Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
LampLTD
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, new here on MM as a member. Used these forums a lot for mods I've been doing. I'm Joel from New Mexico (USA) and really into cars at 17.

2001 Mustang Bullitt decently modded, track it almost every other weekend, run 14.5's at my high elevation. Will post pics soon when i get time.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Welcome! I cant wait to see your pics. I recently hit 13.9 with my bullitt with its mods at 2k feet elevation.

·
aloha ke akua
13,177 Posts
Dang, nice car! Pics? I'm about your age and I can imagine you slaved for that car.

·
IG: opiesvt
8,782 Posts
Welcome!

That's pretty sweet to be able to track your car that often.. Wish I lived near a track.

Dang, nice car! Pics? I'm about your age and I can imagine you slaved for that car.
Pictures x2

It's really quite refreshing to see a youngster who seems to have worked for what he's got and doesn't come off as a complete ass like you-know-who. *cough*Traxx*cough*

Damn cold :shiftyeyes

·
aloha ke akua
13,177 Posts
Welcome!

That's pretty sweet to be able to track your car that often.. Wish I lived near a track.

Pictures x2

It's really quite refreshing to see a youngster who seems to have worked for what he's got and doesn't come off as a complete ass like you-know-who. *cough*Traxx*cough*

Damn cold :shiftyeyes
Even if he didn't buy it, I'm sure he's not a jerk haha :) ... Also, he probably has some helpful experience and knowledge to add from his track experience.

·
IG: opiesvt
8,782 Posts
If someone bought that car for him, I'm going to reach through this iPhone screen and choke you, runninon6.

That's right -- you will take the fall.

·
aloha ke akua
13,177 Posts
LOL, I hope he bought it, but I don't mind either way, seeing as my dad shed out 4 grand toward mine when i got it. If he did buy it MAJOR KUDOS because that's a freaking nice car for a 17 yr old! :)

·
LampLTD
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks

Haha i paid five grand for it when i bought it. It was in crappy condition and in dire need of some TLC. paint was chipping and cracking, body parts were broken, engine was running decently but not to full potential. bought it off some guy in Deming NM who treated it like crap. i paid for most of it but parents helped me. i do most of the wrench turning and my father helps with parts/knowledge. i wash, detail, clay, wax, vacuum and clean her very often. spent hundreds of hours under her hood and frame. I run consistant 14.6's at the track at about 4500 feet. I put on and take off a pair of M/T drag radials everytime we go. My Dad has an Azure blue 2004 Mach 1 that is essentially stock other than a pair of flowmasters. my sister has a completely stock bright yellow '01 GT that she tracks every now and then. i'll try to post some recent pictures soon.

Mods on my Bullitt (that i can think of)
CAI (i re-routed to wheel well)
BBK Shorty headers
xpipe and full Catback flowmasters american thunder 40 series
3.73 gears
Stage 2 Comp Cams
pro 5.0 short shifter
SCT Tuner
M/T Drag Radials
as far as performance, thats all i can think of off the top of my head

·
Registered
711 Posts
Welcome to MM! lets see some pics of the ride

·
aloha ke akua
13,177 Posts
Awesome! Fam of stangers. Sounds like you deserve that bullit! Wish I had the knowledge to resurrect a Mustang one day, but I have no one to teach me LOL

·
LampLTD
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Out on my street a few weeks ago. Right after I got 5% tint. I took off the numbers last week. Those were for dragging the days before.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
That is awesome. I'm glad to see you taking good care of the Bullitt. I too got my bullitt cheap and hammered. the ex wife of the previous owner slashed the driver seat ( because she was mad at her husband) and had hit the car into a couple things. Mine is in good hands now. Its cool your dad has an Azure Blue Mach1. I love my AB mach1. I drive my Bullitt on the weekdays everywhere and keep the Mach 1 in the garage and drive it mostly on the weekends.
BTW if you don't know about it already, IMBOC.com is the international Mustang Bullitt club and is full of great bullitt information. they also have a registry showing all the bullitts by number and color. you can add yours to the list. its alot of fun. I'm a member.

·
Registered
473 Posts
glad to see another Bullitt join the site, Glad to hear you take care of the car. i am also a member on IMBOC.com its a great site as well. You will learn a lot from these two sites. Welcome man

·
LampLTD
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Great! Good to here that she is in better hands! And yes, I'm a member of IMBOC and i have the sticker on driver's bottom of windshield! #632! Thanks everybody!

·
Registered
102 Posts
:welcome

Great job bringing a badass stang back to life!

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Welcome from another bullitt owner!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts