It just gets worse. - Forums at Modded Mustangs
 3Likes
  • 2 Post By SlowSix
  • 1 Post By SlowSix

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old December 21st, 2015, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
Just tryin to survive

It just gets worse.

Well, I finally got to get some new wheels for my car. See picture below. They are 18x9/18x10's.

Before:

With the new wheels on:

Had them on for 5 days then this happens....

Needless to say i almost cried, nobody ever parks behind me where this guy did... And i was excited to go home early from work. As soon as i heard the thud i knew what had happened. To top everything off, my car keeps failing inspection because of not ready codes, so it is at the dealership getting a diagnostic done. There goes my fixing the car up money....

I cant win.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old December 21st, 2015, 03:46 PM
MOAR BOOST

Garage
Hopefully insurance pays for it. Could be worse though that looks like a pretty easy fix

Turbo Build Thread
post #3 of 12 Old December 21st, 2015, 06:42 PM
Regular

hang in there

that is a bummer , wheels looked great
youll get together again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old December 22nd, 2015, 07:31 AM Thread Starter
Just tryin to survive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSix View Post
Hopefully insurance pays for it. Could be worse though that looks like a pretty easy fix
Insurance is covering the other car. I have a 500 dollar deductible, and with that they will only replace parts with what came on the car from the factory. Means my GT bumper that has original paint will be replaced with a V6 bumper. Also they will not cover the rim since its aftermarket.

I'm really contemplating just buying a single tire, throw some compound on the bumper and let it ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klunker View Post
that is a bummer , wheels looked great
youll get together again.
Yeah i know the wheels look sick on silver. I hate chrome, but man these make me break my own neck everyday.
post #5 of 12 Old December 22nd, 2015, 10:38 AM
MOAR BOOST

Garage
The body shop should work with you as far as getting you what you need. Plus that wheel is probably cheaper than oem.
Have insurance cut you a check and get what you need.
RunninOn6 and Towelie like this.

Turbo Build Thread
post #6 of 12 Old December 22nd, 2015, 10:58 AM
aloha ke akua

slowsix is right. Just use the v6 bumper money to buy a gt bumper through the shop.

21 & Chasing Tail At College
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69fastback View Post
I know better than that, pimp daddy. You got a new hot one weekly.
post #7 of 12 Old December 22nd, 2015, 11:22 AM Thread Starter
Just tryin to survive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSix View Post
The body shop should work with you as far as getting you what you need. Plus that wheel is probably cheaper than oem.
Have insurance cut you a check and get what you need.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunninOn6 View Post
slowsix is right. Just use the v6 bumper money to buy a gt bumper through the shop.
Im worried about paint matching though. I had a GT hood painted silver and you could tell it was not factory. The bumper is factory silver, so im worried about it not matching.
post #8 of 12 Old December 22nd, 2015, 03:45 PM
MOAR BOOST

Garage
If it doesn't match you should find a better body shop. Lol
JRicky likes this.

Turbo Build Thread
post #9 of 12 Old December 22nd, 2015, 03:58 PM
Turbo > blower

If the body shop is any good at all, they'll be able to match paint. Call your insurance company and ask for recommendations for a good body shop, they tend to not give money to the shops that suck donkey dick.

Also the fact that it's a factory paint color will make it much easier to match.

Either take the check and work with a shop yourself, or talk with a shop and see if they are willing to use aftermarket parts of your choosing. When I wrecked my car they were more than happy to let me pick different parts (California special bumper vs standard GT) and it even saved me some money. Aftermarket wheels are almost always much cheaper than OEM.

Turbo build thread

sig by xocolleenox
Convertible Crew #27
post #10 of 12 Old January 3rd, 2016, 09:17 PM
Enthusiast

Garage
Also your insurance seems a little off saying they will only replace with parts that are OEM, as they should cover anything back to the way it was before an accident. My insurance people said if you have receipts for anything you do then they have to cover it for atleast that amount. When a friends dad backed into my left front and broke my aftermarket, clear corner dark tinted headlight the insurance was going to cover an aftermarket OEM style which was really cheap but once I told his company that they were aftermarket and I had receipts, they had to purchase me a new set to replace them, exactly as they were.

Either way good luck, and even if the insurance company themselves are hard to work with most bodyshops know how to work with the company and still make you happy. I could also be wrong but it looks the bumper just needs some fresh paint, and the rim may even be repairable though you will for sure need a new tire.

2003 Redfire & Black V6. Full suspension, 8.8 w/ 4.10s, tuned. 4.3L stroker + turbo capable of 550 hp soon

1992 5.0 Auto Hatchback...needs wiring, interior, ...basically everything

RIP: 2015 SHO PP, 12.87 @107 1/4 mile
post #11 of 12 Old January 3rd, 2016, 10:17 PM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning View Post
Well, I finally got to get some new wheels for my car. See picture below. They are 18x9/18x10's.

Before:

With the new wheels on:

Had them on for 5 days then this happens....

Needless to say i almost cried, nobody ever parks behind me where this guy did... And i was excited to go home early from work. As soon as i heard the thud i knew what had happened. To top everything off, my car keeps failing inspection because of not ready codes, so it is at the dealership getting a diagnostic done. There goes my fixing the car up money....

I cant win.
I feel your pain!
We've all had painful damge induced by non mustang owners. They just do not understand

1999 MUSTANG GT COUPE DARK SATIN GREEN,
VORTECH V2 TREADSTONE FMIC
post #12 of 12 Old January 11th, 2016, 02:26 PM Thread Starter
Just tryin to survive

Well, I didnt do an insurance claim for one reason.. I cant get the damn car to pass NC State Inspection. For some reason the OBD2 system will not ready for following systems EGR, Catalytic, O2, O2 Heater. Ive driven it 2000 miles, and it will not ready the systems. So, i was in a time crunch getting back to school in KY i had to find something. Ended up turning in the plates, putting the car in the garage and putting the car cover on it till i have time to go back home and mess with it. For now though i have a 1994 Honda Civic, has 144k miles on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page