Modded Mustang Forums banner

00 gt having a problem

750 views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  Ksmith7548 
#1 ·
hey everyone, i own a 2000 mustang gt, just dropped a brand new long block into it 600 miles ago. Ive been having this problem ever since ive owned the car, old motor, and new... It idles great, runs great, does everything right when its cold, then the minute it warms up you cant give it any gas without it giving out and basically stopping the car. ive got a brand new wiring harness, i switched out my injectors for some used 04 ones, changed all the spark plugs, and still no results. I checked my idle fuel pressure and its in spec. Basically what happens is once it warms up you can nail the gas pedal and it will throw you back in your seat until about 2500 to 3000 rpm then you fly forward as the car just cuts out. anyone have any ideas?

Discussion starter · #7 ·
ya, when i say it stops, i mean like, it loses ALL power in a nasty shuddering, fuel starving kind of way, but it dosent completly turn off. I noticed on a scan tool that one of the oxygen sensors voltage is way off compared to the others, and i also havent checked fuel pressure when it actually happens, There isnt a specific rpm but its usually right around 2500,3500 in the lower gears, but if i put it in 5th and try to step on it at say around 50 mph and 1500 rpms, it studders so badly, no pick up and once again this only happens when car is warm, runs like a top when its cold

Discussion starter · #13 ·
haah sorry dude ide love to give it to ya but the machine shop i got my new motor from took the old one for a core charge, and it does it in neutral too, it wont rev all the way up when its warm, but when its cold it does, its just way worse under a load, this problem happend in both motors

Discussion starter · #18 ·
figured it out everyone, it is the fuel pump, it can supply enough pressure to let the car idle and slightly accelerate, but not enough to really drive the car. used a fuel pressure test inbetween the fuel filter and tank, only 25 psi and dosent change if you block off the flow or not.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.