Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I should’ve done this intro a while ago but I suppose better late than never! I’ve been lurking here on the forums for several months now reading through threads and builds and the information has been invaluable. Of the forums that I’ve frequented over the years, this is one of best communities of helpful members and I wish I would’ve found it sooner.
I’ve owned my 2000 GT since 2002 and it’s been my secondary car since about 2009. I’ve had a couple of other cars during that time that took my attention away as far as modding (including a 370z :shiftyeyes and 2011 Mustang GT) but for the last few years my daily driver has been a 2015 F150 so I can put some attention back to my 00GT:smile2:
The car has had most of the basic bolt-ons forever including Full exhaust (Mac Longtube headers, Dr.Gas Offroad X pipe, flowmaster mufflers welded into an edelbrock catback), Steeda UD pullies, K&N FPIK, Accufab Plenum with 75mm throttlebody, Steeda Sport springs, J&M LCA’s and CC plates some KYB shocks & struts (second full set as of recently). I recently swapped my steeda sport springs for some H&R SS springs. The car was dynotuned at Fordpartsnetwork in 2004 and it made 263/303.

I've been slowly piecing to SC kit and installing it a little at a time (when I have time, mostly on weekends or a couple hours here and there). My SC build list looks very similar to several here, maybe even exactly the same as some.
Vortech V3
CXracing 4’’ FMIC
SVT Focus Fuel Pump with Kenne Bell Boost-a-pump
Ford 47lb Injectors
SCT BA5000 MAF
NGK TR6’s
4” DIY Powerpipe with aem 21-3059dk filter (this filter is ridiculously big)
Tial 50mm BOV
PCV system ran to breather can
PLX wideband and boost

I recently got it all bolted up and now I’m in the process of trying to get a base tune so please let me know if you have any recommendations :grin2:

Ultimately I’m just trying to make my fun weekend cruiser a little more fun and to make sure it’s faster than my truck haha.

I've added a couple of pics to mygarage. :drink

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

As an update: Since March I did a remote tune from Unleashed Tuning. A few weeks ago my intake manifold broke where the heater line hooks up in the back so I had to replace that with a new Ford unit. I'm now in the process of doing a PPRV delete to fix some hesitation between shifts. :smile2:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts