Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my dad just got an 08 v6 vert, and at dinner we started busting either oths balls about each others car so it ended up like this....ok meet you on the drag strip this summer and we will see...
so my question is what will it take to beat my dad (obviously its for fun)

so my car
00 v6
standard
stock now, but will have tlok with 3.73 gears and windstar, and exhaust
(im aware exhuast doesnt realy do anything but sound but with everything else it might give somthing)

dads car
08 v6
auto
stock

just wondering cuz if my numbers are correct at the crank hp is as followed

99-04 v6 190 hp/235tq
05-10 v6 210hp/240tq

so yeah imput

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the windstar has been dyno'd to add 7wrhp/15wrtq so right there thts damn close it comes down to the driver and not spinnig wheels and ill have 3.73s so mabey...plus he has an auto so idk

and nitros would be good but im going the cam route this late summer so no2 is not in my field but thanks for th imput....anything else guys? like let me hear it lol

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
btw sence this is the drag section stock v6's of my year ive been told runs mid/high 15's low low 16s if bone stock ...what can i expect with a cam (lumpy cam) which i have been told ads about 40hp and tq....roughly can i hit high 14s?
if the numbers i crunched are correct i should be around 230wrhp/250ish tq

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Just a fyi it is more than likely going to be a drivers race, and at a track it takes a lot of practice to get the launch down with a stick car.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the tunner i iwll have when i get my gears and tlok installed in a couple of wks also i have pure summer tires on the car now...245/45/17 coper zeons which if not good in ur eyes ha yet to slip on me lol.....yet

·
Registered
52 Posts
well i have an hp sniper tune and shorties auto , and i took my friends 07 auto with mods but no tuner from a rolll he coulnt catch up lol so yea with ur comin mods u will take him easy goodluck

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
Its a drivers race at where you stand now on a track. Even with those mods you mentioned it is still a drivers race. Good luck.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts