Votes: 12 92.3%
  • Bad.

Votes: 1 7.7%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking at a 2001 cobra that the owner converted to a 6-speed. Good or bad? I've heard both, want to know what the majority says, and hear the actual truth about it.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
The t-56 will hold more than the stocker will. Its a little harder to bang gears in a t-56 but not that much.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Its good. Thats a great tranny coupled with good car. Do the IRS upgrades or a solid swap and you will be ready for a lot of power. The t-56 holds alot.

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
Tell you what if you are intimdated by the 6 spd. I'll give you a once in a lifetime deal. I will trade you my T3650 w/ only 8k mi and everything you need to do swap, for your 6spd, everything that I need. I'll even nthroww in my brand new MGW shifter in the box.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Tell you what if you are intimdated by the 6 spd. I'll give you a once in a lifetime deal. I will trade you my T3650 w/ only 8k mi and everything you need to do swap, for your 6spd, everything that I need. I'll even nthroww in my brand new MGW shifter in the box.
+1 ill trade you for my 5speed haha na j/k unless you want to :D

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
doc... are the input shafts the same on a t-56 as everything else? like... i just took my 3650 out and put a built t-45 and spec III clutch in it. would a t-56 work with that clutch and flywheel?

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Did you get an upgraded input shaft with the t-45?

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
I am not sure if they bolt right up or not, to be honest I haven't looked at doing one with out changing everything out. I wouldn't bother swapping if you have a built t-45. Depends on who did it, they can hold just as much. I would tell you that upgrading the input shaft is in your near future with that spec 3 and a few hard launches. You will snap or twist the 10 spline in no time. The springs in the friction disc on a stage 3 are too stiff and they don't absorb enough unless you are putting down serious power. Just an FYI

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
thats cool... i have another question... why is my spec III pedal soft? i installed a spec 2 w/ cable and adjustable quadrant and it was hard as hell... but mine and my buddies 800hp cobras spec 3s are soft... i figured it was because of the quadrant and cable because he and i used stock stuff and the hard spec 2 used cable and adjustable quadrant..

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
I would assume its because of the cable quadrant setup. The pressure plate should be pretty stiff on the stage 3

1 - 13 of 13 Posts