Forums at Modded Mustangs

Forums at Modded Mustangs (https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/)
-   V6 Mustangs (https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/v6-mustangs/)
-   -   It just gets worse. (https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/v6-mustangs/583961-just-gets-worse.html)

Burning December 21st, 2015 02:08 PM

It just gets worse.
 
Well, I finally got to get some new wheels for my car. See picture below. They are 18x9/18x10's.

Before:
http://i.imgur.com/58oUkZW.jpg

With the new wheels on:
http://i.imgur.com/ej7HEtp.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/S2qREct.jpg

Had them on for 5 days then this happens....
http://i.imgur.com/9dozQzg.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Pg8rlTR.jpg?1
http://i.imgur.com/Ovz90NT.jpg?1
http://i.imgur.com/Ruy4Q5r.jpg?1

Needless to say i almost cried, nobody ever parks behind me where this guy did... And i was excited to go home early from work. As soon as i heard the thud i knew what had happened. To top everything off, my car keeps failing inspection because of not ready codes, so it is at the dealership getting a diagnostic done. There goes my fixing the car up money....

I cant win.

SlowSix December 21st, 2015 04:46 PM

Hopefully insurance pays for it. Could be worse though that looks like a pretty easy fix

klunker December 21st, 2015 07:42 PM

hang in there
 
that is a bummer , wheels looked great
youll get together again.
:surprise:

Burning December 22nd, 2015 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowSix (Post 11260601)
Hopefully insurance pays for it. Could be worse though that looks like a pretty easy fix

Insurance is covering the other car. I have a 500 dollar deductible, and with that they will only replace parts with what came on the car from the factory. Means my GT bumper that has original paint will be replaced with a V6 bumper. Also they will not cover the rim since its aftermarket.

I'm really contemplating just buying a single tire, throw some compound on the bumper and let it ride.

Quote:

Originally Posted by klunker (Post 11261001)
that is a bummer , wheels looked great
youll get together again.
:surprise:

Yeah i know the wheels look sick on silver. I hate chrome, but man these make me break my own neck everyday.

SlowSix December 22nd, 2015 11:38 AM

The body shop should work with you as far as getting you what you need. Plus that wheel is probably cheaper than oem.
Have insurance cut you a check and get what you need.

RunninOn6 December 22nd, 2015 11:58 AM

slowsix is right. Just use the v6 bumper money to buy a gt bumper through the shop.

Burning December 22nd, 2015 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowSix (Post 11262298)
The body shop should work with you as far as getting you what you need. Plus that wheel is probably cheaper than oem.
Have insurance cut you a check and get what you need.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunninOn6 (Post 11262338)
slowsix is right. Just use the v6 bumper money to buy a gt bumper through the shop.

Im worried about paint matching though. I had a GT hood painted silver and you could tell it was not factory. The bumper is factory silver, so im worried about it not matching.

SlowSix December 22nd, 2015 04:45 PM

If it doesn't match you should find a better body shop. Lol

Towelie December 22nd, 2015 04:58 PM

If the body shop is any good at all, they'll be able to match paint. Call your insurance company and ask for recommendations for a good body shop, they tend to not give money to the shops that suck donkey dick.

Also the fact that it's a factory paint color will make it much easier to match.

Either take the check and work with a shop yourself, or talk with a shop and see if they are willing to use aftermarket parts of your choosing. When I wrecked my car they were more than happy to let me pick different parts (California special bumper vs standard GT) and it even saved me some money. Aftermarket wheels are almost always much cheaper than OEM.

Derfdog15 January 3rd, 2016 10:17 PM

Also your insurance seems a little off saying they will only replace with parts that are OEM, as they should cover anything back to the way it was before an accident. My insurance people said if you have receipts for anything you do then they have to cover it for atleast that amount. When a friends dad backed into my left front and broke my aftermarket, clear corner dark tinted headlight the insurance was going to cover an aftermarket OEM style which was really cheap but once I told his company that they were aftermarket and I had receipts, they had to purchase me a new set to replace them, exactly as they were.

Either way good luck, and even if the insurance company themselves are hard to work with most bodyshops know how to work with the company and still make you happy. I could also be wrong but it looks the bumper just needs some fresh paint, and the rim may even be repairable though you will for sure need a new tire.

chicoman January 3rd, 2016 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burning (Post 11260321)
Well, I finally got to get some new wheels for my car. See picture below. They are 18x9/18x10's.

Before:
http://i.imgur.com/58oUkZW.jpg

With the new wheels on:
http://i.imgur.com/ej7HEtp.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/S2qREct.jpg

Had them on for 5 days then this happens....
http://i.imgur.com/9dozQzg.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Pg8rlTR.jpg?1
http://i.imgur.com/Ovz90NT.jpg?1
http://i.imgur.com/Ruy4Q5r.jpg?1

Needless to say i almost cried, nobody ever parks behind me where this guy did... And i was excited to go home early from work. As soon as i heard the thud i knew what had happened. To top everything off, my car keeps failing inspection because of not ready codes, so it is at the dealership getting a diagnostic done. There goes my fixing the car up money....

I cant win.

I feel your pain!
We've all had painful damge induced by non mustang owners. They just do not understand

Burning January 11th, 2016 03:26 PM

Well, I didnt do an insurance claim for one reason.. I cant get the damn car to pass NC State Inspection. For some reason the OBD2 system will not ready for following systems EGR, Catalytic, O2, O2 Heater. Ive driven it 2000 miles, and it will not ready the systems. So, i was in a time crunch getting back to school in KY i had to find something. Ended up turning in the plates, putting the car in the garage and putting the car cover on it till i have time to go back home and mess with it. For now though i have a 1994 Honda Civic, has 144k miles on it.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:07 AM.

powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Ent. Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome