Engine Light On and... - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old October 12th, 2019, 10:31 PM Thread Starter
Regular

Engine Light On and...

Ok, Light went on, the shop did a free test, "code P050 stored in memory. Cold start exhaust out of range."
They reset it and the next day it went back on. So next week I'm gonna see if they can fix it.
My car is due now for a smog test (when I do this I return my SCT tune to "back to stock").
So should I go "back to stock" with the light on before getting it fixed or have them fix it while it has a mild SCT tune?
Thanks!

Sixpkv6

07 V6 5 speed Coupe in California.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old October 13th, 2019, 04:40 PM
Qwik Enuff

You don't have longtube headers with o2 extensions, do you?? If yes,that combination has been known to cause the code.If no,the obdll info at the bottom explains the other possible causes of the code.
Bank 2 sensor 1= o2 sensor on the driver side pre cat position.

If your battery has to be disconnected for any reason while its at the shop,make sure your readiness monitors are all complete before you go to the testing facility.These can be checked with a scan tool to verify their status.If you dont own a scanner,get one.Walmart sells one for $34.88 which has live & freeze frame data,IM readiness status,clears codes,etc,etc.
On the 86-95 Mustangs,when a emission related sensor was replaced,the battery had to be disconnected to both clear the codes out and clear the kam (keep alive memory).Im unsure if the same is needed for the 96+ models??If it is,drive cycles will be needed to set the readiness monitors again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	You_Doodle_2017-10-06T22_38_22Z_zps5icalcn3.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	203959  

91 LX 342ci (10.5:1)
TFS 190cc (stage ll)
TFS Track Heat
Lunati 61011(.549"/.565")
Flowtech 1 3/4" Shorties
QA1 Coilovers
Weld ProStar XP'S

ISIT EVER ENUFF

Last edited by wbrockstar; October 13th, 2019 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Additional Info
post #3 of 4 Old October 14th, 2019, 01:33 AM Thread Starter
Regular

Thanks for the info!
No headers, stock engine except for a mild SCT tune and duel exhaust. My question is should (with my SCT tuner) go "back to stock" while the engine light on. My concern is I might cause damage and if I don't the shop will work on my car while it has a mild tune on it. Is that a problem?
Thanks!

Last edited by sixpkv6; October 14th, 2019 at 05:28 AM. Reason: updated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old November 3rd, 2019, 07:01 AM
Regular

Garage
You know your SCT handheld tuner can read and reset 'check engine' codes? Reset the check engine light then return to stock. See if the check engine light comes back on...………..If it does, then try to fix why it's happening.

'Little Red'. V6 Automatic Transmission. C&L C.A.I. BBK Long Tube Headers. BBK Catted Shorty X-pipe. Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs. 3.73 Rear Gears. GT 500 Lower Control Arms. Axle Exchange Aluminum Driveshaft. Steeda Sports. Steeda Watts Link.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page