starting out - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 35 Old August 12th, 2008, 09:57 PM Thread Starter

starting out

Hi guys I just purchased a new 2007 V6 Mustang. I have decided the first purchase I want to make for it is its exhaust system. So I've been looking at exhaust systems for about 2 weeks now and am still searching. I recently went to Midas and had it inspected to see if it could fit duals if they cut out a peice for the left tailpipe. They said they could not put duals on this car because there are fuel lines in the way and that to have the pipes or muffler so close to them is dangerous. So no duals on the car they said. Well I had heard there were adapters for V6 mustangs to fit a dual system and that the adapter lets the piping bypass the lines. I tried many places including americanmuscle and there seems to be none of these adapters for 05-08 models. So I guess my first question is are there adapters for a 2007 4.0 liter that would let me fit duals? Do they even manafacture them for my year? Also, I was thinking if it turns out I cannot get duals on my car then is it fine to go with a single large tailpipe?
The last question was about the exhaust itself, I was looking at getting a Bassani Catback system(not a full kit, i cant remove the catalytic converters i guess) but the whole after-cat system. I was wondering if you guys thought Bassani was a good choice and if you had any links on a good Bassani catback system for a 2007 V6 mustang. Dual if you know of where to get this adapter. Single tip if you dont think I can put duals.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and it may be obvious that I am not knowledgable of Mustangs yet. Any mistakes can be gladly corrected. Thanks for any and all help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 Old August 12th, 2008, 11:16 PM
Enthusiast

You can run a dual exhaust lots of people run them. As far as bassani goes theyre quality is AMAZING. Even if you where to get a "full kit" you could still get a catted mid pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmac1622 View Post
Ponie I will give you $100 for 1 hour with your car, no rules, no lube
post #3 of 35 Old August 13th, 2008, 01:49 AM Thread Starter

How do I run them? Midas said not possible on my car with the fuel line there. And how much does a full Bassani exhuast kit usually go for? Whats the difference of a "catted mid pipe" and just getting a Bassani catback? Also do dual tailpipes or one large one sound better?

Last edited by KratosX90; August 13th, 2008 at 01:52 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 35 Old August 13th, 2008, 04:31 AM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by KratosX90 View Post
How do I run them? Midas said not possible on my car with the fuel line there. And how much does a full Bassani exhuast kit usually go for? Whats the difference of a "catted mid pipe" and just getting a Bassani catback? Also do dual tailpipes or one large one sound better?
Your first mistake was going to midas a mid pipe is the pipe in the middle of the car where the AXLE back goes im not going to lie to you most of the V6 cars i hear sound good at a low rpm then when they get on it, it sounds terrible Bassani is pretty expensive. Just do some google searches and you'll see what im talking about

Quote:
post #5 of 35 Old August 13th, 2008, 06:14 AM
Hip Hop Artist

Send a message via AIM to Youngin
cant agree with that anymore.. my car sounds good at 1900-3000 then after that .. wow..

ItaliStang Made.. Maybe Red But Makes One Hell Of A Sig

http://www.myspace.com/moddedmustangz
Modded Mustang's Song

post #6 of 35 Old August 13th, 2008, 07:03 AM
Enthusiast

im too tired to explain things. i'll get some sleep and then i'll give you the 411. Also youngin when is JuanBuilt going to install those springs?

Quote:
post #7 of 35 Old August 13th, 2008, 12:48 PM
Enthusiast

We actually sell two kits specifically made to convert the V6 to true duals. Both kits attach after the catalytic converters, so you keep your factory cats.

Magnaflow Dual Exhaust Catback System for the 2005-2006 Mustang V6 at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

Pypes 409 Stainless Steel V6 Dual Pipe Conversion Kit (2005+ V6) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

One thing to note is these V6 systems come with different mufflers then the GT catbacks do. The ones that come with the V6 systems will more then likely sound better on a mostly stock/bolt-on V6 Mustang and also help keep back pressure higher so you don't loose bottom end torque. Using an adapter would make you use a GT system, so you might have too little back pressure for the naturally aspirated V6 motor and/or make undesirable sound.
post #8 of 35 Old August 13th, 2008, 05:24 PM Thread Starter

where should I go then instead of Midas? If I ordered a Bassani system online could I take it to midas to be installed? Another place nearby me is the "Sacramento Mustang" shop, and the "Throttle Stop shop".
post #9 of 35 Old August 13th, 2008, 05:37 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
where should I go then instead of Midas? If I ordered a Bassani system online could I take it to midas to be installed? Another place nearby me is the "Sacramento Mustang" shop, and the "Throttle Stop shop".
Look at the post before yours If you lived closer to me I would help you install it but it sounds like you're in sacramento. Dont take it to midas. A decent muffler shop will be able to do it. Its really not that difficult

Quote:
post #10 of 35 Old August 13th, 2008, 06:05 PM Thread Starter

His are Pypes and Magnaflow though? I was looking into Bassani if thats possible.
And Her Name is ponie if it changes anything im actually not in sacramento im in Granite Bay. Near Roseville.

Also I dont understand how getting those Dual Exhaust systems would let me bypass that fuel line that is where the left tip would go? (very close to it)
post #11 of 35 Old August 13th, 2008, 06:19 PM
Enthusiast

I dont want to sound like an asshole but truth be told it will be hard to get your car to sound good. It doesnt matter who you go with. Bassani sounds great but only on a V8. I havent seen the fuel line you're talking about on a sixer but there alot of guys around running a dual exhaust so i dont think there is any issue. If you want a nice sounding exhaust try running the magna flow magna packs. It doesnt matter which exhaust you run its going to sound great at low rpms and once you pass 3000rpm its going to sound bad.

Quote:
post #12 of 35 Old August 13th, 2008, 07:01 PM Thread Starter

the magnaflow will sound better than Bassani you think? I dont think they have a Full Exhaust kit from Bassani for my Mustang, but you think the Magnaflow ones would sound better than a Bassani catback?

And about the fuel lines I dont know what to do because all anyone ever mentions about putting duals on a V6 is that you need a "rear valance modification" I assume that is basically cutting out a space for the other tailpipe. But I havent heard of any complications like mine and all the mechanics at Midas told me I cant get duals on my car with those fuel lines in the way and that I'd have to get a single pipe.

And mine is 100% stock. The guy said only SOME V6's have these fuel lines there and I guess mine is one of em! So what I do?
post #13 of 35 Old August 13th, 2008, 07:13 PM
Enthusiast

I'm pretty sure the guys at midas dont know what theyre talking about. Once again you're not using a CAT back youre using an axle back Just go with the magna flow kit. I'm running a bassani X pipe and a borla axle back and i love my set up. But once again you're running a V6.

Quote:
post #14 of 35 Old August 13th, 2008, 10:25 PM Thread Starter

why am I using a axle not a Cat back? I wanted the catback sytem, what is an axle back? Or why not what you have? A Bassani X pipe and a Bassani axle back? Wouldnt that cover it all?

And I have to disagree im sure the Midas people know a thing or two, they must, theyre certified and they are a big name thats been around a long time, I'd be dissapointed if they were wrong though but I cant imagine thats so.

But what about the Bassani X pipe and Bassani axle back exhaust system? Is that possible on mine? Id reaaly like to go with Bassani for personal rea

Does an X-pipe always have dual exhaust tips? If not, I might get that with just a single large pipe because I dont know if I can get Bassani duals on it. I may be in a very few number of V6 owners that have these stupid fuel lines.

Last edited by KratosX90; August 13th, 2008 at 10:27 PM.
post #15 of 35 Old August 13th, 2008, 10:37 PM
Enthusiast

I give up

Quote:
post #16 of 35 Old August 14th, 2008, 02:20 PM Thread Starter

Cmon. Its a forum thats why im here! Youve been real helpful but now your leaving me hangin!?

Im going to call Bassani today and ask of these two dealers near me which one they would recommend for my Mustang. Then my friend is calling his buddies in Danville at Apexmotorsports(where he got his car done) if its true you cant get duals with these fuel lines or if Midas just didn't get it right. If I discover I can put duals and then Bassani gives me a recomendation on a shop near me, then I can go and get it done there. Any other suggestions or does that sound good enough?
post #17 of 35 Old August 14th, 2008, 09:47 PM
Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to myeleanor Send a message via Yahoo to myeleanor
Quote:
Cmon. Its a forum thats why im here! Youve been real helpful but now your leaving me hangin!?

Im going to call Bassani today and ask of these two dealers near me which one they would recommend for my Mustang. Then my friend is calling his buddies in Danville at Apexmotorsports(where he got his car done) if its true you cant get duals with these fuel lines or if Midas just didn't get it right. If I discover I can put duals and then Bassani gives me a recomendation on a shop near me, then I can go and get it done there. Any other suggestions or does that sound good enough?
here let me help. i got you juan...ok so you can get it done wit ur fuel line. Its jus a matter of getting the pipe down the car. Ok so first if you wanna run dual your gonna need either an h or x pipe. Then your gonna need to run pipe down the length of the car. Then your gonna need to chose an axle back exhaust, if you want bassani go for it. its your car. Then chose an axle back exhaust. Bassani works too...its your car. Then theres the issue of you not having a left cutout...so either cut the bumper or buy a gt. As for Midas..if i want my oil changed and im lazy ill go there....DO NOT go there for exhaust...go to a muffler shop. You will need to weld..and hang new piping..its not a bolt on thing. Your car was not made for dual exhaust. If you have any questions address them to me..ill help ya man

Quote:
why am I using a axle not a Cat back? I wanted the catback sytem, what is an axle back? Or why not what you have? A Bassani X pipe and a Bassani axle back? Wouldnt that cover it all?

And I have to disagree im sure the Midas people know a thing or two, they must, theyre certified and they are a big name thats been around a long time, I'd be dissapointed if they were wrong though but I cant imagine thats so.

But what about the Bassani X pipe and Bassani axle back exhaust system? Is that possible on mine? Id reaaly like to go with Bassani for personal rea

Does an X-pipe always have dual exhaust tips? If not, I might get that with just a single large pipe because I dont know if I can get Bassani duals on it. I may be in a very few number of V6 owners that have these stupid fuel lines.
ok axle back is where your rear end is...,ie your tires and the exhaust system includes a muffler and tip. The cat back goes from your cat convertor and will include piping to the muffler and the muffler itself.

Mod list got too long for my sig...check my garage for complete list of mods
post #18 of 35 Old August 14th, 2008, 10:21 PM Thread Starter

Thanks a lot man. Ya im likely going to Sacramento Mustang right near me to get a Dual Bassani catback X-pipe and see if they can cut the space for the left tailpipe with a template and put that thing on. Man I hope so. All my questions really have been answered ill PM you if I run into new ones. Thanks a lot!
post #19 of 35 Old August 14th, 2008, 10:27 PM
Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to myeleanor Send a message via Yahoo to myeleanor
Quote:
Thanks a lot man. Ya im likely going to Sacramento Mustang right near me to get a Dual Bassani catback X-pipe and see if they can cut the space for the left tailpipe with a template and put that thing on. Man I hope so. All my questions really have been answered ill PM you if I run into new ones. Thanks a lot!
no worries..here to help and rep appreciated. to be honest, id run a bassani x to a bassani axle back..it makes more sense..you dont need a full cat back exhaust. Make sure they cut the bumper right cuz otherwise it'll look tacky. Ive seen some messed up exhaust systems that would be great if they would jus mount and cut the bumper right.

Mod list got too long for my sig...check my garage for complete list of mods
post #20 of 35 Old August 14th, 2008, 11:22 PM
Enthusiast

*slaps forehead at how quick that was*

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page