pedal mod work on the 05-09 mustangs?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old January 6th, 2014, 10:22 PM
Never go ass to mouth.

05+ is drive by wire. No throttle cable.

CONVERTIBLE CREW #28
2004 Sixxer(RIP)
2007 GT Vert
2002 GT Vert(351W swap COMPLETED)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsgpony View Post
If I were to make a movie on your life, one scene for sure would be you plowing some chick and then all of a sudden, you with your dick on fire. Legit fire.
post #3 of 12 Old January 6th, 2014, 10:26 PM
Enthusiast

Best bet is to go thru the project threads and see what catches your eye. There are alot of mods floating around.

M112 IN 2016
LT's on 2.5" MAC, 3.73 trac loc, M112
PARTS FOR SALE MAKE OFFERS - PM PLEASE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old January 6th, 2014, 11:06 PM
Regular

As far as appearance mods go, I always really liked the chin spoiler. I loved the way mine looked when I had it. Unfortunately, I let my gf drive my car and she crunched it off.

Bama SF3/X3 Power Flash Tuner, Ford Racing True Dual Exhaust, BBK Black Out Cold Air Intake, 4.10s, Pacesetter Ceramic LTs, Pypes High flow Cats and Mac Prochamber.
post #5 of 12 Old January 6th, 2014, 11:53 PM
Never go ass to mouth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethal066er View Post
As far as appearance mods go, I always really liked the chin spoiler. I loved the way mine looked when I had it. Unfortunately, I let my gf drive my car and she crunched it off.
Don't feel too bad.
My boss bought the new 2013GT when it came out, and gave his gf his '07 sixbanger.. Since then... He's had to go to the dealer 4 times to replace that black lower grill insert in the front bumper. She keeps popping them out

CONVERTIBLE CREW #28
2004 Sixxer(RIP)
2007 GT Vert

Quote:
If I were to make a movie on your life, one scene for sure would be you plowing some chick and then all of a sudden, you with your dick on fire. Legit fire.
post #6 of 12 Old January 7th, 2014, 12:18 AM
Regular

Quote:
Was your chin spoiler DIY? How'd ya do it? Links?
post #7 of 12 Old January 7th, 2014, 01:24 AM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Stallion View Post
Don't feel too bad.
My boss bought the new 2013GT when it came out, and gave his gf his '07 sixbanger.. Since then... He's had to go to the dealer 4 times to replace that black lower grill insert in the front bumper. She keeps popping them out
Thats honestly ridiculous, lol. Four times? Jesus christ..

Bama SF3/X3 Power Flash Tuner, Ford Racing True Dual Exhaust, BBK Black Out Cold Air Intake, 4.10s, Pacesetter Ceramic LTs, Pypes High flow Cats and Mac Prochamber.
post #8 of 12 Old January 7th, 2014, 01:28 AM
Never go ass to mouth.

Quote:
Thats honestly ridiculous, lol. Four times? Jesus christ..
That's what I said, lol. They're around $100 a piece too. And a pain in the ass to snap into place.

CONVERTIBLE CREW #28
2004 Sixxer(RIP)
2007 GT Vert

Quote:
post #9 of 12 Old January 7th, 2014, 01:47 AM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by thE_iyE View Post
Was your chin spoiler DIY? How'd ya do it? Links?
I didn't make the spoiler if thats what you mean. I just installed it, lol. It was a CDC unpainted Chin Spoilers.

---------- Post added at 12:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Stallion View Post
That's what I said, lol. They're around $100 a piece too. And a pain in the ass to snap into place.
Yeah, when mine got ripped off I threw in the towel on buying another. It scrapped and roughed up the bottom of the fascia pretty bad. In time I'm going to just buy a whole new fascia. Deciding between the GT500 or GT/CS. I prefer the GT500 but the 1500 bucks for it is rough.

post #10 of 12 Old January 7th, 2014, 12:14 PM
hi you can call me mater

Op you could paint your rear deck lid or trunk area idk what you call them on the 05+ cars...
You could paint your stock rims...
Hell you could cut off your muffler install a preferred brand and install it with v clamps...
You could also paint some of your interior if your into that..
You could tint your tail lights too NOT with vht though, with rustoleum tint spray and coupld coats of clear...
You could lower your car by cutting your springs, its not recommended and at the same time some members swear they didnt notice a difference..
I think all this is simple diy mods..

"I wonder if I sprayed some on my junk, I could go raw dog and not get herpes. But first I'd have to find a female willing to have relations."-kmac1622
post #11 of 12 Old January 7th, 2014, 07:47 PM
Regular

I plasti dipped all the chrome on my pony package grille. I think the flat black emblems and such look much better than the chrome.

post #12 of 12 Old January 11th, 2014, 07:22 PM
Six life

I agree, plasti dip is great to make a quick change.

My GF has driven mine once and can't understand why it's 'hard to turn' and such lol...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page