Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have No 2nd gear and it grings going into 3rd gear, any suggestions on my problem?

·
Banned
1,232 Posts
uhm.. your transmission?

·
☼ny
271 Posts
Yeah...that trans is done for...
Find another one at the junkyard.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
bad synchro's . its cheaper to find a used replacement and just swap them out. do ur clutch if its fairly old while its apart

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Cheapest Trans I found is 600. Dont You think its cheaper to just replace the 1-2 Synchronizer?

·
ZYZZ Brah
3,630 Posts
^^^ lol no. look at the link i just posted. they send you a completely rebuilt (warrantied) transmission for $800. You have to send your old tranny to them though.

·
Banned
1,232 Posts
learn to double clutch

·
ZYZZ Brah
3,630 Posts
i will bet you my car that thats not going to be the only thing. you will also need a 3rd gear synchro. i just rebuilt my tranny that was grinding 3rd gear for $3,000 after all the parts and labor. (upgraded internals, stg 2 clutch, pro 5.0, name brand TOB). By the time u factor in parts and labor you'll be close to the $800 if not more for a tranny with only a 1,2,3 synchro rebuild. shits about to start falling apart. do it all or don't do it at all.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It still won't be as much as buying a new one tho because i dont have to pay for them to take it out my car and put it back in.

·
ZYZZ Brah
3,630 Posts
okay nvm then dude. i promise you it is not going to be your 2nd gear synchro only. unless your a transmission builder i wouldnt recommend doing it yourself. the link above is your best bet. its basically a brand new transmission for $800 with a warranty. They ship you a transmission, you install it and ship your busted ass transmission back to them so they can rebuild it and sell it to someone else.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'll Consider it. I Just finished a Automatic Transmission class. All I was gunna do was take it out, take it to the Transmission shop and get it fixed then put it back in.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
And I Have to Have this done ASAP and dont have time to wait on a trans because we only have one week for a break at NADC so i can go home to VA and i have to bring it back up here to TN to drive.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Keep your tranny and buy mine. Tr3650, works perfect no grinding with mgw short shifter 500+ shipping.

·
☼ny
271 Posts
So do u have a Tr3650 or a T-45? 2001's have both depending on the date of manufacturing.

·
Banned
1,232 Posts
I'll Consider it. I Just finished a Automatic Transmission class. All I was gunna do was take it out, take it to the Transmission shop and get it fixed then put it back in.
You just finished a transmission course and you came here asking why 2nd gear wouldn't work..

1 - 20 of 25 Posts