Modded Mustang Forums banner

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Still slow.
8,738 Posts
I bought them off a dude on corral for $220 shipped. He claimed they cost him $400 but idk. Couldn't tell ya what they normally run.
Damn, I'd love to get a set like that but can't say I've ever come across a 2v set. Good find man!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Well, not too much progress this weekend. My motor mounts finally came in. I kicked myself for not going with OEM ones because the anchor ones I got from Rockauto didn't fit right. The driver side mount was hitting the dipstick and the passenger sides bolt holes didn't line up right. Ended up having to grind on both of them to get them to work. Eventually got them in and reinstalled my K-memeber.

Also cut my stock IAT sensor off and soldered it into the maf harness I have.

Started installing the turbo piping. Didn't get very far. The driver side pipe flange didn't line up with the flange on the header so it required some grinding/cutting. Ended up with just the 2 pipes that attach to the headers installed.

Hopefully get the rest of my piping in tomorrow or tuesday.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
so I got most of my piping installed today.

I wrapped the crossover pipe because it was contacting the tranny.

And heres my dilemma. The turbo is super tight in there. Almost touching my pulley and touching my fan. I'm debating switching out for a 70mm or maybe switching to slim fans. Might try to notch my stock shroud. Idk yet....

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
So overall how was the fitment/quality of the kit? In a few years i am considering going with an on3 turbo
I've had a couple fitment issues. I've been impressed with the vband clamps ability to bend the kit and force connections. It should be noted that I have upgraded vband clamps. Really I can't say until I see if I have any leaks or not. Also I have an older 1st gen kit. Odds are you'd get a new FF kit. So can't really compare. The turbo fitment is my biggest issue thus far and I don't think it would be as much of an issue if i went with the regular 70mm turbo.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I say you should just go with Slim fans. Keep the big turbo and all. The stock fan on these cars is just so freaking huge its ridiculous.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I say you should just go with Slim fans. Keep the big turbo and all. The stock fan on these cars is just so freaking huge its ridiculous.
Well I got it in there. Made little notches for the fan wiring to tuck into and i think itll be ok. Next issue is the down pipe. It is nearly touching the fan towards the bottom. I will probably end up shaving some of the shroud off. I may end up cutting the exhaust and taking 1/2 inch or so out of it to enable it to slide back a bit. Any suggestions for the PCV system? I've spent hours reading countless threads on what to do with the PCV system once boosted. So many people say different things I really don't know what I'm going to do with it yet. I know I can't leave it in its "stockish" configuration or I'll be feeding boost to the valve covers.

---------- Post added at 12:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

Downpipe is very close....

·
Dont mind me. Ima dumbass
358 Posts
I dont know if you read the other installs on the On3 kit but alot of people were having fitment issues till they realized to loosen all the piping and making adjustments then tightening back up. Dont know if you have tried that or if you have them all tight already. Just thought Id say something about it. looking good though!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I dont know if you read the other installs on the On3 kit but alot of people were having fitment issues till they realized to loosen all the piping and making adjustments then tightening back up. Dont know if you have tried that or if you have them all tight already. Just thought Id say something about it. looking good though!
Thanks man. Yea I haven't tightened them all down yet. The fitment really hasn't been that bad. The merge pipe on the drivers side was the worst, but the vband was able to pull it together. Hopefully that doesn't equate to a leak. I threw 2.5 inch exhaust gaskets in those two spots so we will see when I fire it up. The downpipe issue will hopefully be ok after shaving the shroud and maybe some wrap. Worst case, i'll cut the exhaust and take 1/2 inch or so out of it. The PCV is my next concern. I emailed my tuner to see what he suggests.

Didn't do much today other than install my gauges. They are not completely wired yet, but the wires going to the engine bay are ran. Just gotta find a power/ground and hook up my firewire for data logging.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
nice progress so far! im working on getting my FF kit installed. i also went with the 76, nice to see you managed to get it to fit. ill see how mine fits soon...just gotta stop being lazy and get to working on it lol.

·
358 Posts
I just reread your post. I see the issue lol. Gen1 kit. Just take a few and look at everything, Youll figure out the best route. If I had my eyes and hands on it I could help more. Plus you havnt wrapped your downpipe yet so Its possible to melt the fan lol. Might be an idea to take it off and get a bend in it. I dont think it would be to bad to just heat the pipe up right where its hitting the fan and put a dent in it.

When I had plans of the on3 in my mind I was going to have the whole hotside coated just to keep heat down. But at least your working at it. Hope you stick with it and keep us posted.

Watching someone boost is like being married and hearing your single friend talk about all the hot ass chicks hes bangin! Got to live through ya! lol

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
nice progress so far! im working on getting my FF kit installed. i also went with the 76, nice to see you managed to get it to fit. ill see how mine fits soon...just gotta stop being lazy and get to working on it lol.
Thanks. Start working on yours! It will probably be a bit simpler since its the FF kit.

I just reread your post. I see the issue lol. Gen1 kit. Just take a few and look at everything, Youll figure out the best route. If I had my eyes and hands on it I could help more. Plus you havnt wrapped your downpipe yet so Its possible to melt the fan lol. Might be an idea to take it off and get a bend in it. I dont think it would be to bad to just heat the pipe up right where its hitting the fan and put a dent in it.

When I had plans of the on3 in my mind I was going to have the whole hotside coated just to keep heat down. But at least your working at it. Hope you stick with it and keep us posted.

Watching someone boost is like being married and hearing your single friend talk about all the hot ass chicks hes bangin! Got to live through ya! lol
I'd like to get it all coated, but really don't want to spend that money on this kit. If there was a local place that could do just the DP that may be something I'd consider. Before I take a hammer to anything I'd just cut a little section out of the exhaust further back to let is all slide back. I could even just put one of those 3" exhaust band clamp deals on it so I have some wiggle room later if needed. IDK yet.

·
Registered
25 Posts
This really makes me want to boost mine! but im still stuck.. dont know whether i want turbo, supercharger or nitrous... I have a empty block and heads for my bullitt just collecting dust because i cant make up my mind lol

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
This really makes me want to boost mine! but im still stuck.. dont know whether i want turbo, supercharger or nitrous... I have a empty block and heads for my bullitt just collecting dust because i cant make up my mind lol
Its all personal preference man! I obviously prefer turbo, but a KB sounds sweet too.

Decided to be cheap and make my own breather can for my PCV setup.

I would have liked to keep the PCV intact, but after talking to a few boosted people this seems to be the easiest way to go about it. I capped the hole on the intake manifold and just ran the line from each valve cover to the can.

---------- Post added at 09:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

Also decided to install my cobra tank/pumps last night. When I bought the hat, the dude gave me a PPRV delete kit with it so I hooked that all up.

I ordered the level sender from leathal since my hat didn't have one.

Here she is with everything swapped over ready to go in. You can see where I broke a piece off the bigger blue canister trying to pry it out. Those things are a pain in the ass. After totally mutilating the last one I said screw it and ended up just punching a hole in my stock tank next to the canister till I could get a prybar in there and kinda spread the metal to make it easier to pry out. Sucks to ruin a perfectly good tank, but I don't need the tank. I needed the canister.

·
358 Posts
I didnt see anything about it but what you doing with those LTs? Still lookin good man! Lol slow down or your hands are going to be to beat up to finish ol

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
OP what kind of MAF is that? I know you said slot style but where did you get it and is that a blow through or draw through setup?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I didnt see anything about it but what you doing with those LTs? Still lookin good man! Lol slow down or your hands are going to be to beat up to finish ol
Idk i'll probably end up selling them. Lol I know i keep busting them up.

OP what kind of MAF is that? I know you said slot style but where did you get it and is that a blow through or draw through setup?
Its a pmas. I actually bought it off corral. Its blow through.

Changed my injectors today. Put my deka 60s in.

Also changed plugs. Went to some NGK TR6s.

21 - 40 of 62 Posts