Air release noise from engine? stock 2011 v6 - Forums at Modded Mustangs
 4Likes
  • 1 Post By David Young
  • 2 Post By BWAL
  • 1 Post By David Young

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old February 22nd, 2017, 12:31 AM Thread Starter

Air release noise from engine? stock 2011 v6

If anyone else has a 2011 v6 auto that can test to see if it happens on theirs to that would help. It only happens when you turn the engine off. See video
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old February 22nd, 2017, 05:33 AM
Regular

Garage
I have a 2011 v6 automatic. The Styrofoam crap is just to deaden sound and not a heat shield, I think ? That's what I 'think' its for. My Mustang 'does not' make this sound. Come back when you find out what's doing it when you find out
Renownedd likes this.

'Little Red'. V6 Automatic Transmission. C&L C.A.I. BBK Long Tube Headers. BBK Catted Shorty X-pipe. Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs. 3.73 Rear Gears. GT 500 Lower Control Arms. Axle Exchange Aluminum Driveshaft. Steeda Sports. Steeda Watts Link.
post #3 of 8 Old February 22nd, 2017, 01:28 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Young View Post
I have a 2011 v6 automatic. The Styrofoam crap is just to deaden sound and not a heat shield, I think ? That's what I 'think' its for. My Mustang 'does not' make this sound. Come back when you find out what's doing it when you find out
I have determined it is coming from the intake. I took the cover over and stuck my head in there and put my ear to the hole leading to the throttle body and it made the noise much louder. You can even kinda feel the rush of air coming back down the intake from the throttle body. I will be taking it to the dealership to get it diagnosed. I am afraid the rodents probably chewed up a vacuum tube/seal somewhere and that is why it is now making this noise...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old February 22nd, 2017, 01:54 PM
Administrator

these cars want to be driven so sometimes when they're turned off they just sigh
David Young and Rparra like this.

'65 Fastback
'89 LX 5.0
'90 LX 5.0
'92 LX 5.0
'92 LX 5.0
'97 Cobra

post #5 of 8 Old February 22nd, 2017, 09:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAL View Post
these cars want to be driven so sometimes when they're turned off they just sigh
funny but please I want legitimate advice, not jokes. Thanks
post #6 of 8 Old February 25th, 2017, 01:30 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Young View Post
Are you 100% sure it does not? I have determined it is releasing air back down the intake tube.
post #7 of 8 Old February 25th, 2017, 07:39 AM
Regular

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renownedd View Post
Are you 100% sure it does not? I have determined it is releasing air back down the intake tube.
OK. Good news for you. I just went out and checked. Mine does it too. I've never noticed it before, probably because I always have the radio on plus my mufflers are a little loud
Renownedd likes this.

'Little Red'. V6 Automatic Transmission. C&L C.A.I. BBK Long Tube Headers. BBK Catted Shorty X-pipe. Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs. 3.73 Rear Gears. GT 500 Lower Control Arms. Axle Exchange Aluminum Driveshaft. Steeda Sports. Steeda Watts Link.
post #8 of 8 Old April 6th, 2017, 11:39 PM Thread Starter

I have come to the conclusion this is "normal" and I just never noticed it before. I have not had the car very long.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/v6-mustangs/617553-air-release-noise-engine-stock-2011-v6.html
Posted By For Type Date
Air release noise from engine? stock 2011 v6 - Ford Mustang Forum This thread Refback March 23rd, 2018 09:50 AM
Air release noise from engine? stock 2011 v6 - Ford Mustang Forum This thread Refback February 25th, 2017 07:30 AM