Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm finally getting around to installing my ON3 turbo kit so i figured i'd start a thread. I got a first gen kit for a good price when I bought the car. Heres what i got so far:

1st gen on3 kit
76mm on3 turbo
Ford racing shorty headers
Siemens deka 60lb injectors
03 cobra tank
cobra hat/pumps
slot maf

Here she sits before I started taking her apart.

The kit/headers

Got the front end up prepping to pull the K.

Pulling off my BBK catless X. Apparently I scraped on something. Good thing the rear o2s are shut off anyways.

Got my ass kicked by the evap canister in the cobra tank. Ended up taking a dremel to it and pushing it in through the tank. Hope the one on my current tank comes out easier.

:bash:

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

Got my AEM boost gauge and wideband

I spent quite some time trying to figure out how I wanted to mount my gauges. I really didn't want to do the typical pillar pod. Don't really like the steering column mount and blocking my ac vents are not an option. So I ended up going with the Speed of Sound pillar pod.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Got the K member out.

Dropped the pan to drill for the turbo drain and found this in the pan.

The lower piece is actually a piece of grass or something. The piece of metal is decent size, but its the first time I've dropped the pan so who knows how long its been in there. Not really concerned.

Not a big fan of how my motor is being held at the moment. Lol I need to get my bung put on the pan so I can get a jack back on it. Right now its just held up by this and a jack on the tranny.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Looking good man! Looks like a fun build.

You drilled the oil pan though?? Aren't you supposed to punch it then tap it? I guess if the pan is off it shouldn't matter.. Unless your welding a fitting on (I'd recommend)

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looking good man! Looks like a fun build.

You drilled the oil pan though?? Aren't you supposed to punch it then tap it? I guess if the pan is off it shouldn't matter.. Unless your welding a fitting on (I'd recommend)
I don't really like the whole tapping idea, esp with it installed. Plus I just can't imagine it being real solid in there with just the bent in pan to thread on to. I know it works well for alot of people, just not my choice. Since the K-memeber had to come out anyways to pull my longtubes, dropping the pan was an easy choice. I wanted to weld a bung on. I happen to have access to AN fittings at work, but they are all aluminum. This is what I ended up with.

I'm gonna throw a crush washer on it and some red locktight. Crank it down and hope for the best.

·
The Little 2v That Could
1,623 Posts
Can't wait to see the results, on3 was the plan right after I got my Bullitt, but I went a different route.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Yeah I forgot you had to drop the K regardless. I'd much rather weld the bung on too.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I forgot you had to drop the K regardless. I'd much rather weld the bung on too.
Yea I really would prefer that, but can't weld aluminum to the pan and I can't turn down free fittings. I still think it will be more secure than tapping the pan, and I don't have to worry about shavings with the pan pulled.

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 PM ----------

Car looks sick man. Will be following this build for sure..
Thanks man!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pulled the longtubes today. I'd almost forgotten how much of a pita they are.

Got the fitting on my pan and reinstalled that.

Pulled the motor mounts too. They look fine, but i doubt they've been replaced since there is only 63k on the car. Figured I might as well do them while i'm there.

On a side note does anyone know wtf is supposed to go in this hole?

Its on the passenger side, basically right next to the starter (as you can see in the pic). I've had passengers complain about cold air coming in and freezing their feet. I'm pretty sure this is the culprit.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
On a side note does anyone know wtf is supposed to go in this hole?

Its on the passenger side, basically right next to the starter (as you can see in the pic). I've had passengers complain about cold air coming in and freezing their feet. I'm pretty sure this is the culprit.
Looks like a nice project man. Btw, that whole is for condensation for the ac condenser to drain out, it's supposed to be open, so no don't worry about it.

Keep it up!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looks like a nice project man. Btw, that whole is for condensation for the ac condenser to drain out, it's supposed to be open, so no don't worry about it.

Keep it up!
So thats not where air would be coming in the cabin then?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Not much progress today. Installed the shorties. Was hoping to get my k-member back in, but i'm still waiting on my motor mounts to come in.....

1 - 20 of 62 Posts