Modded Mustang Forums banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Dont mind me. Ima dumbass
358 Posts
Thanks!

Lol i haven't really even looked around to see what they are going for yet. I'll let you know when i decide to sell em. Shipping would prob be pricey though...
Yeah i understand it might be best to keep them anyways. The ceramic coated ones can be got new for 480 from autoanything.com AM and summit have then for 599 lol

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Well I've been stuck out of town for most of the month for work. Just got back yesterday and got a little time to work on it today. My tuner sent me my base tune while I was out of town so I'm itching to get this thing all buttoned up.

I bent the power steering cooler and mounted it to the bottom of my intercooler.

Got most the engine bay put back together. Ran vacuum lines for the boost gauge, bov, and wastegate. Installed the top radiator line, and coolant reservoir. The tank is a **** hair away from contacting the compressor side of my turbo.

Hoping to give everything a once over tomorrow and fill her back up with fluids. Maybe attempt to start it if i'm lucky......

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Awesome Bud! Hope your startup is perfect! Video? :)
Thanks man. The first tune was so rich i fouled out some plugs. Swapped plugs and got a new tune, now the idle is pretty much dialed in. Have a slight miss I'm trying to track down. Got a new issue though. The passenger tierod is contacting the exhaust. I'm gonna screw with it tomorrow, might end up cutting the exhaust and changing the bend or something. IDK yet. I'm just ready to drive this damn thing.....

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Well I drove the car today. Didn't really get on it. I need to figure out this miss before I get too crazy. I'm suspecting a COP going bad or maybe an injector not spraying correctly. I just ordered this.
Saw it in another thread and it looks like a good thing to have around. Next plan is to pull the rails up and watch the spray pattern of each injector. I was hoping I would throw a code for misfiring while driving so I could narrow it down to a cylinder, around but no such luck. I guess its not consistent enough to trip a DTC. I ended up having to cut the downpipe and exhaust pipe that goes over the passenger side to slightly change the angles to get it to clear the tierod.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Good looking build! Subbed for wooshy noises.
Thanks man! My tuner is ready for me to start doing WOT runs, but I really want to find what causing this miss before I attempt it. I tested all my COPs tonight, they all tested good. Pulled the rail and all the injectors appear to be spraying correctly. Tomorrow I'm going to try to close the gap up on my plugs. I know several people run the NGK Tr6's with no issues. Mine all came gapped at .035, I'm gonna close em up a little to .032 and see what happens. Might try switching to the autolight 103's. I'm running out of ideas....

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Ok so I can't find out whats causing this ****. I re gapped the plugs, no change. I swapped to the autolite 103's no change. The car was running fine before I started this install so i feel like it almost has to be something I ****ed with. Anyone have any ideas? I'm thinking maybe something with the maf? IAT? I would think if they were an issue it would come up on the datalog....

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
So, got the tune done today! I think the issue I've been chasing for the last few months was tune related all along. Quite annoying considering how much money I threw at it in parts trying to fix the "issue". I ended up putting down 375hp/341tq at 8.5psi. I'm not gonna lie, I was hoping to break 400 but the car feels great. The tuner says the 4.10s are killing me. 3.31s may be in the near future....

*edit, damn video won't embed.*

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

wtf. ok nm. I guess it works now

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
I have 3:27s pm me if interested. How much timing and what's your AFR?
Scott, the afr is ~12-12.5. Timing is 18 up top. I think i have a buddy who has a set of 3.31s for me, but i'll hit you up if he falls through. What gears are you running?

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

Also FWIW, the tuner said his boost gauge reads a little high. In my limited time beating on it today, i'm staying under 7psi. Which is right, who knows?

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
That's pretty rich with quite a bit of timing for a stock motor...should of made a lot more power like that. I'd be scared of that tune though. I'm running 3:55's.

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

93 octane?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
That's pretty rich with quite a bit of timing for a stock motor...should of made a lot more power like that. I'd be scared of that tune though. I'm running 3:55's.

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

93 octane?
Really? You'd be nervous? Whats "safe" timing for a stock longblock? How do you like the 3.55s? Yea 93.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Usually mid/lower 11 AFR and low teens timing is what you normally see. I love the 3:55s.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Usually mid/lower 11 AFR and low teens timing is what you normally see. I love the 3:55s.
I guess I'll have to datalog and see where i'm at. I was going off the dyno sheet and I know he put more fuel in right before I left because he said he always adds a little for a street car just to be safe.

You think there is much of a difference between those and 3.31s? The main reason i was going with those is because of my buddy who has a set laying around.

41 - 60 of 62 Posts