Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so decided to finally take the new stang to work get going down the road and it starts bucking and sounded like it was back firing so is it misfiring or possibly a bad cop that's what I am thinking but any input would be nice :confused:

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Could be a COP. Check your plugs too, maybe one or more is fouled out. That'll let you know what cylinders to look at.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So off work and driving it home and its only doing it under hard acceleration

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does it sound like marbles bouncing around in your engine?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
No its like its not getting any power and sounds like its back firing but when I drive normal it drives just fine its almost like when the TC is on and your tires spin and it cuts power down but it bucks violently when it does it does that make sense

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Was this morning but went off after it did it on the way home:screwy:
Never ran into a problem like this

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's what I'm thinking also loooked under the hood to see this and I bet its the culprit looks like an elcheapo cop

Attachments

·
Registered
808 Posts
Need to quit guessing and read your codes.......And ya those COPs could do it. A set of OEM COPs you need to find.

·
Registered
647 Posts
sounds exactly like what my car did with all 3 cops let go one at a time. does the check engine light blink if you force it to misfire while driving? if so you have a misfire, the extra load is normally what makes a weak cop misfire. at least thats my finding. a code reader can pinpoint the cylinder to examine

1 - 12 of 12 Posts