Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend with a chipped 2004 VW gti 1.8 turbo, boosting 18 pounds. My 02 GT has intake and flowmasters, assuming driver skills are the same who do you guys think would win? i was looking at some youtube videos and the gti's have walked on some mustangs. Any first hand experience? and yes we are racing at a track.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
honestly man just race him. NO matter what anyone says nothing matter till you race.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
how do you drive, how is ihs driving, whats the track alt, will the track me prepped well, the humidity be low or high?

There are a lot of equations to this man. no one knows how u 2 drive.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
were in miami, nd if countyline raceway is closed than US 27 will do, freshly paved, empty road, super smooth, high humidity, were in miami haha. i mean, just if driver is taken out of the equation, nd its purely a question of whos car is faster.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
the humidity will hurt the turbo more than you.

let do some research.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea, my track is an 1/8th mile.
So in theory i wud be better off racing from a dig if it were on the street?.

Im just rather iffy because, being as were both in the same automotive class, i would never hear the end of it if my 4.6L V8 lost to a tiny 1.8 T

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
your 60 foot man. work on it.

front wheel not all wheel right?

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
u have a V8 yes digs are better. U have stock 2v heads and cams. They don't like to pull hard up top like a boosted care. The rolls be better for him and digs for you. FWD is **** for hooking.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
so when launching, should i bring it up to like 3 grand, nd nt drop the clutch but let it out quick, or should i just start normally and just give it gas. i dont have slicks btw

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
do you have drag radials?

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
then a 3k drop u will spin like a mother ****er. so a idle launch and be nice on the gas. Practice someone on the street first and see how u do.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
from a 3k rpm drop you will still roast the 555s. U are auto or 5 speed?

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
ok idle luach to 2k feather out at most.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts