Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 GT 5 speed. I'm having some issues getting the front end aligned correctly.

I a while ago installed H&R Super Sport Springs with Tokico illumina shocks. I also got a set of Maximum Motorsports CCplates.

Ever since I have installed this setup I have a lot of negative camber. The front tires lean pretty bad (-1.8 degrees - Ford Spec is -1.3 to 0.3) Recently went to get a alignment and they were unable to bring it out any further. The shock piston is hitting the opening of the shock tower hole. Preventing us from getting a more positive camber adjustment.

Has anyone else ran into this issue? Any ideas on how to correct? I know some of those AutoX guys like this camber setup. However, it just looks goofy to me and is giving me unwanted tire wear.

Anything would be helpful.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Ask your alignment shop to try swapping the top plates. It may extend your range of adjustment. It should be explained in your CC plate directions.

·
Registered
405 Posts
You can get the adjustable alignment bolts that bolts the strut/coilover to the spindle. It will give you more adjustment without moving the strut/coilover

1 - 5 of 5 Posts