Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok my buddy has an 2000 gt 5-speed and we had a good amount of rain last week and he drove down a flooded street and the car stalled in the water. we had it towed to his house and it wont start. im not sure if the motor is hydrolocked but wen you turn the key the tack and speedo needles top out and trying to jumped start the stater just spins and dont make contact with the flywheel. my opinion the computer is f*cked and the engine prob sucked in water but wat can i check to see wat the actual damage is.

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
Does he have a CAI? You could pull the plugs out, and try to turn it over.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Could have shorted out the starter, and the gear is not extending. i.e its just turning in the housing and not extending.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i checked to see if the air filter was wet and it didnt even have one(stock air box). i wanted to slap him for driving in the water in the first place but no filter is just dumb. ill put the starter out for him and test it at me work and go from there. but why would the gauges tweek out wen you turn the key.

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
i checked to see if the air filter was wet and it didnt even have one(stock air box). i wanted to slap him for driving in the water in the first place but no filter is just dumb. ill put the starter out for him and test it at me work and go from there. but why would the gauges tweek out wen you turn the key.
I know if you have the battery disconnected for a while, they do a full sweep until you start it again.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
when the battery is near dead the gauges will do what your talking about too

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
It rains a lot around here in the spring. I've stalled in deep water before without hydrolocking the car. So has my daughter. Sometimes the mufflers fill up with water and the exhaust has no where to go. I had to crank and crank to get the car started. It would run a little and quit. After doing this many times I finally got enough water out of the exhaust to let the car run.

The ignition could be wet. Let it dry and try it later. Normally, if a starter doesn't engage the flywheel it indicates a bad starter.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I've had this happen to me TONS OF TIMES with a dirtbike and a fourwheeler. l0l. We'd drive through rivers and get to deep and stall em... If you take the plugs out it will shoot all the water out the exhaust...

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok i pulled the plugs today and one had ice on the tip so water deffinatly got in the motor. i dont know how much. i charged the battery and i wanna put it in to see if i can get it to turn over with the plugs out but wat can i put in the cylinders for the moisture.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts