long tube headrs v6 2000 mustang - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old December 30th, 2015, 10:44 PM Thread Starter

long tube headrs v6 2000 mustang

out of curiosity. I'm getting long tube headers put o my 00 mustang but was thinking, after the install wont the exhaust get pushed back to where the bends in the rear wont clear the obstacles in the back of the car. hope someone understand what I'm trying to say.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old December 31st, 2015, 07:34 AM
Enthusiast

Not sure what you mean by obstacles. With the LTs you are going to need to get a MAC O/R H or Prochamber to hook up the catback.

_

04 F250SD 4x4 6.0 PSD ---02 3.8L V6 Pony Procharger in progress ---90 BMW 535i

SMR #530-----Fobra Club Member #2-----Silver Sixxer Club Member #1
post #3 of 6 Old December 31st, 2015, 09:04 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyG47 View Post
Not sure what you mean by obstacles. With the LTs you are going to need to get a MAC O/R H or Prochamber to hook up the catback.

_
If I buy this from American muscle could It just be cut to fit long tubes
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100796_alt3.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	173378  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old December 31st, 2015, 09:54 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyronekndrck View Post
If I buy this from American muscle could It just be cut to fit long tubes
Probably - but that's an X-pipe and X's sound like shit on a V6. and that' also looks like it's meant for 94-98 V6s - don't know if that's what you have.

And in all honesty, save yourself the hassle of cutting and welding till it fits and just buy the proper midpipe and the whole thing bolt's itself together. Shop around or check the forum classifieds for better deals:

I don't know which brand LTs you're getting but here's the proper bolt-up pipe if you're running MACs:MAC Off-Road Shorty Mustang H-Pipe TF3820 (99-04 V6 w/ Long Tube Headers) - Free Shipping

EDIT - here case in point - $100 for one that's used plus a couple bucks for shipping:Part-Out: 2000 Mustang V6 | V6Mustang.com

Then pick your sound:1999-2004 Mustang Catback Exhaust | AmericanMuscle | Free Shipping

ANY catback will fit your car with the exception of the ones meant for Cobras as the IRS changes where the bends are.

Personally I'm running MAC LTs and the matching h-pipe I linked above. For the catback I went Flowmaster. Everything I got second hand from forum classifieds in pretty decent shape for used parts...

Also with running LTs you're catless - so look around for MIL eliminators or make your own.
_

04 F250SD 4x4 6.0 PSD ---02 3.8L V6 Pony Procharger in progress ---90 BMW 535i

SMR #530-----Fobra Club Member #2-----Silver Sixxer Club Member #1
post #5 of 6 Old January 4th, 2016, 01:07 AM
Regular

i honestly like the sound of an x pipe on a v6. i'll probably go that route since i had my prochamber taken off a few months back. Always like to mix it up. OP you may check with your local shop. The kit you posted will fit. Exhausts are pretty interchangable from sn95s to new edges (heck my tailpipes are off a fox) For the price of that kit plus what it will take the shop to fab it up to fit they can probably just build you a full setup off the long tubes. which tune are you going with after the install or are you just doing mil eliminators

post #6 of 6 Old January 11th, 2016, 11:12 AM
Enthusiast

I like the way my X pipe sounds as well but mines dumped out the sides so its a different sound then guys with it coming out the back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page